Planning Dining Comments, Suggestions?

SnarkyMonkey

Different FP, not part of the 3 selections for rides. When BOG first offered this, confused lots of people. And I've read rumors that Disney may try this at other popular lunch restaurants. Horrors.

Ok. Now I'm completely confused. (I spend a lot of time that way. lol) I know this is off topic but I can't find the thread you mentioned about this right off hand. So, why would they do a FP for BOG lunch and not just an ADR? I'm not understanding the difference.

I agree with you Snarky, it's really not that great to use a FP on. But, hey if you've never been in to check it out it may be worth it?

I have been in and, to me, it is not worth any extra effort. It's a glorified food court.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ok. Now I'm completely confused. (I spend a lot of time that way. lol) I know this is off topic but I can't find the thread you mentioned about this right off hand. So, why would they do a FP for BOG lunch and not just an ADR? I'm not understanding the difference.

I have been in and, to me, it is not worth any extra effort. It's a glorified food court.

Oh, just do a search for BOG fast pass - there are PAGES about this topic.

Good question. Why do a FP, in a separate system that is apparently limited to resort guests, for a restaurant that is QS for lunch? Why not just make BOG ADR for both lunch and dinner, with separate menus and prices? But if it becomes an ADR for lunch, could it still be QS? The situation right now is a hybrid and has angered many people, based on hundreds of posts on this board. And then the whole return ticket time, which in essence killed standby, REALLY angered even more people.

Sometimes the problem solving skills of corporate make me scratch my head in puzzlement.

SnarkyMonkey

Sure it could be a QS and require an ADR why not? It's not typical but that's ok. It could still take walk-ins of course.

I will try again to search for the threads. Thanks.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Sure it could be a QS and require an ADR why not? It's not typical but that's ok. It could still take walk-ins of course.

I will try again to search for the threads. Thanks.

Then it would be the ONLY QS to require an ADR. Either make BOG a TS for both lunch and dinner, with different menus and appropriate pricing, like Liberty Tree is, or make it a QS, without the FP for resort guests only, like every other QS on property. If people want to stand in line for 45 minutes for a table, then that's THEIR issue and let them.

When the restaurant opened, it was QS, without the FP, for lunch and TS for dinner. We waited about 30 minutes the first time we ate lunch at BOG. But that was our choice to wait.

The real issue is that Disney has several vacant restaurant locations in the Magic Kingdom which can be utilized to handle the increased number of guests visiting daily who want to eat lunch in the park.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I heard speculation a few months ago that they were considering opening it up for QS breakfast, is that likely, or was that wishful thinking?

No, no, no. TS breakfast. Because if it is QS, there will be lines equaling lunch when the restaurant first opened (I might wait 30 minutes for lunch at an in-demand restaurant the first time, but you can forget breakfast), TDC will attempt to solve the problem with a FP reservation system that works 10% of the time and don't even bother with preordering, end up controlling standby lines by eliminating them with the paper return ticket (for breakfast?!), and the pages on this board will number in the thousands complaining about breakfast at BOG.

SDisney90

Original Poster
Went over with this with Courtney BOG most likely is out of the question. She really did not enjoy her meal at all last time and doesn't want to go back for that reason. As I said my meal was great but not worth all this hassle to get in there I'll be content with Columbia Harbour House, Caseys, or Cosmic Rays. This Sunday (weather permitting) we're going to go over our selections and hopefully sneak Cali grill or Le Cellier in there;)

SnarkyMonkey

I'm a big fan of Cosmic Rays. I would prefer it to BOG, personally.

And...off topic: I thought it was confirmed that BOG was going to start serving TS breakfast, at least temporarily?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom