Meeting Anna and Elsa at MK

LaceyLC

Original Poster
My 3 year old loves Frozen, but isn't overly obsessed with them (doesn't eat, sleep, breathe it). So, I hate to waste a FP+ on it, but I know she would enjoy meeting them. In May, how long do you guess it would be if we went at rope drop with no FP+? I'm thinking 45 min or less worth it, longer...just don't tell her they are there! :) I know it is all a guesstimate of line length at this point!

Matt_Black

When in May? The first week of May is going to see VERY different crowd levels than the last week, I'd wager.

Another tip- download the My Disney Experience app if you haven't already and check on random days up until your trip what the wait times are; that should give you a decent average wait time.

yellowb

If you can get the Anna and Elsa Fastpass in the morning, get the other two in the morning as well, and then you will be able to pick up extra Fastpasses as the day progresses. If they only have evening times left, get to MK early and follow the rope drop brigade in.

jloucks

My 3 year old loves Frozen, but isn't overly obsessed with them (doesn't eat, sleep, breathe it). So, I hate to waste a FP+ on it, but I know she would enjoy meeting them. In May, how long do you guess it would be if we went at rope drop with no FP+? I'm thinking 45 min or less worth it, longer...just don't tell her they are there! :) I know it is all a guesstimate of line length at this point!

When we were there in October it was at least a 2 hour line. ...looked like a six hour line. We used a fasspass. No regrets.

KIsAPrincess

We were in Magic Kingdom the Sunday before Martin Luther King Day.....the parks were pretty crowded (Space Mountain had a 105 minute wait). By 9:00 pm the wait for Anna and Elsa was posted at 30 minutes. Haven't tried a rope drop, but to me it seems like the wait time is considerably less in the evening. Usually when Wishes start, people bail on waiting in line to see them. Just a thought.

LaceyLC

Original Poster
Thank you all for the advice! I'll have to think about which would be best for us. I don't mind getting there at rope drop, but it may be worth the fast pass. We are going the last week in May, so it will be busy.

sgtmgd

On a side Frozen Note the Frozen Sing a Long show at DHS is also a chance to see them up close..we were pleasantly surprised it was well done and quite funny.

RichVIII

We have done both rope drop and FP. The times overall for A&E are getting slightly better and certainly not the 5 hours when they first arrived in Epcot. Having done rope drop to see them twice, these are my tips and are by in no way guarantees. Don't have a stroller of any kind with you...it will only slow you up and people will be tripping all over it. Being three, I would take her in your arms and not try to walk with her...it is a mess. Don't think you can cut through a shop or through adventure land, the side of the castle or through any other land. It goes straight up Main St. and through the castle. This is a messy merge spot because people go up left and right and meet in the center. Hug close to the cast members. It makes a left and wraps around the carousel - STAY on the inside. It always blobs around as people try to cut around. Remember, people with breakfast reservations or hair appointments at BBB will already have a jump on you. So you could do all that and still wait an hour+. Often times that is the longest the line is during the day. OR you could just use a Fastpass and know you can see them. My advice...use the FP!

EaglesfanNJ

If you are quick enough and crafty enough it won't even be 30minutes. You and the rest of the current Disney population will be behind the rope and cast members. When you get behind the castle and into Fantasyland they drop the rope. Half of the folks will veer towards Seven Dwarfs. The other Anna and Elsa. I was quick enough (luckily) to get there and be about 10th in line.

This is all assuming no extra morning magic hours. As many others have said, it's worth the Fastpass for sure...don't think of it as "wasting". The 180 minute standby will remind you of that. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom