The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

PorterRedkey

I am really excited about this announcement! My girlfriend and I have just decided to go to Disneyland the 2nd week of August. It will be my first time at Disneyland after being a Disney World visitor since 1972 (only 1 year old).
It would be great already, but this celebration is the cherry on top.

Can't wait to ride Indy and the FL dark rides!

PorterRedkey

That is kind of what we are thinking. All of the rides should be open and in great shape. In the rumors are true about the upgrades to Pan, and further additions to Alice, that is going to be incredible.
Plus, I hear Pan is already better than the Orlando version. AND, I get to see old friend's like Snow White's Scary Adventure and Mr. Toad's plus the other original dark rides! :geek:

As excited as I am now, I think tonight's announcement is going to make me look forward to going even more. Can't wait.

Figments Friend

Same here.
DLR is where all the action is now.

Anyone who is planning on visiting WDW this year needs to seriously re-think that decision right now.
All the truly exciting *new stuff* is at DLR this year.

The 60th Celebration is the perfect excuse to *make the jump* to the West Coast.
Disneyland will have a lot to offer this year....some neat, and ALL NEW stuff.
Walt Disney World on the other hand will have pretty much all the same stuff it has had for the last few years..or a decade ago..or...well, you get the point.

Want to get the most for your hard earned money?
Want to have a truly relaxing but fun time?

Forget Florida.
GO TO *DISNEYLAND* in 2015 !

:)

Last edited:

dweezil78

Ah.. variety is the spice of life they say. I have the luxury of going to DL all the time living in LA so it was really nice to get back to WDW a few months ago. Enjoyed monorail resort hopping, walking around EPCOT and enjoying the food and sights of World Showcase, taking a ride on Expedition Everest, admiring Mary Blair's insanely awesome Contemporary mural, commuting by water, and all the things only Florida offers.

Definitely a lot of excitement in the air at Walt's park right now, but changing it up no matter which coast you're partial to is always a fun time.

Last edited:

dweezil78

Does anyone actually think there will be announcements/surprises we haven't known about since this was originally supposed to happen in July? Or is everyone mostly just pumped to finally get confirmations on everything? Because I think we can all agree the following are sure things:

*New light-based parade ala Hong Kong
*New fireworks show
*World of Color update
*Dark ride and updates ala Alice
*Glittery castle
*Condor Flats becomes Grizzly Airfield with Soarin HD and new theming in area
*Hat Box Ghost returns to the Haunted Mansion
*Matterhorn gets new animatronics
*Minor touches/surprises -- new audio in trains, cleaned up Small World, et.c

Anything I'm missing?

RMichael21

Does anyone actually think there will be announcements/surprises we haven't known about since this was originally supposed to happen in July? Or is everyone mostly just pumped to finally get confirmations on everything?
I doubt it, Micechat would has most likely told the world about everything that we'll be getting. But, prove me wrong, please. ;):p

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Does anyone actually think there will be announcements/surprises we haven't known about since this was originally supposed to happen in July? Or is everyone mostly just pumped to finally get confirmations on everything?

No. Highly doubt they'll announce something that wasn't brought up previously. I'll be a little shocked if they did.

VJ

Maybe they won't announce things that haven't been leaked before, but I'm sure they still have a few surprises up their sleeves. After all, they have to be using that giant screen for something! Could be wrong though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom