Just Booked!!! May 9th -17th What to book for dinner?

vigliottec

So I just booked a trip from May 9th to 17th and i made all my reservations for dinner except one.

Saturday the 16th, what should i reserve for dinner that day?

belledream

I see. Well I guess it would help if you listed your current ADRs so we can get an idea of your taste, as well as some kind of hint of what you're looking to do that day, whether it be what park (so we can include surrounding resort restaurants) or Downtown Disney (lots of new options will be open around that time period!)

Upvote 0

belledream

Good choices! Been to all (though I was like 7 when I went to Hoop-Dee-Doo). BOG & 50's are two of my favorites.

Teppan Edo is good, but I prefer Tokyo Dining if I want Japanese food - more authentic and an overall unique experience.

Yak & Yeti exceeded my expectations, but Tusker House lunch is my #1 in AK! It's good for an in park eat though.

My suggestions from my recent trip...Boma for dinner! Such a beautiful resort and the selection was superb. Coral Reef...unbeatable ambience. Or Garden Grill - seriously had so much fun and the food was actually really tasty.

Upvote 0

vigliottec

Original Poster
so i was thinking of changing yakyeti to sanaa, as i have been to yak and yeti for lunch before. but maybe Boma is the way to go

Your the second person to recommend Coral Reef... i might have to go there

Last edited:
Upvote 0

belledream

Would most definitely pick any of AKL's restaurants over Yak & Yeti if you had the time to get there instead of staying in park!

Coral Reef isn't really a culinary showcase, but I've never had a bad meal there and the Chocolate Wave for dessert is delectable.

Edit: As an FYI, Boma is only open for breakfast & dinner. I've heard that Sanaa is better at lunch than dinner because it's brighter outside so you can see more animals.

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

From your list...50's is good and Be Our Guest is amazing. I had the chicken. Last May, we went to 1900 Park Fare dinner. It's a buffet in the Grand Floridian with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters. They are hilarious! I proposed (with a ring pop) to both of them, but Drizella let Anastasia have me :) They are a ton of fun. We didn't even have kids with us and it was our favorite dinner. AND the food was actually yummy. Highly reccommend it

Upvote 0

belledream

ok i dropped yak and yeti for boma. Any suggestions for a first timer? its my girlfriends first time.
Try a little bit of all the soups! Tasty and fun! Favorite entrees were bobotie, pork ribs, and the salmon. And for dessert, Zebra Domes...one of the most amazing things I've had at WDW.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
ANY restaurant at the Grand Floridian. If you don't want to try Signature Dining (Victoria & Albert's, Citrico's, Narcoossee's), both 1900 Park Fare and the Grand Floridian Café are excellent and reasonable (for Disney). Plus, you get the extra perk of character dining at Park Fare.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom