Need parking advice

71Corvette

Hello,

My wife and I are from Maine and will be visiting my wife's Dad in Tampa this winter. While in the area we're going to take a trip to Epcot on the Friday we're in town. We plan to leave first thing in the morning Friday so we arrive shortly after the park opens. Although we haven't booked yet we plan to stay at a WDW hotel Friday night and then head back to Tampa on Saturday.

My question is, what options are available to us for parking? Obviously we can park in Epcot, but that would require driving to the hotel after the park closes Friday night. We'd rather avoid this since we may decide to have a few drinks while in the park. Is there any way to park at the hotel we book Friday morning and then simply take the WDW transportation to Epcot?

lazyboy97o

Just go to the hotel that morning and check in. You most likely will not be given your room number, but you'll be all set to leave your car at the hotel parking lot. When you come back, stop by the front desk and get your room number.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

71Corvette

Original Poster
Sounds good. I just wasn't sure if you needed a parking pass to park at the hotel. Don't want to get towed! I guess I can check in early or just drop the car off if that's something they allow.

Upvote 0

lazyboy97o

Sounds good. I just wasn't sure if you needed a parking pass to park at the hotel. Don't want to get towed! I guess I can check in early or just drop the car off if that's something they allow.
How strictly parking at the hotels is enforced seems to vary across locations and time of year. A parking pass is given at check in and you'll be safe if you have it.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
According to security at the gate house for the resort, that pass is more for allowing you to park for free in the parks than a parking permit for the resort. Once you've checked in - have to show your id and be on the list - they now check your magic band when you re-enter the resort.

We left both our cars at our resort when we went on a Disney cruise since we took the Disney bus to the port. My car had a pass and my daughter's didn't. And both our cars were there when we got back to the resort 4 days later.

So yes, go to the resort, park your car, check in and hop on a wonderful Disney transportation bus to EPCOT. And if you decide to stay at a monorail resort, you can take the monorail to EPCOT.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Make your Disney hotel reservation a couple of days before you travel. On your arrival, the gate staff are expecting you and you'll have paperwork to leave in your car while you enjoy EPCOT. Peace of mind all round

Upvote 0

Rob562

We left both our cars at our resort when we went on a Disney cruise since we took the Disney bus to the port. My car had a pass and my daughter's didn't. And both our cars were there when we got back to the resort 4 days later.

I wouldn't trust doing that at the Contemporary or Polynesian, but pretty much any other Disney resort that'd work.

-Rob

Upvote 0

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
If you book far enough in advance they will send you your Disney Magic Bands and the guard will scan those and give you a pass when you enter. If you need more than one pass you can get that at check-in.

Upvote 0

iluvMainStMagic

Also, if your room isn't ready when you check in that morning, you can go on to the parks & they can text you when it's ready. They may be able to give you what your room # will be at check-in, but I'm not sure - you can always ask them, especially if the location matters to you.

And if you book long enough beforehand, you can check-in online. The online check-in page asks what time you expect to arrive that day, which might help with having your room ready when you get there. I have done it and my room was ready, but that could vary with how busy it will be when you are there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom