Where to see wishes with the new Construction walls? :(

celiacoba

Hello, I'm very sad... it will be my first time at WDW and I have seen that all the square in front of the castle is closed... even the partner's statue.

It's really very sad to see the park like that... why couldn't them just do the refurbishment part by part, instead of all the square at one time?

My question is, ¿Where can I see wishes now? There's no space for so many people!!! Also, if you satand right behind of the construction walls, you won't see anything!!

Rob562

Hello, I'm very sad... it will be my first time at WDW and I have seen that all the square in front of the castle is closed... even the partner's statue.

It's really very sad to see the park like that... why couldn't them just do the refurbishment part by part, instead of all the square at one time?

My question is, ¿Where can I see wishes now? There's no space for so many people!!! Also, if you satand right behind of the construction walls, you won't see anything!!

They have been doing construction in only one part of the Hub for quite a while. A few new walls have appeared (the ones posted this past week) as they prepare to open the new areas and move work to other parts of the Hub.

At the moment, the new walls nearest the Castle appear to be about waist high. The only thing that's a high wall around there is the box around the Partners statue to protect it.

The walls that have been up for a while do not block anything if you're standing on Main Street or in the Hub itself. The only places where the walls block views would be if you're standing in the walkway between Casey's and Crystal Palace or near the Plaza Restaurant and the (currently closed) bathrooms next door.

If you're standing *on* Main Street near where the tip board used to be, you'd have walls at the back edges of the sidewalks on either side of you.

The Hub will not be 100% wall-free for many months.

Edit to add: Also meant to mention that (in my opinion) the new walls are in areas that are too close to the Castle for proper enjoyment of Wishes so it's a moot point...

-Rob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

celiacoba

Original Poster
thank you very much. :)

if you say that there are new walls because they plan to open a new area, when will this happen? Because nowadays almost all the hub is closed...

i will be there the first week of february. Will a new area be opened then?

also, i am from spain, so i dont thing i can come back, as this will be the trip of my life and its so expensive.

so for me, this situation is very sad as i planed on getting a picture wirh my boufriend in front of the castñe with the partners statue..

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

if you say that there are new walls because they plan to open a new area, when will this happen? Because nowadays almost all the hub is closed...

also, i am from spain, so i dont thing i can come back, as this will be the trip of my life and its so expensive.

so for me, this situation is very sad as i planed on getting a picture wirh my boufriend in front of the castñe with the partners statue..
If it's a trip of a lifetime maybe you should reschedule and go when the hub is completed,

Upvote 0

celiacoba

Original Poster
I can't cancel my trip, i booked my plane tickets 6 months ago or more, and cancellation is not allowed, i also have booked my hotel and everything!

And thanks, I woult try to look for the best place to see them with the walls.. and what about "ceñebrate the magic? Is it also easy to see with the walls?

And, another cuestion, ¿Is Cinderella's wishing well opened? Or is it closed due to the construction walls too? Thanks!

Upvote 0

Rob562

I'm sorry but "almost all the Hub is closed" is not accurate and is really over-exaggerating the extent of the walls and how much they actually intrude on your view. I've also realized that you say this is your first visit, so it's likely you don't have the proper frame of reference for what the walls actually are doing and blocking.

I did a very quick-and-dirty markup:
(Main Street is off the bottom of the photo, the Castle is at the very top center)

Screenshot2015-01-19at10_zps83a57889.jpg

Red lines are tall construction walls that are about 8 or 9 feet tall.
Yellow is the box currently around the Partners statue.
Blue is my estimate of where the new chest-high walls are based on photos posted on here.

When you're walking down Main Street toward the Hub, the walls create a wide "alley" for a short stretch, but they're on either side of you. When you're actually *in* the Hub, they are a wall *behind* you when you are looking toward the Castle.
All of the blue walls are shorter than anyone other than a child and have no bearing on your view of Wishes, they just reduce the available pavement space. (And again, they're too close to the Castle for good viewing anyway)

IMO, you're really worrying about nothing that will have any true impact on your trip.

-Rob

Upvote 0

celiacoba

Original Poster
Ok, thank you very much for your explanation!!! In the pictures it seemdes like if it were almost all the hub...
But with your picture, everything it's clear! :)

The only thing i'm worry about now, it's the partner's statue, because I really was looking forward to take a picture there with my boyfriend, but it's a thing i will have to deal with, :p

Upvote 0

jambisket

I'm sorry but "almost all the Hub is closed" is not accurate and is really over-exaggerating the extent of the walls and how much they actually intrude on your view. I've also realized that you say this is your first visit, so it's likely you don't have the proper frame of reference for what the walls actually are doing and blocking.

I did a very quick-and-dirty markup:
(Main Street is off the bottom of the photo, the Castle is at the very top center)

Screenshot2015-01-19at10_zps83a57889.jpg

Red lines are tall construction walls that are about 8 or 9 feet tall.
Yellow is the box currently around the Partners statue.
Blue is my estimate of where the new chest-high walls are based on photos posted on here.

When you're walking down Main Street toward the Hub, the walls create a wide "alley" for a short stretch, but they're on either side of you. When you're actually *in* the Hub, they are a wall *behind* you when you are looking toward the Castle.
All of the blue walls are shorter than anyone other than a child and have no bearing on your view of Wishes, they just reduce the available pavement space. (And again, they're too close to the Castle for good viewing anyway)

IMO, you're really worrying about nothing that will have any true impact on your trip.

-Rob
Great post!!!

Upvote 0

jambisket

Ive also heard fireworks can be seen from Polynesian Resort. I would love to eat at O'Hanas and then go outside and see the fireworks from their beach:)

Upvote 0

celiacoba

Original Poster
yeah, i know that, but the beach is under refurbishments, isnt it? Can i still see the fireworks from another beach in that hotel? I have a reservation at ohana and it would be wonderful!

Upvote 0

BrerJon

Watch the fireworks from Fantasyland, with Beast's Castle as the backdrop instead of Cinderella's - trust me, it's waaay more impressive and there's no crowds to block the view. All above and all around you fireworks are going off, instead of just in front. After trying it for the first time on my most recent trip I can't ever imagine not watching Wishes from there again.

The only thing being in Fantasyland doesn't give is a view of the projection show, but there's a five minute break between shows so if you situate yourself on one side of the castle to watch that you can still get round to Fantasyland in time for Wishes, or even better watch them on separate nights.

Upvote 0

iluvMainStMagic

It wouldn't be quite the same, and the castle wouldn't be in the background, but I think the statue of Roy Disney & Minnie Mouse seated on a park bench is not walled off. If it would be an acceptable second choice, maybe you could take the picture of you and your boyfriend with them??

Upvote 0

donsullivan

Premium Member
I watched/photographed Wishes from the middle of Main Street (across from Center St) on Saturday and while snug it was not nearly as packed as it can get up in the hub. You can see all of the show quite well from here with no visible signs of any of the hub construction. It also doesn't feel quite so packed in. The closer you get to the castle, the more congested it gets.

D81_0347.jpg

(apologies for sloppy/dark photo but I just wanted to get a quick example of what the show looks like from there and didn't have time to edit the photo)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrianV

How is the view from the tomorrowland terrace, would you think? We have dessert party reservations. But if there is a 9 foot fence, it might not be so good. We've liked it in the past many years ago, before the construction.

Upvote 0

donsullivan

Premium Member
How is the view from the tomorrowland terrace, would you think? We have dessert party reservations. But if there is a 9 foot fence, it might not be so good. We've liked it in the past many years ago, before the construction.

That all depends on when you're going to the dessert party. Most all of the construction walls on the south side of the hub are expected to be gone by late February when the FastPass gardens are scheduled to open for guests. Regardless, construction walls will not block the fireworks at all from that location. You just have a lot of construction along the ground in front of you but no obstruction of the fireworks.

Upvote 0

BrianV

That all depends on when you're going to the dessert party. Most all of the construction walls on the south side of the hub are expected to be gone by late February when the FastPass gardens are scheduled to open for guests. Regardless, construction walls will not block the fireworks at all from that location. You just have a lot of construction along the ground in front of you but no obstruction of the fireworks.

Awesome, thank you. We are going the end of March. It will be high season, so I will appreciate a location to relax and eat and watch the fireworks!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom