Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

Mike S

I want the pirate skull and cross bones to replace Blackbeard on the waterfall. If you've ever seen the Blu Ray/DVD menu screen, that's what I'd like to see.
I actually just recently saw the Blu Ray and I fully agree. That skull and crossbones would be absolutely perfect.

pumpkin7

I wish they'd take all the additions since the movie came out, away, so that people would stop thinking the ride was based on the movie!

Saying that, people would probably think that anyway no matter what but it still annoys me.

I second the parrot and some sort of incarnation of the talking skull making a come back. Down with the smoke screen!

The Duck

Exactly.

What would be even cooler is if they could have the waterfall effect right in front of the drop, but I suspect that they couldn't do it while keep the drop dark.
The drop didn't seem to be as dark several years ago (70's & 80's). The original talking skull was to the left of the drop and it had a little light around it.
I distinctly remember the boat pausing for a couple of seconds and looking down and seeing the bottom of the drop (more or less like Maelstrom).

Slowjack

How about this quote I saw on a milk carton. "Contains Milk". I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Everyone is looking for a buck these days. :banghead:
Ha! I remember the (now sadly discontinued) Keebler's Wheatable crackers had a box that on the front, in big letters, read: "Wheatables -- Honey Wheat -- Made With Stone-Ground Wheat." Then on the side, in much smaller print, "WARNING: CONTAINS WHEAT." At this point, it's just a magical incantation to ward off legal trouble. Whether it even works is anyone's guess. I think if I was introducing a new product I would just try to cover all the bases with a message like: "WARNING: EVEN LOOKING AT THIS PRODUCT COULD RESULT IN FATAL INJURY. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK."

Kevin_W

Ha! I remember the (now sadly discontinued) Keebler's Wheatable crackers had a box that on the front, in big letters, read: "Wheatables -- Honey Wheat -- Made With Stone-Ground Wheat." Then on the side, in much smaller print, "WARNING: CONTAINS WHEAT." At this point, it's just a magical incantation to ward off legal trouble. Whether it even works is anyone's guess. I think if I was introducing a new product I would just try to cover all the bases with a message like: "WARNING: EVEN LOOKING AT THIS PRODUCT COULD RESULT IN FATAL INJURY. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK."

As an aside, have you been to Disneyland since Prop 65 was passed? Disneyland is known to the state fo California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.

note2001

As an aside, have you been to Disneyland since Prop 65 was passed? Disneyland is known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.
You had me curious... so I looked it up. Have you seen that list? :eek: Before anyone goes to google it, let me just preface it by saying it would be a whole lot easier on everyone if the State of California just put the following warning label out there: "Warning! Living is known to cause death."

Fable McCloud

I wish they hadn't added all the movie tie-ins...when I was a kid I had a sing-a-long video that had "Yo Ho! (A Pirate's Life for Me)" and it showed the whole ride.

It was incredible. I always dreamed of seeing the Paul Frees voiced Captain hanging off the ship, calling us all "blooming cockroaches", and while I love Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa saying the same lines, it's TOTALLY not the same.

Also the irritating re-appearing of Jack Sparrow over and over. One animatroninc would be fine, but having him pop up repeatedly was kinda annoying. And this coming from a huge fan of the films.

Slowjack

As an aside, have you been to Disneyland since Prop 65 was passed? Disneyland is known to the state fo California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.
Wow, I thought you were joking. Seems like the State of California has misunderstood two key things: 1) process and results are two separate things; and 2) the dose makes the poison.

Goofyernmost

I wish they hadn't added all the movie tie-ins...when I was a kid I had a sing-a-long video that had "Yo Ho! (A Pirate's Life for Me)" and it showed the whole ride.

It was incredible. I always dreamed of seeing the Paul Frees voiced Captain hanging off the ship, calling us all "blooming cockroaches", and while I love Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa saying the same lines, it's TOTALLY not the same.

Also the irritating re-appearing of Jack Sparrow over and over. One animatroninc would be fine, but having him pop up repeatedly was kinda annoying. And this coming from a huge fan of the films.
I don't see three times as excessive. The story follows from the mayor being dunked in the well in an effort to have him tell them where Capt. Jack was. Then further down as he hides away to the final where he has gotten to the treasure. If anything, after all these years, I think it added to the ride if for no other reason then to give today's audience something to identify it with. Even if it's the movie. There really is no harm in people thinking that the ride came from the movie... what difference does it make to the overall enjoyment of the ride. Those of us that know better, well, know better. For others, I see no harm and if nothing else it keeps it current.

Fable McCloud

I just found it distracting, but that's me. Really, my huge issue was the quietness of the sounds. I could barely hear Jack Sparrow at the end of the ride, where's he's on the throne with the gold.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
They probably shouldn't have Jack Sparrow sitting on a throne at the end anyway. Too suggestive and leaves the ride open for potty humor.

Eric1955

The entire ride needs to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch. Close it down for 2 years if need be. Make it the best Pirates version of all parks.

The Paris version is really nice. They don't even want to close the thing for a few months though. There's no way they'd close it for 2 years, and even if they were willing to put in a whole new version of Pirates they would probably ruin it by basing it on the movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom