Where to see wishes with the new Construction walls? :(

celiacoba

Hello, I'm very sad... it will be my first time at WDW and I have seen that all the square in front of the castle is closed... even the partner's statue.

It's really very sad to see the park like that... why couldn't them just do the refurbishment part by part, instead of all the square at one time?

My question is, ¿Where can I see wishes now? There's no space for so many people!!! Also, if you satand right behind of the construction walls, you won't see anything!!

Victor Kelly

I'm sorry but "almost all the Hub is closed" is not accurate and is really over-exaggerating the extent of the walls and how much they actually intrude on your view. I've also realized that you say this is your first visit, so it's likely you don't have the proper frame of reference for what the walls actually are doing and blocking.

I did a very quick-and-dirty markup:
(Main Street is off the bottom of the photo, the Castle is at the very top center)

Screenshot2015-01-19at10_zps83a57889.jpg

Red lines are tall construction walls that are about 8 or 9 feet tall.
Yellow is the box currently around the Partners statue.
Blue is my estimate of where the new chest-high walls are based on photos posted on here.

When you're walking down Main Street toward the Hub, the walls create a wide "alley" for a short stretch, but they're on either side of you. When you're actually *in* the Hub, they are a wall *behind* you when you are looking toward the Castle.
All of the blue walls are shorter than anyone other than a child and have no bearing on your view of Wishes, they just reduce the available pavement space. (And again, they're too close to the Castle for good viewing anyway)

IMO, you're really worrying about nothing that will have any true impact on your trip.

-Rob

The walls went up around Partners and most of the hub when we were there. Does anyone know why? I can understand the blue area since that is parade fastpass area. But I thought the parade fastpass area was much larger than that area. I would love to see them install a hard barrier in that area to keep people from jumping the rope and coming into the fastpass area. We reported several rope jumpers while in the FP parade area, and they got tossed out.

Upvote 0

donsullivan

Premium Member
The walls went up around Partners and most of the hub when we were there. Does anyone know why? I can understand the blue area since that is parade fastpass area. But I thought the parade fastpass area was much larger than that area. I would love to see them install a hard barrier in that area to keep people from jumping the rope and coming into the fastpass area. We reported several rope jumpers while in the FP parade area, and they got tossed out.

When I was there on Saturday, the whole north half of the central hub was surrounded by an ~4' tall wall along with the partners statue being wrapped in plywood. That wall runs straight across in the middle of the path aligned with Adventureland and Tomorrowland with a slight bump around Partners. All of the railings and the concrete curbs the railings anchored in for the 2 planters have been removed. They have also removed the bench that surrounded the partners statue.

At a minimum I'm assuming they are replacing the railings with the new higher ones that are already showing up on the perimeter areas of the hub around the planters. Its unclear what is happening with the raised bed where partners is as of yet.

Upvote 0

Victor Kelly

When I was there on Saturday, the whole north half of the central hub was surrounded by an ~4' tall wall along with the partners statue being wrapped in plywood. That wall runs straight across in the middle of the path aligned with Adventureland and Tomorrowland with a slight bump around Partners. All of the railings and the concrete curbs the railings anchored in for the 2 planters have been removed. They have also removed the bench that surrounded the partners statue.

At a minimum I'm assuming they are replacing the railings with the new higher ones that are already showing up on the perimeter areas of the hub around the planters. Its unclear what is happening with the raised bed where partners is as of yet.

Thank you. Wasn't sure what was going on. I did notice some of the railings around the planters had been removed before our departure. I am hoping they add them back, otherwise the plant life will suffer. Gotta say, removal of the benches near statues and photo spots is a definite step in the right direction. It is impossible to get good photos when people are sitting all over the place. I would Gaston's fountain will be next for bench removal. And hopefully Disney will add more benches in all parks. AK was good, Epcot, Studios and MK need more benches.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We watched from the Rose Garden - had FP+ - and didn't have an issue with the walls. Most of the walls, as someone mentioned earlier, are now waist high. Was shocked to see the box around the Partners statue. If you can, get a FP+ to watch Celebrate the Magic and Wishes from the Rose Garden. But remember to bring a blanket to sit on, the grass will be damp from the dew.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom