Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

TP2000

News from Micechat.com tonight. Is it me, or are they being kind of cryptic with this note?...

Editor’s Note: January 26, 2015: Walt for Disneyland’s 60th –
The 60th Anniversary media party and announcement is Wednesday night, even if TDA suits are still under strict orders to not talk about it and pretend it's only a Frozen Fun media event. Walt Disney will be used very purposely for the Diamond Celebration, in a way that will even surpass his use for the 50th Anniversary. Much will be revealed on Wednesday!

TP2000

Hey @raven24, you started a brilliant thread here nine months ago as we all wondered what the 60th will bring. But do you think we should get ready to put this one to bed and start a new thread, perhaps on Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning? The new thread would prepare for Wednesday evening and the 60th Anniversary news that will move us from the rumor and speculation category into the planning and reality category.

Whaddya think?

jrhwdw

News from Micechat.com tonight. Is it me, or are they being kind of cryptic with this note?...

The 60th Anniversary media party and announcement is Wednesday night, even if TDA suits are still under strict orders to not talk about it and pretend it's only a Frozen Fun media event. Walt Disney will be used very purposely for the Diamond Celebration, in a way that will even surpass his use for the 50th Anniversary. Much will be revealed on Wednesday!
WELL!!! :) That's a great start to this week! Can't wait for Wednesday!

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Hey @raven24, you started a brilliant thread here nine months ago as we all wondered what the 60th will bring. But do you think we should get ready to put this one to bed and start a new thread, perhaps on Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning? The new thread would prepare for Wednesday evening and the 60th Anniversary news that will move us from the rumor and speculation category into the planning and reality category.

Whaddya think?

TP, I think that's a great idea. Shall you do the honors, or shall I?

Sage of Time

How can you use Walt more than you already do?!

WHATEVER. HYPED. EXCITED. BRING IT ON.

Travel Junkie

Interesting side note. One of the rumored start dates for the 60th to begin is May 15th. Knott’s has announced that their new attraction Voyage to the Iron Reef opens on May 15th.

sponono88

Big screen is up in Town Square for the announcement ceremony this week (photo by @SoCalThemePK360 on Twitter)

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-26%20at%2010.10.46%20AM.png

jrhwdw

Big screen is up in Town Square for the announcement ceremony this week (photo by @SoCalThemePK360 on Twitter)

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-26%20at%2010.10.46%20AM.png
Well, in case any DL Day guests were wondering why DL closes at 6 on Wednesday, there's your answer! I am shocked it's up already. I would think DL would want to hide their after hours party from Day guests who can't go, as much as possible. That screen in town square is just going to get the day guests curious.

Figments Friend

True, but it is also a nice little subliminal promotion for the upcoming Celebration.

I think fans will be thrilled with what they have up their sleeve.
They will keep their word regarding the retro and nostalgic angle..wait n* see.

Looking forward to the official unveiling.
The Innoventions addition sounds very promising.
:)

jrhwdw

True, but it is also a nice little subliminal promotion for the upcoming Celebration.

I think fans will be thrilled with what they have up their sleeve.
They will keep their word regarding the retro and nostalgic angle..wait n* see.

Looking forward to the official unveiling.
The Innoventions addition sounds very promising.
:)
^True, never thought of that.

TP2000

Well, in case any DL Day guests were wondering why DL closes at 6 on Wednesday, there's your answer! I am shocked it's up already. I would think DL would want to hide their after hours party from Day guests who can't go, as much as possible. That screen in town square is just going to get the day guests curious.

Eh, they are opening both parks an hour early that day, and then keeping DCA open until 10PM that night. So overall there is just one hour less for Disneyland's operation, and three hours more for DCA's that day. It's an overall win for the guests on what is otherwise one of the slowest attendance weekdays of the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom