Has anyone ever tried Hollywood and Vine?

melmel89

Original Poster
I was just wondering if anyone has any reviews for Hollywood and Vine? we spend so much time in DHS when we are at WDW that we want as many dining options as possible in that area, it's somewhere we haven't tried yet and have never really heard anyone talk about.

melmel89

Original Poster

kap91

The dinner is good, certainly better than what you'd get at a regular buffet outside the parks, and there are a few items that are really good, but there are certainly many better options throughout the resort. For the price it's kinda ho hum.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
One and only bad dining experience at WDW. Everything from service to food was horrible. My hope is when the big DHS makeover kicks off, that place is demoed and replaced with something else.

LAM378

Breakfast was great last May, no better or worse than any other character buffet I've tried, and I thought there was a lot of variety. Service was a bit slow but that wasn't unique to H&V. I went again for lunch in August and didn't love the food options, but it wasn't terrible and our server was excellent. The characters and dancing/singing/parade at breakfast and lunch are a lot of fun. The restaurant is nothing to look at, but I didn't notice any cleanliness issues either time.

I'm going there again for lunch in May and I'm not dreading it. That said, if I wasn't traveling with little Disney Jr fans, I wouldn't eat there. Too many other options with better food/atmosphere.

gooftroop5

In all our years of traveling to the World we have never tried it. I was always too scared to after reading all the reviews. Now our kids don't really care for Disney Jr. characters so we are in the clear. ;) Like others have said there are other better options. We have always had a good experience at Mama Melrose and also enjoy SciFi and 50's. You could also always jump over to the boardwalk for other options.

popcenturylover

We ate lunch at H&V Dec. 13' with our DD & DGS who are big Disney Jr. fans & they loved it! As for us adults, we thought it was ok. Nothing to write home about but, I actually thought it was better than Chef Mickey.

DizneyPryncess

We had breakfast here in May. Our daughter was 2.5, and absolutely loves Doc, Sofia & Jake. So we decided to try it. She had an absolute ball. We didn't mind the food, it was pretty much what we were expecting. Didn't find anything bad about it, but we like other breakfast buffet's better.

MissingDisney

Often referred to as Hollywood & Vile if that tells you anything.....

We've been there a few times. I didn't think it was that bad but it's been awhile.

PEPPER2029

We ate dinner there and felt Mama Melrose was a better deal. When we ate there the food was boring and bland, then we got the bill and it was $180 for 2 adults and 3 children.

PrincessBelle

We've been for breakfast twice. The second time was at the request of my dd for her 5th birthday. I can't really say it was any different than any of the other breakfasts we did anywhere else. No worse and no better. If my kids were still into the characters, we wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

mattdenine

Had lunch there this past April my DD was 1 1/2 at the time and loved Disney Jr especially Doc and Sofia so my DD loved it. The food was alright nothing special and I would have liked to eat somewhere but it made my daughters trip.

DisneyPrincess5

Hollywood and Vine does get a lot of negative reviews but we have never had a bad meal there. We've had dinner a few times and have always enjoyed it. It wasn't a 5 star meal, but it was very good-no complaints. Give it a try and see what you think.

tigger1968

Did the breakfast a few years ago. We were with a couple with kids so they loved the characters....the food was fine, nothing spectacular, but nothing terrible. As with most of the character meals, I think they are vastly overpriced.

andy773

We had booked dinner as part of the Fantasmic Dinner Package in April 2014. After reading all the negative reviews, we were very apprehensive. We were very pleasantly surprised. They had a great variety of food, and not all typical buffet food.They had a pasta station where one of the cooks would make you a custom pasta dish. They also had a nice carving station. Later that week, we had dinner at the Chef's Table at Victoria and Albert's if that gives you an idea of the kind of food people we are. I am confident that if you go to H&V you will enjoy it.

melmel89

Original Poster
thanks for all the imput everyone, I don't think I have ever seen so many divided reviews! I have been looking on trip advisor and the like and its the same on there. its certainly given me "food for thought" :rolleyes:

Victor Kelly

Out of the 30 restaurants we went to (some were doubles), There are only two restaurants that we will never go back to again, and one is Hollywood and Vine. Worst breakfast and dinner we had on property. The food was never hot. It had just opened for dinner and we were the 10th group in, and the buffet food was cold. The noise at breakfast did not bother me, and even though we had no clue who the characters were besides Sophia we had a good time, however, the food was miserable, cold, but plenty of it. The only saving grace for breakfast was the characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom