The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

Oh my word, the menfolk here must be cringing, except maybe the married ones.

Anyway, my hysterectomy was just cervix/uterus ... I got to keep my ovaries, as they were still functioning to a degree. My surgery was necessitated by a large fibroid tumour and extensive endometriosis.

Like you, Tammy had the whole works at the age of 33, just months after she and my brother got married.
Now that they're getting divorced, of course Bro is complaining that he forfeited his only chance to have children to marry her.
Just between us, I'm pretty sure that was God's plan. Not everyone should be a parent.
I'm pretty sure the man upstairs has an awesome sense of humor too. For months after my daughter was born my ex would say he really wanted a boy but got a girl. :rolleyes: Well when he knocked his little mistress up he got....another girl. :joyfull: Yep, I hope God does high fives because I got one for him.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure the man upstairs has an awesome sense of humor too. For months after my daughter was born my ex would say he really wanted a boy but got a girl. :rolleyes: Well when he knocked his little mistress up he got....another girl. :joyfull: Yep, I hope God does high fives because I got one for him.
Hubby never wanted a girl; said he could never live with the stress of dating, boys, etc. And while he admired the relationship my dad and I had, he said he couldn't manage two women wrapping him around their little finger. FYI - my dad managed it just fine. ;)

My dad, on the other hand, wanted nothing but girls.
Instead, he got 1 daughter/3 sons, 1 grand-daughter/4 grandsons.
And while he loved everyone of them, the pecking order went: my mom, me, my niece ....

everybody else.

Cesar R M

I love lasagna. :hungry:
only lasagna? ;)

also.. just seen some design images of MOANA.
Not amused. looks like "another frozen".
Disney-Talent-Search-Moana.jpg

StarWarsGirl

Hubby never wanted a girl; said he could never live with the stress of dating, boys, etc. And while he admired the relationship my dad and I had, he said he couldn't manage two women wrapping him around their little finger. FYI - my dad managed it just fine. ;)

My dad, on the other hand, wanted nothing but girls.
Instead, he got 1 daughter/3 sons, 1 grand-daughter/4 grandsons.
And while he loved everyone of them, the pecking order went: my mom, me, my niece ....

everybody else.
My dad never wanted kids. My mom wanted kids. They compromised and had me.:p Both times after my mom got pregnant, he walked around complaining that his life was over. :rolleyes: He complained about all of the stuff he wouldn't be able to do anymore, one of which was "I'll never go to Disney World again!":hilarious: I think he just couldn't picture himself as a father at first; I've had him wrapped around my little finger ever since day 1. Our relationship now is far from perfect, but he's a good dad.

My parents did not know if I was a boy or a girl. I kept my legs together. My aunt commented that I must be a very stubborn boy or a very modest girl. More like very stubborn girl:joyfull:. They found out I was a girl two days before I was born, and my mom was so set on having a boy that she didn't believe them until I came out a girl. We are glad I was a girl because I would have gotten a horrible family name, and by the time my brother came around, my mom and I said absolutely not to the family name. So they got an even split, the best of both worlds. :)

StarWarsGirl

Oh, and in case anyone was following the thread about Disney removing all of their prizes from their arcades...

So far, nothing has been done. The only arcade where I saw claw machines are completely gone is Pizza Planet, minus a claw machine that's prizes are candy. But there were other machines with prizes. All other arcades (Boardwalk, Beach Club, Space Mountain, Disney Quest, and the arcade at Fantasia Gardens) all had claw machines/other prize machine. Contemporary and Beach Club are still dispensing tickets for prize redemption (BC has a machine where you can redeem tickets for prizes). Boardwalk and AK both have their games operating as normal

However, after talking to CMs running the arcades, prizes are slated to be removed. There isn't a timeline, though. Disney might be waiting to see what happens with the cases against Chuck E. Cheeses and others before going forward. CMs also said that game cards are staying. Only games I noticed that are missing now are ones that are basically gambling. At least with the one game, I had the strategy figured out so there was one trip I ended up with 5,000 tickets, but some of them were pure gambling. So that makes sense that Disney removed them.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's bewildering just how many diets and diet rules are out there now. I had always learned that to lose weight safely, not to drop below 1,200 calories. (That's how I've done it in the past.) @MOXOMUMD is at 800, and @JenniferS is at 700!! Oh my--I'd be starving. Regardless, I'm thrilled that you both have found methods that work for you (and I'm glad that Jennifer sees a medical person who supervises her diet carefully).

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So I'm off from work tomorrow, because the Governor of the Commonwealth has shut down the entire public transit system and has also ordered all vehicles off the road (except for emergency vehicles). Yay, I get to stay home!!

From the latest weather report I just watched a few minutes ago, apparently there will be 3-4 inches of snow PER HOUR starting very early tomorrow morning when the blizzard really starts to hit. (It's been snowing lighter since this afternoon, but that will change overnight.) We're supposed to get wind gusts up to 60 mph, and with heavy, wet snow predicted at 2-3 feet over the next 30 hours, that's going to mean power outages. I hope we hang on to ours. Anyway, if I go MIA on this forum for a few days, it's because the power went out. But rest assured, I'll still be fine if that happens, because I'll be outside in the snow making a snowman! :p :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

It's bewildering just how many diets and diet rules are out there now. I had always learned that to lose weight safely, not to drop below 1,200 calories. (That's how I've done it in the past.) @MOXOMUMD is at 800, and @JenniferS is at 700!! Oh my--I'd be starving. Regardless, I'm thrilled that you both have found methods that work for you (and I'm glad that Jennifer sees a medical person who supervises her diet carefully).
I know; I'd be starving too. My "diets" usually consist of cutting out carbs and sweets.

I don't go by the number on the scale. I go by how my clothes fit. With my body type, when I exercise, I gain weight because I'm all muscle. And I weigh more than most people of my height because I'm all muscle. My doctor says I don't need to do much besides not eat too many sweets. He's right.

I do lose 10-20 pounds every time I go to Disney.

FutureCEO

So I'm off from work tomorrow, because the Governor of the Commonwealth has shut down the entire public transit system and has also ordered all vehicles off the road (except for emergency vehicles). Yay, I get to stay home!!

From the latest weather report I just watched a few minutes ago, apparently there will be 3-4 inches of snow PER HOUR starting very early tomorrow morning when the blizzard really starts to hit. (It's been snowing lighter since this afternoon, but that will change overnight.) We're supposed to get wind gusts up to 60 mph, and with heavy, wet snow predicted at 2-3 feet over the next 30 hours, that's going to mean power outages. I hope we hang on to ours. Anyway, if I go MIA on this forum for a few days, it's because the power went out. But rest assured, I'll still be fine if that happens, because I'll be outside in the snow making a snowman! :p :hilarious:

Wicked Witch of RI declared everyone to try to stay off roads at 8

FutureCEO

I know; I'd be starving too. My "diets" usually consist of cutting out carbs and sweets.

I don't go by the number on the scale. I go by how my clothes fit. With my body type, when I exercise, I gain weight because I'm all muscle. And I weigh more than most people of my height because I'm all muscle. My doctor says I don't need to do much besides not eat too many sweets. He's right.

I do lose 10-20 pounds every time I go to Disney.

I eat a lot at Disney. I try not to but I walk a lot so it evens out. And then after Disney since I'm in the habit of eating and then I lose it.

MOXOMUMD

700 right now works for me. I'm by no means a 125 lb. pixie, I'm a freaking Xena Amazon but I always have been. :D My insurance doesn't cover squat for diet/nutrition unless it's for diabetes. I don't have the extra $100+ for each doctor visit so it's the choice between seeking professional help or keeping my gas on. It's cold outside, I choose having heat.a42c5ee4eb0cf86ca53a4e255c666314.jpg

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wicked Witch of RI declared everyone to try to stay off roads at 8

In MA, it's midnight when the travel ban goes into effect. It you're caught driving after midnight, it can be a $500 fine, and in some (extreme) cases, possible jail time as well. And yes, it is enforced. There's only been a few times I recall when they had a serious ban like that during major storms, and I recall hearing news reports of people who thought they could sneak by, but were caught and heavily fined. (Oddly enough, I could drive during a ban if I wore my hospital badge; we have an emergency waiver printed on them. Law enforcement and national guard would have to wave me through. But, luckily, I'm not on the medical staff and do not serve in a critical position, so I'd never be called in for a 1-2 day weather crisis.) I don't drive in snow anyway! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom