Hilton Head DVC - Nearby Dining

flyerjab

Original Poster
My family has been vacationing at WDW every year for the past several years. We are DVC members and our home resort is the GFV. This year I proposed trying something different so we are driving down to HH to stay at the Disney reset there for four nights prior to continuing on to WDW. It looks like a beautiful location and I have read really good things about it.

Being regular visitors to WDW we are used to having lots of selections for eating. This will obviously be much different at this resort. As such, I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for places to eat. We are not familiar with Hilton Head at all and the resort has very limited choices.

Nemo14

My family has been vacationing at WDW every year for the past several years. We are DVC members and our home resort is the GFV. This year I proposed trying something different so we are driving down to HH to stay at the Disney reset there for four nights prior to continuing on to WDW. It looks like a beautiful location and I have read really good things about it.

Being regular visitors to WDW we are used to having lots of selections for eating. This will obviously be much different at this resort. As such, I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for places to eat. We are not familiar with Hilton Head at all and the resort has very limited choices.
Dining choices at the resort itself are very limited, but there are good places nearby. There's some good information here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/hilton-head-resort.872544/#post-5699865

slappy magoo

From the main building of the resort, it's like a two - TWO! - minute walk to Shelter Cove Marina, with a decent amount of restaurants.

http://www.palmettodunes.com/shelter-cove/dining-hilton-head/

And there are plenty of other eateries within a 5 minute drive. Because our kids were very young last trip, there were a few nights where we'd order takeout from the Hilton Head Diner, really good food and not-obscene prices, and eat in the Villa or on the patio.

davidpw97

The diner is good and it's pretty much the only place on the island that's 24hrs too.
There's a new place not too far from Shelter Cover that just opened beginning of this month called Poseidon and i'd highly recommend it. It's right on the water, has a great bar upstairs that's good for a night out without kids since it's 21+. They have live music on weekends and they do a country night on Wednesday with an hour of line dancing lessons and then a few hours of a live country band.
If you're going to rent bikes or have bikes with you, that's one of the more popular ways to get around on HHI. There's plenty of restaurants that are within a short walk or a nice bike ride away.

StarWarsGirl

Crazy Crab and Old Oyster Factory.

Old Oyster Factory has an unbeatable view. Try to go when it's still light out. I believe they also accept reservations. Ask about a discount since you're staying at the Disney resort. I believe they offer Disney guests a discount.

Crazy Crab has two locations. One is in Harbor Town and the other one is closer to the resort. If you go to Harbor Town, you have to pay parking, so go to the one nearer the resort. It looks like a dump, but the food is fantastic.

epcotisbest

Our favorites are the more casual places. One Hot Mama's, Hilton Head Diner, Giuseppies Pizza, Sea Shack, Crazy Crab (does not look like a dump to me, especially inside), and especially Bullies BBQ are some of our favorites. Pick up a free copy of a couple of different tourist magazines that highlight the restaurants on the island, as there are more choices than you can ever try. We also drive over to Savannah for lunch at Mrs. Wilkes, probably our all time favorite. You have to get there early, get in line by 10 or 11 a.m. And hope you get in. Cash only, about $18.00 per person, again, cash only and worth every penny.
Tide Me Over at Disney HHI quick service has decent, very casual breakfast and lunch too, as does Signals at the beach house.

Last edited:

davidpw97

There is a Sticky Fingers on the Island which is one of our favorite rib joints.

Sticky fingers on the island closed in 2009. The Smokehouse is in the spot where Sticky Fingers used to be and it also has good ribs and BBQ. There are a few Sticky Fingers in Savannah if you're in the area and craving Sticky Fingers.

DizneyPryncess

Hilton Head is my other vacation love, besides Disney! My family has been going there since I was a little girl, and now I take my little girl there. :)

Some of our family faves: Aunt Chilada's (if you like Mexican), Marley's, Old Oyster Factory, Giuseppe's, Truffles, Salty Dog Cafe (having lunch outside here is so relaxing), Flatbread Grill & Bar, among others. I would visit Harbor Town at some point, and see the lighthouse. Have lunch or dinner somewhere in there. Coligny is a great shopping plaza, especially if you need some souvenirs. There's a cupcake shop in there called Sweet Carolina Cupcakes - delicious for dessert!

Shelter Cove has a handful of restaurants too, I'm not as familiar with the names of them. We've been to a few, for outdoor eating. If you'll be there in the summer, they have Harbourfest at Shelter Cove. Live music, entertainment, etc. They have fireworks on Tuesday nights. It's a beautiful place, you will love it!

Have fun!

toolsnspools

Sticky fingers on the island closed in 2009. The Smokehouse is in the spot where Sticky Fingers used to be and it also has good ribs and BBQ. There are a few Sticky Fingers in Savannah if you're in the area and craving Sticky Fingers.
We had BBQ at The Smokehouse last year and it was excellent. I hope to go again this summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom