Frozen additions coming to Disney Cruise Line

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A Day of Frozen Fun, Including New Deck Party

Debuting this summer, on select Disney Magic and Disney Wonder sailings to Europe and Alaska, Disney Cruise Line guests are transported to the land of “Frozen” when the ship is transformed into a winter wonderland and a day of frozen fun culminates with an extravagant celebration with friends from the Kingdom of Arendelle. The deck party, “Freezing the Night Away with Anna, Elsa and Friends,” is a family-friendly interactive celebration featuring the famous royal sisters and their fun-loving Nordic companions.

New Production Number in “Disney Dreams”

Our friends from “Frozen” are making their stage show debut at sea in the Walt Disney Theatre aboard the Disney Magic. In our original production, “Disney Dreams … An Enchanted Classic,” Anna, Elsa and Olaf join the line up of beloved Disney characters who together teach a young girl the power of her dreams. Brand-new scenes featuring “Frozen” characters include renditions of three popular songs: “Let it Go,” “For the First Time in Forever” and “In Summer.”

Magical Meet and Greets

In addition to warm hugs, Olaf will be giving autographs and taking photographs with children and families while he is cruising with us. He is joining Anna and Elsa on the Disney Fantasy, Disney Dream, Disney Wonder and Disney Magic for some fun in the sun!

Adventures Ashore in Norway

This summer in Norway, the land that inspired Arendelle from “Frozen,” Disney Magic cruisers will have the opportunity to join exciting new Port Adventures that bring this fairytale setting to life. One signature adventure ashore in Ålesund, Norway, created exclusively for Disney Cruise Line, will immerse guests in the splendor and charm of Norway, with the help of Anna and Elsa, in an enchanting storybook village.

Olaf’s Summertime Freeze on Castaway Cay

We’re cooling down Castaway Cay with the addition of Olaf’s Summertime Freeze bar! Serving non-alcoholic specialty frozen drinks in souvenir cups, the creative menu features refreshing beverages such as “Olaf’s Flurry Freeze,” “Sven’s Carrot Delight” and “Warm Hugs.” Olaf’s Summertime Freeze will be near the Pelican Point tram stop by Castaway Cay Family Beach.

lebeau

I am SOOOOOO happy about this. My girls are going to flip!

wdw-frozen-hug.jpg

Disnee4Me

I feel like we are being FROZEN to death. Still haven't seen the movie, but plan to do so soon. And after this NEXT trip to WDW for Christmas 2015, I will then begin building up Disney $$$s for a cruise!!

geomelin

We are having a Disney Fantasy cruise this July (2015). So, is it better to wait and meet Elsa and Anna on the ship instead of wasting a fastpass some days before in Magic Kingdom? Is it easier to meet them on the ship?

Last edited:

216bruce

Why are having a Disney Fantasy cruise this July (2015). So, is it better to wait and meet Elsa and Anna on the ship instead of wasting a fastpass some days before in Magic Kingdom? Is it easier to meet them on the ship?
There will be a line, but it will be a lot less hassle and wait. Character m&g's onboard are great. No reservation or FP. Just get there a few minutes early and you'll be fine. Now, this being Frozen-mania time, I'm sure it'll be a longer wait for the girls than other characters, but sure won't be more than a few minutes.
The character times and locations are listed in your daily Navigator newsletter that you get delivered every day.

geomelin

There will be a line, but it will be a lot less hassle and wait. Character m&g's onboard are great. No reservation or FP. Just get there a few minutes early and you'll be fine. Now, this being Frozen-mania time, I'm sure it'll be a longer wait for the girls than other characters, but sure won't be more than a few minutes.
The character times and locations are listed in your daily Navigator newsletter that you get delivered every day.

That sounds great! So we are gonna wait and meet Anna and Elsa during our cruise!

wogwog

Actually I have been on two cruises recently on the Wonder and Magic out of PC and the process has changed. The Princes and Frozen M&G sessions have changed. You need a free reservation, obtained at Guest Service, to meet the Frozen Ladies that were held in Animator's Palace out of view of everyone without a reservation. The other princesses were still receiving in the atrium, but also by reservation. You will not be allowed to just get in line. The non-princess characters are the only ones still doing "just show up and get in line". I can't speak for the Dream or Fantasy.

I have no young girls and I am fed up with the whole over saturation of the Frozen stuff, first the parks now DCL. But I inquired about the process for friends. The reservations are first come and can not be made prior to boarding, at least as of last week on Magic.

geomelin

Thanks!

How and when do you take those free tickets?
Is it as soon as you board the ship or is it announced on the Personal Navigator?

wogwog

Thanks!

How and when do you take those free tickets?
Is it as soon as you board the ship or is it announced on the Personal Navigator?
Some people go directly to Guest Relations as soon as they board if they want to be sure to get them. I have no little girls so I head directly for the lunch.

You will get a Personal Navigator in the terminal before you board so read as the process can change at the discretion of DCL.

I got to see Anna in 2013 on my second cruise on the Fantasy.

She was SO in character! I asked her where Elsa was, and she said she was in Arendelle doing her "Queeny" thing.

I love Anna!

IMG_1302.JPG

216bruce

Actually I have been on two cruises recently on the Wonder and Magic out of PC and the process has changed. The Princes and Frozen M&G sessions have changed. You need a free reservation, obtained at Guest Service, to meet the Frozen Ladies that were held in Animator's Palace out of view of everyone without a reservation. The other princesses were still receiving in the atrium, but also by reservation. You will not be allowed to just get in line. The non-princess characters are the only ones still doing "just show up and get in line". I can't speak for the Dream or Fantasy.

I have no young girls and I am fed up with the whole over saturation of the Frozen stuff, first the parks now DCL. But I inquired about the process for friends. The reservations are first come and can not be made prior to boarding, at least as of last week on Magic.
Well, so much for hassle-free. Darn!

I heard another "nasty rumor" not to my liking. DCL may use those horrid less than magic bands in the future for other than the kiddy areas, for what I did not even want to ask.
I can check with my BIL who works for DCL shoreside. Personally, I don't mind them, but I can see how some people can find them irritating.

216bruce

I heard another "nasty rumor" not to my liking. DCL may use those horrid less than magic bands in the future for other than the kiddy areas, for what I did not even want to ask.
If it's only room access and charging, I have no problem with that but if you have to use MM+ to schedule things or ride AquaDunk or pre-order meals...yeah, not good. That's carrying things too far for the cost of the cruise and the relaxed nature (supposedly) of a cruise. I really DON'T want it to turn into WDW. Ugh.

wogwog

I can check with my BIL who works for DCL shoreside. Personally, I don't mind them, but I can see how some people can find them irritating.
They are not reliable in the parks why would they work any better in the sea air.:mad: The "official" guest satisfaction survey data touted by Disney are inflated to look good. I know too many people who have had major issues causing wasted time at guest relations in the park and have aquaintences at higher than front line cast who agree with that assessment.

Well, I can confirm that there are no current plans to bring the bands to the ships beyond what they've done with the kids' clubs.

There's always growing pains with any technology, I'm just trying to keep thinking on the bright side of things amidst all the negativity (or, at least, what I'm perceiving as negativity).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom