It's a tragedy...no Cinnamon Rolls on Main St. USA?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Do they have La Boulange?

Yes. But the closet thing I've seen to a cinnamon roll is this...

image.jpg

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Looks like a cinnamon roll to me (they would call it one at Crystal Palace). Like I said, not what you are used to on Main Street. For what it is worth, these are pretty good. And processed.

That's more like a coffee roll? Cinnamon rolls have frosting, at least, IMO. Powdered sugar changes a cinn roll into maybe a donut?

MattC

Sorry, gotta dig this one up for a question. So, a few months ago the wife and I went to Gaston's to get a "warm" cinnamon roll for breakfast. Little did we know that even though the menu says "warm cinnamon roll" the cinnamon rolls weren't warm. We asked if it could be heated. Nope, no, they have no way to heat it. Ok, whatever, we are hungry and it will still be good. We say to ourselves, "next time we will go to MSB/Starbucks and get a warm one."

Fast forward to last night. I say, "Hey, why don't we get a warm cinnamon roll from Mainstreet before wishes along with some coffee." We go in, I ask dude behind counter for a cinnamon roll....."We don't have them anymore. Gaston took them." HOW DID I MISS THIS??? I mean, I keep up with the Disney news fairly well. I knew the cinnamon rolls moved to Gaston's during the MSB refurb, but I thought they would be back. Is there no place to get a warm cinnamon roll anymore? Are they actually warm at Gaston's and we just got the wrong CMs that morning?

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Sorry, gotta dig this one up for a question. So, a few months ago the wife and I went to Gaston's to get a "warm" cinnamon roll for breakfast. Little did we know that even though the menu says "warm cinnamon roll" the cinnamon rolls weren't warm. We asked if it could be heated. Nope, no, they have no way to heat it. Ok, whatever, we are hungry and it will still be good. We say to ourselves, "next time we will go to MSB/Starbucks and get a warm one."

Fast forward to last night. I say, "Hey, why don't we get a warm cinnamon roll from Mainstreet before wishes along with some coffe." We go in, I ask dude behind counter for a cinnamon roll....."We don't have them anymore. Gaston took them." HOW DID I MISS THIS??? I mean, I keep up with the Disney news fairly well. I knew the cinnamon rolls moved to Gaston's during the MSB refurb, but I thought they would be back. Is there no place to get a warm cinnamon roll anymore? Are they actually warm at Gaston's and we just got the wrong CMs that morning?
Nope they are not the same and sadly that is the only option in MK now. A very sad replacement in me and my DH's opinion. RIP MSB!!! :(

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Y'all, this is old news. Didn't you guys HEAR, you can get reduced fat LEMON cake at StarBUCKS now.

For what it's worth, the Gaston's cinn buns are the same as the most recent incarnation of MS Bakery Cinn Buns. The real loss of the phenomenal MS cinn buns came a couple years before Starbucks.
Not true I had several right before MSB closed for STARBUCKS refurbishment and they were just as good as they always were. Warm , gooey, etc. Gastons are NOTHING like the ones right before closure of MSB!! They are not served warm, the icing is totally different, and they are really dry!!! So no lots of us would beg to differ that the one at Gastons was the same being served at MSB several years prior to Starbucks coming. :)

SnarkyMonkey

...but does anyone know where I can get some freaking doughnuts in MK? we asked around to some CMs and everywhere one lead us they didn't have them :(

I don't think you can actually get donuts at MK...unless Starbucks gets them. But I do believe Kona Island has them. And Contempo Cafe might too.

That's more like a coffee roll? Cinnamon rolls have frosting, at least, IMO. Powdered sugar changes a cinn roll into maybe a donut?

Cinnamon rolls technically don't have to have icing. I know...I know. :jawdrop:

POLY LOVER

MY family makes it a point to visit the bakery when we go to WDW, when I saw it was closed then turned into a starbucks I was stunned. No cinnamon rolls. HOW COULD THEY DO THAT? I wrote a letter to Disney and they did called me at home and I gave them my thoughts. I was told they have the rolls at Gasetons tavern in the new Fanatsy Land area. I went and they just are not the same. NOT HOT AND GOOEY
LIKE THE BAKERY.
Disney you lost a touch of magic. Bring back the bakery and rolls. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POLY LOVER

But it doesn't look like a Starbucks from the outside. I don't think it is any different than Edy's sponsoring the ice cream shops (not sure if they still do, but they did for a while). Or like when Kodak was at the Imagination Pavilion.

if starbucks just sponsored the Bakery and provided their coffee that would be fine but they totally removed it for Strbucks.
bad move.

POLY LOVER

I BET IF PEOPLE WROTE TO STARBUCKS THEY WOULD FIX THIS WITH DISNEY. STARBUCKS IS A PRETTY GREAT COMPANY WITH GREAT PEOPLE SKILLS. THEY COULD MAKE THIS RIGHT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom