The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
My family and I are not helping the Frozen craze to settle down.

In August, we came home with two Frozen t-shirts, an Anna & Elsa one for me and an Olaf one for my brother; a talking, singing Olaf for my brother, and an Elsa doll for me.

In between WDW trips, we bought an Olaf blanket for my brother, an Olaf tin bank for my brother's room, Frozen pencils, and an Olaf beanie baby for me.

This trip we came home with an Elsa picture for my room and an Elsa mug for me. My dad also very nearly bought a picture of Olaf by the fireplace.

Yeah, not helping.

Nothing wrong with that. We have plenty of Frozen stuff around. My toddler's first full sentence (more than 2 words) was, "I want watch Elsa". I told her "no, not today". So she said "Win Pooh??"

StarWarsGirl

Nothing wrong with that. We have plenty of Frozen stuff around. My toddler's first full sentence (more than 2 words) was, "I want watch Elsa". I told her "no, not today". So she said "Win Pooh??"
Aww, that's so cute.:inlove:

I love princess movies. I don't care how old I am. I bet yesterday on the airplane I looked very grown up watching Beauty and the Beast while hugging a Dumbo. :joyfull:

donaldtoo

So I'm off from work tomorrow, because the Governor of the Commonwealth has shut down the entire public transit system and has also ordered all vehicles off the road (except for emergency vehicles). Yay, I get to stay home!!

From the latest weather report I just watched a few minutes ago, apparently there will be 3-4 inches of snow PER HOUR starting very early tomorrow morning when the blizzard really starts to hit. (It's been snowing lighter since this afternoon, but that will change overnight.) We're supposed to get wind gusts up to 60 mph, and with heavy, wet snow predicted at 2-3 feet over the next 30 hours, that's going to mean power outages. I hope we hang on to ours. Anyway, if I go MIA on this forum for a few days, it's because the power went out. But rest assured, I'll still be fine if that happens, because I'll be outside in the snow making a snowman! :p :hilarious:

Keep warm, stay safe, and I hope you get to enjoy some of your favorite snow fun on your day off...! :)

Goofyernmost

Hubby never wanted a girl; said he could never live with the stress of dating, boys, etc. And while he admired the relationship my dad and I had, he said he couldn't manage two women wrapping him around their little finger. FYI - my dad managed it just fine. ;)

My dad, on the other hand, wanted nothing but girls.
Instead, he got 1 daughter/3 sons, 1 grand-daughter/4 grandsons.
And while he loved everyone of them, the pecking order went: my mom, me, my niece ....
everybody else.
Having two girls was great. For some reason I felt that raising girls was easier then boys. Anyway at the birth of my second girl, my wife, in the delivery room apologized for not giving me a boy. This was coming from a Registered Nurse of all things. (of course, we do have to take into account that she was from Canada ;)) Apparently the facts of life are slightly different up there.

Anyway, after they were born every once in a while she would ask me if I was disappointed that I didn't have any sons. Heavens, I had two beautiful little girls sitting on my knees every night after work. Why would I not be happy with that. They have been a huge source of pride for me for over 41 years now. Neither one of them gave me any reason to worry, other then the normal parental protection clause that kicks in whenever they are out on their own. That doesn't seem to end no matter how old they get. I would do anything for them and they, in turn, would do the same back. I am indeed a very lucky man and I try to tell them that whenever I get the chance. I do have to be careful not to overdo it though, I do have a reputation as a grumpy old man to maintain.:grumpy:

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Having two girls was great. For some reason I felt that raising girls was easier then boys. Anyway at the birth of my second girl, my wife, in the delivery room apologized for not giving me a boy. This was coming from a Registered Nurse of all things. (of course, it do have to take into account that she was from Canada ;)) Apparently the facts of life are slightly different up there.

Anyway, after they were born every once in a while she would ask me if I was disappointed that I didn't have any sons. Heavens, I had two beautiful little girls sitting on my knees every night after work. Why would I not be happy with that. They have been a huge source of pride for me for over 41 years now. Neither one of them gave me any reason to worry, other then the normal parental protection clause that kicks in whenever they are out on their own. That doesn't seem to end no matter how old they get. I would do anything for them and they, in turn, would do the same back. I am indeed a very lucky man and I try to tell them that whenever I get the chance. I do have to be careful not to overdo it though, I do have a reputation as a grumpy old man to maintain.:grumpy:
Go figure - you're just a big old softy, after all. I knew it all along.

Hubby never wanted some boy thinking about his daughters the way he thought about me ... if you get my drift.
And me, I was just as happy not to have competition for my dad's adoration and Hubby's affection.
Call me selfish.

Goofyernmost

Hubby never wanted some boy thinking about his daughters the way he thought about me ... if you get my drift.
And me, I was just as happy not to have competition for my dad's adoration and Hubby's affection.
Call me selfish.
Well, I guess I never wanted to think that boys were thinking that, but, then again, if they weren't I wouldn't have the 4 grandkids that I have. If my memory is still working, it is that type of "thinking" that creates them. :happy:

StarWarsGirl

Today, one of my professors gave us a general knowledge test. We're all in college, so of course, most of us know nothing. I was going through the questions and thinking, "Uh...I don't know" to most of them (especially the political stuff since I'm not registered to vote and therefore don't spend a lot of time on politics). Then I got to the last question which said: "Name the seven dwarfs from Snow White."

Yup, I got that one.:joyfull:

donaldtoo

I don't know what any of the smilies mean. I'm sure I use them incorrectly sometimes.
Apparently, if you hover your mouse over them, it tells you what they mean. Doesn't work with an iPad.

Please feel free to let me know if I really use one inappropriately.

Nope, that one was just a plain old smile smilie, perfectly appropriate.
I just got a kick outta' the fact that you used one...! :D ;) :)

Goofyernmost

Call me selfish.
If I have any concern at all it is sort of a strange one. One day when I was out playing golf with my Son in Law, he made this comment... "You had better take care of yourself because I don't want to have to deal with your daughter if anything happens to you." I told him that I didn't think that I had any control over the inevitable. However, the thought that she would be that upset, did bother me.

I understand it on one level, but, that is the last thing that I would want to happen to her. I just want her to remember the great times, talks and emotional sharing that we have had over the years and not focus on the fact that it would be over at that point. I guess as long as we have memories, it is never really over. Still it bothers me. I don't want them to party at my departure, but, I don't want them to be so upset that they have a major problem dealing with it.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Today, one of my professors gave us a general knowledge test. We're all in college, so of course, most of us know nothing. I was going through the questions and thinking, "Uh...I don't know" to most of them (especially the political stuff since I'm not registered to vote and therefore don't spend a lot of time on politics). Then I got to the last question which said: "Name the seven dwarfs from Snow White."

Yup, I got that one.:joyfull:
Atta girl!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I got in at about 11:30 last night. Ended up sitting on the plane for a 40 minute delay before takeoff. My parents' flight is already delayed, so we'll see what happens.

I am so not ready to be back in school, though.

I bet. :( My DD graduated 13 months ago. She is thinking about taking her first few classes towards her masters Late Spring while they are free. :eek: I don't know, she is intense like you when it comes to grades. We shall see, I'm not sure she is over the work college was for her.

Her boss talked to her about her statistics background and asked her if she would be interested in working on some analytic analysis. Guess she is already even with or surpassing her co-workers after less than 2 months on the job. She jumped at the chance. Add a couple classes and her 2nd job. Oy.

Good luck to your folks and brother!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
If I have any concern at all it is sort of a strange one. One day when I was out playing golf with my Son in Law, he made this comment... "You had better take care of yourself because I don't want to have to deal with your daughter if anything happens to you." I told him that I didn't think that I had any control over the inevitable. However, the thought that she would be that upset, did bother me.

I understand it on one level, but, that is the last thing that I would want to happen to her. I just want her to remember the great times, talks and emotional sharing that we have had over the years and not focus on the fact that it would be over at that point. I guess as long as we have memories, it is never really over. Still it bothers me. I don't want them to party at my departure, but, I don't want them to be so upset that they have a major problem dealing with it.
That's just the way it goes though.
I had a fabulous relationship with my dad ... not a single regret, and yet his loss cuts me to the core.
Surely you know the tears are coursing down my cheeks as I type this.
It is what it is.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

You're a good Dad. :inlove:

From what you have shared over time it seems you have raised strong children. After the initial hurt and sorrow most can cope and have fond memories and that sounds like the kids you have raised and mentored. It was a kind thing though for the SIL to share what you mean to your daughter. Kudos to him. :happy:

StarWarsGirl

I bet. :( My DD graduated 13 months ago. She is thinking about taking her first few classes towards her masters Late Spring while they are free. :eek: I don't know, she is intense like you when it comes to grades. We shall see, I'm not sure she is over the work college was for her.

Her boss talked to her about her statistics background and asked her if she would be interested in working on some analytic analysis. Guess she is already even with or surpassing her co-workers after less than 2 months on the job. She jumped at the chance. Add a couple classes and her 2nd job. Oy.

Good luck to your folks and brother!
They just walked in the door. The delay ended up being about 15 minutes. My delay was 45 minutes yesterday. But since my aunt picked me up and I only had one suitcase, I ended up getting home at about the same time they did. They have five suitcases and had to go get the car. Takes a while.

I think we've just definitively proven that the cat is mine. When I came home last year, she complained even though they had been home. Yesterday, she complained (my aunt thought it was hysterical). They just walked in the door. She kind of pricked up her ears and went back to sleep. Yup. My kitty.

I was so hoping school was canceled today. The worst thing about this semester is the schedule. Just crammed. But I pretty much won't have homework in PE and Chorus, and PE is pass/fail credit, so that makes it a little better. Plus PE only lasts 8 weeks.

Congrats to your daughter. She must be very talented to be moving along and proving herself so quickly. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom