The 2015 Fall & Fall Advantage Application Season Thread

Marc Gil

Original Poster
Hello friends! It's that time of year again when all of us DCP applicants scurry over to the web to try and secure our spot for the DCP Fall/Fall Advantage Program. To my knowledge, today is the first day that Disney began accepting applications for the Fall/Fall Advantage Programs, so if you are thinking about doing the program next semester, I would advise you fill out the application Asap.

This is my second time applying for the Disney College Program, my first time was last October, though I was unsuccessful. I made it past the initial application and the web-based interview, but a few weeks after my phone interview, they gave me the bad news.

Not to fear! Because this time around, I'm more confident and prepared for this journey.

Today I applied especially for the Fall Advantage Program, which begins in Mid/Late May- Early January. The roles that I wish to secure are Merchandise, Attractions, Main Entrance Operations, Full Service Food & Beverage, Photopass Photographer, Hospitality, Vacation Planner, Character Attendant, and Concierge.

I hope to track my progress on this thread regarding my application status, and I hope the community here on WDWMagic does the same.

Good luck applicants, and I hope to hear from you soon!

RMichael21

Hello friends! It's that time of year again when all of us DCP applicants scurry over to the web to try and secure our spot for the DCP Fall/Fall Advantage Program. To my knowledge, today is the first day that Disney began accepting applications for the Fall/Fall Advantage Programs, so if you are thinking about doing the program next semester, I would advise you fill out the application Asap.

This is my second time applying for the Disney College Program, my first time was last October, though I was unsuccessful. I made it past the initial application and the web-based interview, but a few weeks after my phone interview, they gave me the bad news.

Not to fear! Because this time around, I'm more confident and prepared for this journey.

Today I applied especially for the Fall Advantage Program, which begins in Mid/Late May- Early January. The roles that I wish to secure are Merchandise, Attractions, Main Entrance Operations, Full Service Food & Beverage, Photopass Photographer, Hospitality, Vacation Planner, Character Attendant, and Concierge.

I hope to track my progress on this thread regarding my application status, and I hope the community here on WDWMagic does the same.

Good luck @Marc Gil! I'm excited to follow your journey! :)

tcool

Good luck, and
MACFioS.gif

pintraderpayee

My DD has reapplied too! She was there Spring 2012 and wants to do the CP in the Fall this time. Her phone interview is Friday morning. She is hoping for attractions, photo pass or front desk (works at Hampton Inn right now). She was in quick service before. I think HM and AA are her two favorite attractions. She is as excited this time as last! Good luck, Marc!:)

Dwarful

did you have a phone interview yet? Good luck. My niece just had her phone interview today! Good luck to everyone.

beast32

Hey all! I have applied for the program and just passed the web-based interview. I am supposed to schedule my phone interview within 24 hours! I am getting pretty anxious and nervous. Any pointers on the phone interview and types of questions I will be asked would be extremely helpful! Thank you!

beast32

Okay so the options for my phone interview are tomorrow at 11:15 a.m. and a variety of times the 23rd of this month. Is there a benefit to doing it earlier, or should I choose the 23rd so I have more time to prepare for nailing the interview?

Dwarful

my niece opted to go early in case they make selections as they go...no idea if that was the best option or not. She just had her phone interview and she felt like it went well...but she won't really know until she finds out if she gets a spot or not. I guess really whatever makes you feel more at ease. Good luck.

pintraderpayee

DD had her phone interview today! She feels pretty good about her replies, but she knows that doesn't guarantee anything. They seemed more interested in her Industrial Engineering Technology major than her all-shifts front desk experience at Hampton Inn. Not sure if that will help or harm her first choice for HM. Good luck to all who have interviews still and crossing my fingers for those who already interviewed!:)

iAJ

I had my phone interview about a week and a half ago and felt it went really well. I got the impression she seemed to like my responses and personality in general (I was positive, upbeat, spoke clearly, etc). I was informed today however that I didn't make it. I'm kind of devastated because I don't know what I did wrong, so this really caught me off guard. Does anyone know how much credentials play into it? For example, I got a bit of a late start in my adult life due to some health setbacks in my late teens/early twenties (I did not bring this up in the interview for the record). I just turned 24 and only have around a year of work experience. I will finish my associate degree this semester.

Would my relative inexperience for my age maybe have counted against me when they made selections? I did make sure to check about 10 different jobs I would do when I applied, none of which I felt I was too under-qualified to handle. My jobs have been customer service based, so I assumed that was good. Also I did apply for Disneyland not WDW, so I was thinking perhaps it's just much harder to get in there since maybe the openings are much more limited?

Also I know that not everyone who gets offered a position accepts it. Does anyone know if I'd still have a shot at being a substitute candidate for one of those people? Or would they have not sent me anything yet if so?

Last edited:

cat hem

iAJ - from what I've read Disneyland is much more competitive to get into than WDW. Sorry to hear you didn't get in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom