Can you get a room for 5 without 5 people?

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
Hi all, I am looking to stay this June at CBR. We are a family with 1 daughter 18, and in June our son will be one month shy of 3 years. Is it possible since its only the 4 of us to get a room with the new murphy bed? Anyone know how many rooms have this now? Was hoping to sleep the 2 year old on it, since he's getting too big for a pack n play. Thanks!

Weather_Lady

Absolutely, you can. We stayed at PORS a couple of years ago as a party of 4, and requested a room in Alligator Bayou (the PORS section with Murphy beds in all of its standard rooms). They found us one easily. Just ask at check-in.

The rooms with Murphy beds are "equipped" for 5, but you by no means have to have 5 people in your party to get one. It's no different from a couple being assigned a "4-person" room with two queen/double beds.

Weather_Lady

As @Weather_Lady said, stay at the PORS. I stayed as we are a family of 4, we didn't request the fifth bed, however they gave us a room with one.

I imagine the new Murphy bed rooms at CBR will be assigned the same way as the ones at PORS -- first to families of 5, and then to whomever asks (or gets one randomly). No need to change resorts, although I certainly recommend PORS to anyone who inquires! :)

officialtom

Our upcoming reservation (Jan 22-29) is for a five-sleeper room at PORS (in the bayou), and only three of us are travelling. It was a very good price because of Play, Stay, Dine & Save.

That said, we're actually going to special request being moved to Magnolia Bend in the mansions. It's our favourite location, and we don't need 5 beds anyway.

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
Absolutely, you can. We stayed at PORS a couple of years ago as a party of 4, and requested a room in Alligator Bayou (the PORS section with Murphy beds in all of its standard rooms). They found us one easily. Just ask at check-in.

The rooms with Murphy beds are "equipped" for 5, but you by no means have to have 5 people in your party to get one. It's no different from a couple being assigned a "4-person" room with two queen/double beds.
I was thinking you didn't really have to have 5 people, but one time at PORS I tried to request Alligator Bayou section at check in and the CM said they're really meant for 5. Hopefully it was just this CM.

dreamfinder

I was thinking you didn't really have to have 5 people, but one time at PORS I tried to request Alligator Bayou section at check in and the CM said they're really meant for 5. Hopefully it was just this CM.

It's kind of like a party of two showing up at a restaurant and asking for a booth that seats 6. The host/hostess (Front Desk CM) will do their best to accommodate you, but if someone specifically booked that booth (room type) then you may be out of luck.

If I recall correctly, the front desk doesn't have any control over what room you are assigned. When you ask, they call the room assigner who checks to see what is available, and they would try to move you over if possible. At least that is what happened when we have asked for a different location.

daisyduckie

It wasn't just that CM. Unless I had the exact same one a couple of years ago. I wanted a room in the bayou section of POR and was told they were almost all booked up, and the remaining few were being held for families of 5.

it never hurts to ask for what you want. Just don't get so attached to the idea of getting it that if you don't, it ruins your trip. Maybe pack an air bed along, just in case.

Nick Pappagiorgio

This might be an ethically grey area, but you could add "Uncle Larry" to your reservation to ensure that you get one of the big rooms, and then not buy tickets for this "person". I have done this in the past on solo trips so that I could have a spare magic band without tickets or charging privileges.

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
It wasn't just that CM. Unless I had the exact same one a couple of years ago. I wanted a room in the bayou section of POR and was told they were almost all booked up, and the remaining few were being held for families of 5.

it never hurts to ask for what you want. Just don't get so attached to the idea of getting it that if you don't, it ruins your trip. Maybe pack an air bed along, just in case.
If we can't get a room like this we will just sleep Dad and son in one bed, and mom and daughter in the other. It would be nice to get though.

daisyduckie

This might be an ethically grey area, but you could add "Uncle Larry" to your reservation to ensure that you get one of the big rooms, and then not buy tickets for this "person". I have done this in the past on solo trips so that I could have a spare magic band without tickets or charging privileges.

If they did that they would then be charged the additional adult fee.

EpcotCenter82

If you book a preferred room at Port Orleans Riverside that will guarantee a room with the extra bed as all of the preferred rooms are in Alligator Bayou.

jloucks

That is what they told us. ...because it is obviously true. I pleaded the case we were visiting in an off-season time (if there even is such a thing) and that my daughter had nightmares about what her brother does in his bed without her sleeping right next to him.

...we got the room.

SnarkyMonkey

If you book a preferred room at Port Orleans Riverside that will guarantee a room with the extra bed as all of the preferred rooms are in Alligator Bayou.

This is what I was going to suggest. That way you don't have to worry about it when you get there.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe you can get bed rails as well as pack and plays. That might be an option if you just wanted a normal room in a different resort.

Dwarful

The one thing I didn't not like about our room with the murphy bed was the lack of storage. I don't like to live out of suitcases on vacation and we did not have enough drawer space even after I asked for extra hangers. It's a snug fit for five if the kids are tweens or teens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom