Trip Report Our wonderful Christmas vacation thanks to the Pepto!

It's December 13th and were up and ready to go.... Except for my sweet daughter Cady.

DSCN0018.JPG

She has decided that she actually wants to go to her second period class before we leave for Disney!!! :eek:

Why would I let me 14 year old call the shots? Well she has this crazy passion for music, I mean crazy and on this day they were doing something special in her music class so yes I pushed back our trip by 3 hours. Much to the dismay of my other children.

At 10 in the morning we have finally hit the road and are on our way. After driving for 14 hours we decide to stop in Tifton, Ga for the night. We stayed at Microtel. Why am I telling you this? Because you should never...NEVER stay there. The lobby looked nice the man at the counter was very nice but the rooms were disgusting and the beds were the worst I've slept on. I suppose thats what you get when you pay $51.00 for a hotel room :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
September is a great time to go. Low crowds and it happens to be our anniversary month as well. Keep on singing and dancing around the house. Sept. will be here soon enough. Now if we can just get rid of the cold. Here in Georgia, it is just too cold for the south. Not used to this and it is supposed to snow tomorrow, but below Atlanta when we usually get the snow up here in the mountains north of Atlanta. Weird winter.
SNOW IN GEORGIA!! That's crazy! Here in northern Indiana we should be used to the cold but this is the worst winter we've had in years. Right now it's -11 with a high of 0. Even the County offices where I work have been closed on work days. It must be bad if they're telling us not to come into work!

We took our 3rd trip in 2010 during Sept. and your right it is a great time to go. I wonder when they put up the fall decorations?

Lol we have the same here, although we have to wait a month longer ;) October will be the month for us! First timer for my wife and daugther and for me 24 years ago ;) and for my daugther her first flight ever ;) and what kind of flight!! Normally we drive 4 hrs to DLP and now we have a 9 hr flight ;) AND the Halloween theme ;) so the ore-feelings are getting bigger by the day although it's a +250 day before D-Day for us ;)

Oh your going to have such a wonderful time. How exciting for your wife and daughter. Nothing is better then the first time to Disney. Our first trip in 2006 was by far the best!! I loved going around Halloween. I definitely recommend the Halloween Party!! It's expensive but worth it at least once.

FlaggNL

Oh your going to have such a wonderful time. How exciting for your wife and daughter. Nothing is better then the first time to Disney. Our first trip in 2006 was by far the best!! I loved going around Halloween. I definitely recommend the Halloween Party!! It's expensive but worth it at least once.

You are so right! Nothing beats a first timer in Disney! For it WDW is 24 yrs ago, but it was marvelous! Off course we were in DLP a lot of times and there will be a lot of similarities in WDW but I will be a killer :) We did not decide yet for the Halloween Party, but we're not there on the 31st... we are thinking about the Halloween nights in Universal :)

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
You are so right! Nothing beats a first timer in Disney! For it WDW is 24 yrs ago, but it was marvelous! Off course we were in DLP a lot of times and there will be a lot of similarities in WDW but I will be a killer :) We did not decide yet for the Halloween Party, but we're not there on the 31st... we are thinking about the Halloween nights in Universal :)
I read somewhere that Universal does a great job on Halloween! What ever you pick I'm sure will be great. We are just big big fans of the Boo To You parade!! Love it. I watch it every once in a while on youtube.

FlaggNL

I read somewhere that Universal does a great job on Halloween! What ever you pick I'm sure will be great. We are just big big fans of the Boo To You parade!! Love it. I watch it every once in a while on youtube.

Yeah, we love the Boo to You as well. You don't hoa many times we are behind the screen to see you tube movies of WDW :) And guess what we're going to be there live in 259 days :) And when looking at Universal movies.. wow.. they are so great and so scary :) Make the halloween parties in DLP looks like childparties :)

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I have been hoping for Christmas reports to read since I'm missing Disney right now but since there hasn't been very many I thought I'd read my own again. It's been a year and I realized i'm a bit of a dork. Hope you enjoy my report and hope no one gets agitated for me reposting. :D

smk

I have been hoping for Christmas reports to read since I'm missing Disney right now but since there hasn't been very many I thought I'd read my own again. It's been a year and I realized i'm a bit of a dork. Hope you enjoy my report and hope no one gets agitated for me reposting. :D
Not mad at all! I love reading trip reports and I remember reading this one last year but enjoyed reading it again! I wish I was there, crowds and all, I am really missing WDW right now. Plotting a way to sneak away in Feb for four shorts days....must hide the bank statements and pay off the card in order to even have a snowballs chance. IF my husband will not go I will kidnap him if necessary, or act really sad and then he will do anything for me!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Thanks @smk for humoring me. I'd love to be down there right now. Our next scheduled trip isn't until December 2017. My daughters high school marching band will be going down then and you can bet that I'll be tagging along!! But that's an awfully long time so I think I'll need to sneak in a trip in between now and then. :)

smk

Thanks @smk for humoring me. I'd love to be down there right now. Our next scheduled trip isn't until December 2017. My daughters high school marching band will be going down then and you can bet that I'll be tagging along!! But that's an awfully long time so I think I'll need to sneak in a trip in between now and then. :)
We have a trip in the works for October with our daughter, son in law and their growing family. A side trip to Universal is also planned. I am looking forward to my grandson's first trip, he will be three in November and already tall enough to ride any ride, he is 40 inches tall. Giants run on his dads side! lol. I know that trip will be a different kind of trip than we have taken in the past few years so I am selfishly looking for a trip for just my husband and myself before then. When we go alone it is peaceful and slow, we stop and smell the roses, sleep in, take evening walks in whatever resort we want. In October we will be staying in so their (new baby due April first, sex will be a secret until the day of birth!) parents can go out a few nights, so evenings will be early dinners and early to bed. I know that seeing things thru his eyes will be priceless tho, so that much I am looking forward to! We are driving and taking all the baby stuff, they are flying in two days later so they will just have to bring the kids and themselves. I just love the place, it is where I want to go when things get hectic, it calms me, crazy I know. We just have so much fun there, together. Now we will share it with our grandchildren, helping to make future WDW fans. February is dream, October is a reality.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I so hope your February plans work out. I know just what you mean when you say it's a different trip. We have always went with all our kids in the past and things are so busy but this last September my husband and I went for just two days by ourselves and it was so nice to go at our own pace and not rush from ride to ride. Although we only got to have one day at MK and one at DTD it was wonderful! I can't wait to do it again!!

Congratulations on the new baby!!

Here is my day at Disney report from this past September with no kids if your interested! It was lovely. My trip that is. ;)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-my-dream-day-at-disney-no-kids.890936/#post-6352675

mishel635

So glad that you went back and re-read your TR or I might not have found it! I'm planning a trip for December 1-8 2015 so I'm searching for Christmas trip reports. Yours was great! Thanks for sharing!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
So glad that you went back and re-read your TR or I might not have found it! I'm planning a trip for December 1-8 2015 so I'm searching for Christmas trip reports. Yours was great! Thanks for sharing!
I'm happy you enjoyed my report!! Before our trip I also read as many Christmas reports as I could. You will have such a great time. Everything is so beautiful! Tag me in your report if you do one!! :D

Courtney6682

LOVEDDDDD LOVEDDDDD LOVEDDDD your trip report! You have a lovely family and sounds like u all had an amazing time! So glad u and Zane felt better towards the end of the trip. Poor Cady not being picked for AI...I would have cried if that were my daughter...lol....I would have felt SO BAD!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Thanks!!! @Courtney6682 :happy: I'll tell you I was disappointed that Cady wasn't picked for AI but I was also so proud of her for trying. It was her first time singing in front of anyone by herself. Now she is in her High School Show Choir and she is loving it!

LilWalt

I just read the whole thing and didn't even realize it was over a year old till the end. Great report. I have fears of stomach issues when I am there as well.

mrdrift

What a wonderful trip report, I just finished reading the whole report and it sounds like everyone had a blast except the the stomach issue. All of the pictures through out the parks and at Universal are really good to capture all that you experienced. Thanks for sharing your family vacation with all of us.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Lol! Just started reading this when I realized I read it already. Still good the second time around!
:) Thanks.

What a wonderful trip report, I just finished reading the whole report and it sounds like everyone had a blast except the the stomach issue. All of the pictures through out the parks and at Universal are really good to capture all that you experienced. Thanks for sharing your family vacation with all of us.
It was a great time and seems like it went so fast and was so long ago even though it was only a little over a year. Hopefully we'll get to go back soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom