Restricted Rehire status

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Since my termination 11 years ago, I've finished two advanced university degrees, have had 5 years employment with a Fortune 100 company, received a security clearance, and have done consulting work for TWDC.

They still won't lift my no-rehire. Maybe I didn't sleep with the right people when I worked there.

NeonNinja

Hello important question.
I was termed when I got our holiday coupons. Thinking that we only got one per apartment I opened it and took 4 things. My roomate Named jerry got really mad about this reported me and was termed on he spot for theft. its bs (sorry) I was on good terms with everyone until this time. I cannot wait to get back to disney in february and confront him. But anyway I was wondering what I could do. they said I could reapply in a year. No Police activity was done thank god. Would I have a restricted rehire or no rehire?

NeonNinja

I would understand that sometimes unfairness happens and you need to get your priorities straight and control your temper. You only want to get hired again to cuss out a pass employee you had beef with. Smh.

I would just give casting a phone call and they should tell you how you were terminated and whatever. But I would probably work somewhere else until you are willing to start a clean slate and you are willing to work and not go in with a vengeance because you'll just get fired again.

We got along until that day. he is a trator. I want to get hired back to finish what I didn't do that was a whole year at disney.

Doffy777

I have a question for you guys :)
I finished my international college program a year ago. I tried to apply again now and got denied. Asked for a reason, but didn't get one.
I'm guessing I'm on no rehire list and don't know why.
I had 1 reprimand because I charged a kid as a adult when working as a server.
I did get some points for calling in sick during the first 3 months of my 1 year program. However it was the apartment that made me sick. Had black mold in the vent in the bedroom. Got better after they fixed it.
Besides this I got guest compliments from the tables. And got along with most of my managers.
Anyone know what to do?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have a question for you guys :)
I finished my international college program a year ago. I tried to apply again now and got denied. Asked for a reason, but didn't get one.
I'm guessing I'm on no rehire list and don't know why.
I had 1 reprimand because I charged a kid as a adult when working as a server.
I did get some points for calling in sick during the first 3 months of my 1 year program. However it was the apartment that made me sick. Had black mold in the vent in the bedroom. Got better after they fixed it.
Besides this I got guest compliments from the tables. And got along with most of my managers.
Anyone know what to do?
Change your name.

mispb

Hi everybody, I really hope you can help I will appreciate any advice.
Well I got terminated in my last day of my college program (feb 26, 2015), it was for a BIG mistake... I would like to know of there is a chance that I can be rehire again in disney, my lider told me that day that I won't be able to work in disney never again, that really scared me but she was always really mean with me so she might say that just to scared me.
I hope you can help me based on reliable sources and sorry for my english, I'm still improving it.

unkadug

Hi everybody, I really hope you can help I will appreciate any advice.
Well I got terminated in my last day of my college program (feb 26, 2015), it was for a BIG mistake... I would like to know of there is a chance that I can be rehire again in disney, my lider told me that day that I won't be able to work in disney never again, that really scared me but she was always really mean with me so she might say that just to scared me.
I hope you can help me based on reliable sources and sorry for my english, I'm still improving it.
It's a big world out there. There are a lot of companies that would be happy to hire you.

You can still use your experience in the CP to your advantage on your resume, which is what it is suppose to be for...not an entry into a permanent position with the Walt Disney Company.

TRAW

Hey guys, so I self termed due to family things and I am really looking to get rehired. I did the program just last fall. I don't know what my rehire status is and I haven't had another job since Disney. Is there any way I could be rehired anyway? I am going to applying for a part-time position, not another program.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Hey guys, so I self termed due to family things and I am really looking to get rehired. I did the program just last fall. I don't know what my rehire status is and I haven't had another job since Disney. Is there any way I could be rehired anyway? I am going to applying for a part-time position, not another program.

You lose nothing in applying :)

GonzG

Now im curious... Life has been rather rough for me the past year as I've been adjusting to the real world (rushed into getting a license and car, which led to needing a job). I'm on my 3rd reprimand from having to call out for both School and Family/Medical. It looks like my term is right around the corner and jm curious as to my chances of being rehired. Everyone I've worked with in MK knows I'm a har worker and a comedian so i get stuff done and make people laugh. I dont't know if that would improve my chances but I dont want to find out I'll never be rehired again because Life was rough on the non-magic end of the Disney spectrum :/

GonzG

Its already been adjusted but by that time reprimand had already been given . Took about 2 months for the schedule change to happen once it was put in

joen1982

Hello everyone, i'm not usually one to reply on forums, but this one caught my attention. I, too have a situation regarding being terminated from Disney.

I was in the 2009 college program, and was then hired on as a regular cast member in 2010 because I did not feel like returning to upstate NY where there is practically no jobs. Anyway, I was full-time at main st. operations when things took a turn for the worst and I was terminated in November 2010 for having too many reprimand points. I got a one point reprimand for allowing a guest in through the gate with no ticket in like July, then i was suspended for nearly a month after screaming at a park guest over their finger not working on the turnstile, which was misconduct, and they deemed me "unfit for duty" and I was placed on medical leave. I had to prove I was ok to come back, but not after getting slammed with a 2-point poor judgement reprimand. I was told at that point that it was my "last chance" by employee relations. All was well for about another month when another period of stress took its toll on me and I screamed at a cast member right in front of the the guests, and it was my undoing. I got pulled off the floor by a coordinator during a christmas party and sent to an MO office for those of you who know what that is. I was told very coldly that night that I no longer worked for the company, but that I had a right to appeal their decision after another 2-point reprimand that the shop steward thought was rediculous and pleaded with the manager to take off one point and save my job. I tried to convince the manager that I traveled all the way from Syracuse, NY for an opportunity Disney offered me and that I was worthy of having my job back. When the manager refused to give in, I vowed to appeal.

The part I have left out is that I was also recognized on numerous ocassions by management for outstanding guest interactions. I have a ton of guest fanatic cards on my record card, or at least I did at the time. Mainly from QSR where I made many friends. At any rate, I had to wait until after new years 2011 to plead my case at stage three, and lost. At stage four, I had to plead my case to a company rep, and a union rep, and I still lost. After being unemployed for six months, I eventually moved back home.

It is now going on five years since my termination, and I would like to try again. How would I find out my re-hire status? My termination was a result of poor judgement and nothing else. Is it possible they would let me back after five years??

joen1982

Hey does anyone know how to navigate through casting? Since i got terminated, I don't know which option to choose when it asks if you are an existing cast member? I mean technically no, but I was, so they should still have my perner number on record. I'm trying to find out my rehire status, and if anyone knows how to navigate the casting props to do that, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I don't think this is real. Nobody is that clueless.

I also can't figure out for the life of me why so many CPs go full time. Isn't the very definition of "College Program" that you're pursuing a college degree?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I suppose if you do the CP after graduating (like I did last fall), then going full time once your program is over isn't out of the question. Provided of course that whatever the role you go FT in is something relevant to your degree or something you REALLY love.
Lots of people passionate about QS F&B?

jd1317

Question:
I was terminated with a status of no re hire. They said i was fighting on property, which is not what happened. After the incident, they waited 11 days before even taking my statement, and then they didn't read it terminated me and my friend, and told us we could never be rehired. This seems wrong to me since we weren't fighting. It is getting thrown out of court because it is so stupid that it even happened. It was just a mean cop and a mean security guard. and i just really want to go back

unkadug

Question:
I was terminated with a status of no re hire. They said i was fighting on property, which is not what happened. After the incident, they waited 11 days before even taking my statement, and then they didn't read it terminated me and my friend, and told us we could never be rehired. This seems wrong to me since we weren't fighting. It is getting thrown out of court because it is so stupid that it even happened. It was just a mean cop and a mean security guard. and i just really want to go back
Not going to happen. You called attention to yourself in a corporate structure that prizes blending in.

You should use this as a learning experience and move on. Your days at Disney are over.

Next Big Thing

I got termed at WDW on my CP for what I still believe to be wrongful termination. At the time of termination, I only had 1 reprimand, but I missed three days in a row (medical issues) following that one week. I called in the first day and I even talked to one of my leaders at the time, I told her what was going on and she was fine with it as she knew I had a medical condition to begin with. I told her I would be out the next 3-4 days most likely, she said "sounds good, get better, see you soon" or something to that affect. I didn't end up calling out the following two days as she said I didn't have to as she was taking me out of the system.

Come a few days later as I'm getting ready for work, the phone rings in our apartment and a different leader called and basically said don't come in and please get out within 24 hours.

So that ed me off bc I didn't even really have a chance to say anything. It wasn't until I had moved out (and security was a pain as I was moving out, wouldn't leave me alone) I called to try and protest. I put in my statement, they got a statement from my managers and was still told that they felt there was nothing they could do AND I was put on a no rehire.

I can understand not hiring me back, wasn't expecting that, but really, they jump all the way to no re-hire for that?

Is there any way to contest the change of the statist from at the very least no rehire to restricted rehire?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom