October Weather

CJLove79

Hello everybody!!!! This is my very first posting and I'm excited to be surrounded by like minded Mouseketeers such as myself. LOL. Anyway, I'm planning Me and my Girl's trip to Disney World from 10/16-10/24 of this year and I want to know, what's the weather like typically in Orlando at that time frame? I already know its the tail end of hurricane season and that it'll be hot during the day still with somewhat cooler nights. I want to know if its typically Rainy? Sunny? Cloudy? Both? This is very important to me because I originally was planning to go in September but was told by some people that its extremely rainy in September and that I have a better shot at great weather in October. Any info you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

DisneyDaver

October is my favorite time of year at WDW. The weather is usually great ... not too hot during the days and not too cold at night ... and much less rain then September. Of course, there are never any guaranties with weather anywhere!

Make sure you check out MNSSHP!

Upvote 0

CJLove79

Original Poster
That's great!!!! Thanks you two for the info, much appreciated. I've been planning this trip for us for the last 6 months and it only dawned on me recently that I didn't factor in the weather too much. Tiggerish, I'm from the Northeast too, born and raised NY'ker so I'm right there with you about the cooler temps. :) And @ DisneyDaver, yeah me and my girl definitely plan on getting tickets for the MNSSHP. We're not going in costumes though, just to get candy, capitalize on the shorter lines at the rides and enjoy the whole experience. LOL. So in comparison to September, there's more sunny days in October right? And if it does rain, is it the usual Floridian drenching that's there one minute & gone the next? Or does it drag? Yeah, there's no way to predict so far in the future but at least I'll be able to get a good sense as to what to expect when we get there.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

October is a crazy month. I have been going for the F&WF in October for several years and every year the weather has been different. Last year I had 2 weeks of amazing weather in the 80s with not a drop of rain in sight. The year before had a couple of rainy days and a couple of hot sunny days. The year before it was cold and rainy the whole time. So you really do not know what you are going to get that time of year so pack for anything.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We visited October 8-13, 2012, and saw no rain at all -- just sunny skies and mid-70s temps. It was gorgeous. While I recognize that the small amount of rain (it did rain a couple of times, but just brief showers while we were inside attractions, so we were never "in it" ourselves) is an aberration that time of year, I still think it's a great time to visit. Also, the earlier in the month you visit, the warmer it will be and the smaller the crowds will be. Food and Wine is a great event -- just try to avoid World Showcase on the weekends (and to a lesser extent, in the evening) if you want to sidestep the peak crowds, due to an influx of local visitors.

Upvote 0

CJLove79

Original Poster
Thank everybody!!!! Based off what most of you guys are saying, the weather should be great for the most part but even if it rains, it should pass pretty quickly. Hey, I'll take any positive feedback as I can but at the same time, I will be realistic about the situation.To SnowWhite1015, thanks for the link, it'll be a great reference for me. :)

Upvote 0

TinkerBell43

Hi we usually go in October and like most people have said the weather is generally really good. We have only seen 1 day of rain each time we have been. For us temp wise (coming from the UK), we find it very comfortable and the humidity is usually low. We are going again 16 Oct for 2 weeks so may bump into you!!1 have a great trip :)

Upvote 0

Clamman73

Sometimes I catch October when a front has pushed any chances of rain out, sometimes been there when a stationary front is over Florida and it does the typical rain for a while routine. But, later October gives a better chance of being dry.

Upvote 0

CJLove79

Original Poster
You have a great trip yourself Miss TinkerBell43 and thanks for your insight. Everybody on here has validated me changing the date from September to October and all you guys tips have given me a great peace of mind. ☺ Now my fingers will be crossed that there won't be no hurricanes. LOL. And thanks for your insight too Clamman73,much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Disneykings

Hi, just wondering what end of October temps are like? I have read after sunset the temperature can drop off a lot. Is it worth wearing trousers for afternoon/evenings? Sorry, repeating basically what others have asked but despite coming from UK I really feel the cold now (getting old) Need to get holiday shopping done and have no idea what to get. Determined not to over pack as always! Thanks

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

Hi, just wondering what end of October temps are like? I have read after sunset the temperature can drop off a lot. Is it worth wearing trousers for afternoon/evenings? Sorry, repeating basically what others have asked but despite coming from UK I really feel the cold now (getting old) Need to get holiday shopping done and have no idea what to get. Determined not to over pack as always! Thanks
It really is hard to tell. Some years it is still super hot even at night and others it is cold already. I would watch the weather close to your trip and go from there. I have been going at the end of Oct for several years and I do not think it gets really cold at night. But I am from the north so for me 60s is still not too bad while southerners wear hats and coats in the 60s. Coming from the UK I don't think you will feel cold.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

Hello everybody!!!! This is my very first posting and I'm excited to be surrounded by like minded Mouseketeers such as myself. LOL. Anyway, I'm planning Me and my Girl's trip to Disney World from 10/16-10/24 of this year and I want to know, what's the weather like typically in Orlando at that time frame? I already know its the tail end of hurricane season and that it'll be hot during the day still with somewhat cooler nights. I want to know if its typically Rainy? Sunny? Cloudy? Both? This is very important to me because I originally was planning to go in September but was told by some people that its extremely rainy in September and that I have a better shot at great weather in October. Any info you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.
October is one of my favorite months here. It's beautiful. Still pretty warm, nights get a little chilly once the sun goes down and the rain is hit and miss.

Upvote 0

Disneykings

It really is hard to tell. Some years it is still super hot even at night and others it is cold already. I would watch the weather close to your trip and go from there. I have been going at the end of Oct for several years and I do not think it gets really cold at night. But I am from the north so for me 60s is still not too bad while southerners wear hats and coats in the 60s. Coming from the UK I don't think you will feel cold.

Thank you, that's a great help. Never been to USA before, so it is all very new and exciting. Thanks again

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom