Splashtacular

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I was just watching Splashtacular and was wondering how did they redirect guest traffic if they were entering the park while the show was going on? I have read it was pretty bad for guest flow as it stopped at the central hub but did they redirect guests through Communicore to get to Future world East/West?

If you've not seen this show it was based on a show from TDL called "It's Magical: Tokyo Disneyland 10th Anniversary Spectacular" think of this more as a precursor to Fantasmic! And you get to see the infamous robotic TerrorsauX Dino bot when it was stationed close to Club Cool...Enjoy!

kap91

I was so young when I saw this (repeatedly, it was my favorite show) but as far as I recall they just let guests continue walking like normal the same way they do now when there's a performance on that stage.

Edit:

Watched it and

1. Wow I do not remember it being that epic

2. Niether do I remember the audience configuration being like that...I see what you're talking about. Either it was different for the broadcast or my five year old brain was more excited by Rexy (I miss him).

3. Fun anecdote. When I saw magical at Disneyland a few years ago I had a huge déjà vu/emotional moment when I heard the theme and it wasn't until quite a bit later I realized this was why.

Very cool find.

Edit 2: I just realized I was actually 3 when this was going on. It's amazing I remember anything at all ----but that being said probably means it was always like that.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One of the reasons the show was cancelled (so quickly) was guest flow. It was Communicore or nothing. Even with CCores superior layout the plaza area behind Earthstation to the breezeways was jammed during showtime too.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Thanks for posting @Cmdr_Crimson - a bit of almost forgotten history!

One of the reasons the show was cancelled (so quickly) was guest flow. It was Communicore or nothing. Even with CCores superior layout the plaza area behind Earthstation to the breezeways was jammed during showtime too.

How long did it run? I was in EPCOT a lot 93/94 and I think I saw the show once, maybe twice. I also feel like it was more of a 1994 entertainment offering, but that video says 1993 and I'm at an age where memory muddles things up a lot.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster

SnarkyMonkey

I don't remember this show and I don't think I actually saw it in person, as it was only there 7 months, although I could be wrong. But I swear I remember watching another show with the Fab 5 in Future World and it may even involved the fountain. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks for the video. I enjoyed watching it.

bingie

The robotic TerrorsauX Dino bot was backstage MK in the central shops area for a long time... now its gone.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Skylidascope 1985 or Surprise in the Skies 1991-2

I have learned a crap ton of official names from you. I have to admit, I always used to think of stuff like this as "random crap you'll see whilst walking around WDW". Even if the show was bad or super cheesy, it always made me feel like they really were concerned with whether or not I was entertained.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom