Way advance planning

mavlax20

Original Poster
Ok, so I am planning way in advance for a surprise trip that will take place in June 2017....but just wondering, should I try to splurge for a deluxe or stick with a moderate. My wife has always wanted to stay at the contemporary, however that would take just about all the budget I would save for the trip. Also, we would be meeting her best friend there (they met for the first time at Disney World in 2007), so I would have to plan on how to have them both meet and surprise each other...so coordinating plane times and whatnot...but that is me rambling...so do you think I should try to splurge for a deluxe or stick with the moderate (Looking at French Quarter or Riverside).

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
That's one of those questions that normally has way too many factors for someone else to answer for you. However based on these two statements: "...surprise trip that will take place in June 2017" & "My wife has always wanted to stay at the contemporary" Maybe you should use this time to save up as much as you can to surprise your wife with someplace she's always wanted to stay?

That's my two cents.

mavlax20

Original Poster
That's one of those questions that has way too many factors for someone else to answer for you. However based on these two statements: "...surprise trip that will take place in June 2017" & "My wife has always wanted to stay at the contemporary" Maybe you should use this time to save up as much as you can to surprise your wife with someplace she's always wanted to stay?

That's my two cents.
I know what you mean....I also am having to keep in mind her best friend, and how much is her friend going to be able to save. We could split the cost of the room, yes, but like you said, too many variables right now.

38053WDW

Never to early to plan :) - Sharing a room at Contemp on this "special" surprise may not be the right thing even though she is her best friend... It can get a little tight in there and you can never be really comfortable to me. Boy, this is tough .. I suggest planning on what it will cost all around > https://disneyvacationaccount.disney.go.com/ < then let her friend know what it will be. Riverside is so quiet to me but I do enjoy the balcony to watch fireworks off at Contemp. (Moderates do not have balcony's) You've got two years to start saving .. Best of luck ... Oh yea .. does it have to be June? Higher prices, bigger crowds then .. If it's just adults then maybe Sept/Oct area ?

Last edited:

mavlax20

Original Poster
June works best for my wife and I because we both work in public education, and with my job as an athletic trainer, I am working with sports the entire school year. I have gotten to the point where I am ready to move on and find something with much better hours and more flexibility for traveling.

Edit: Just talked to her friend on facebook....her friend wants to stay at the same resort they stayed at when they met..Pop Century....while that is cheaper which is nice, I am kind of spoiled by the moderates I have stayed at. Should I just say 'I'll book the room, you pay me back?' or what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

SDisney90

June works best for my wife and I because we both work in public education, and with my job as an athletic trainer, I am working with sports the entire school year. I have gotten to the point where I am ready to move on and find something with much better hours and more flexibility for traveling.

Edit: Just talked to her friend on facebook....her friend wants to stay at the same resort they stayed at when they met..Pop Century....while that is cheaper which is nice, I am kind of spoiled by the moderates I have stayed at. Should I just say 'I'll book the room, you pay me back?' or what are your thoughts?

Personally, I wouldn't make her have to have that burden of 'paying you back'. Maybe POP is all she feels comfortable paying for ya know? Possibly she has some sort or sentimental feeling with POP since they met there? You could always ask her her thoughts on it, but I wouldn't push the issue to be honest.

mavlax20

Original Poster
I'm going to ask her friend how long she wants to stay...if she wants to stay 4 days, then I can book some extra days just for my wife and I at a different resort. That is my thought process, so I'm not the third wheel during the trip, and then my wife and I can get time that is just us two also. Maybe I can also save up enough vacation days to go at the end of May...You have no idea how much I want to tell my wife that I am planning this trip...but I am holding strong....I know it isn't the same but I feel like I am holding a secret to surprise a child with and anticipating the reaction.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Ok, so I am planning way in advance for a surprise trip that will take place in June 2017....but just wondering, should I try to splurge for a deluxe or stick with a moderate. My wife has always wanted to stay at the contemporary, however that would take just about all the budget I would save for the trip. Also, we would be meeting her best friend there (they met for the first time at Disney World in 2007), so I would have to plan on how to have them both meet and surprise each other...so coordinating plane times and whatnot...but that is me rambling...so do you think I should try to splurge for a deluxe or stick with the moderate (Looking at French Quarter or Riverside).

Look into renting DVC points from an owner. It can make staying at a deluxe fairly economical.

Lucky

I'm going to ask her friend how long she wants to stay...if she wants to stay 4 days, then I can book some extra days just for my wife and I at a different resort.
We did that once...stayed at Pop for a few days to be near my sister and when she left switched to Coronado.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom