Disneyland's Fantasyland Themeing

MerlinTheGoat

At least some improvements have been made in recent years. Though there's still a long way to go. Particularly Peter Pan's facade as well as Small World (the latter of which would be a challenge to fix due to the proximity in which it was built to Peter Pan). They did redo Pooh's facade not too long ago, and Peter Pan just got some new queue enhancements. Perhaps (hopefully) there are more improvements planned in the near future.

Disneyland Paris' Fantasyland is also gorgeous btw.

lazyboy97o

As a ghost town? Even during the Holiday season DCA 1.0 was void of people.
Yes, like with Walt Disney World and guest spending Disney was convinced it was external factors that were causing the problems at Disney's California Adventure. The city, who invested in the Resort District, pressured Disney to actually do something significant. Disney still thinks people come for the known brands and franchises. This view probably will head back to how it was given that it has been so well reinforced by the success of Cars Land and the various Frozen offerings.

SnarkyMonkey

Disneyland Paris' Fantasyland is also gorgeous btw.

Yes. Yes it is. Check it out:

fantasyland__disneyland_paris_by_azerinn.jpg

imagineer boy

Disneyland's FL is FAR better than WDW's in terms of theming and appearance. And DLP's pretty much curb stomps it. I really do think WDW could benefit from a refurb similar to DL's 86 facelift. Though the new fantasyland expansion is a start.

Monkee Girl

Loved seeing the before and afters. The only change I didn't like was the taking away of Skull Rock. That place looked AMAZING! I wish we could have something like that in FL. It's like something out of The Goonies. And Peter would have fun Meet and Greeting there. I want it! lol

Little Green Men

I do think that the tents in WDW are less offensive than DL's old tent look- those were very ugly IMHO. The tents are really only on Peter Pan, It's a Small World, Phillarmagic, and Princess Fairy Tale Hall now.

Bing Bong

See my problem with Florida's Fantasyland now is that when you walk through old Fantasyland it looks like a parking lot. Fantasyland used to have planters and a fountain or two back around when the Skyway was still operational. Now there is just a bunch of concrete and it feels really barren (not unlike the hub).

Magenta Panther

Captain Hook's Galley looked so amazing...wouldn't it be cool if we could have something like that in Adventureland...only instead of Hook's ship, we'd get The Black Pearl? An eatery that's a haunted ship...man, that would be amazeballs...

SnarkyMonkey

Loved seeing the before and afters. The only change I didn't like was the taking away of Skull Rock. That place looked AMAZING! I wish we could have something like that in FL. It's like something out of The Goonies. And Peter would have fun Meet and Greeting there. I want it! lol

Yes! That's what it looked like. I couldn't place it but it is very Goonies-esque.

This is a random question. But what is the purpose of the wall built between old and new fantasyland?

What wall?

lazyboy97o

It's very intricately designed, and sorta pointless.
As stated by @Eric1955, it is part of the initial Fantasy Forest storyline that sort of dropped off when the project became New Fantasyland. The idea was that the expansion was a forest located outside of Cinderella Castle's walls, and that forest would have also covered the Mickey's ToonTown Fair / Storybook Circus area, which was to be Pixie Hollow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom