The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have the dubious honor of playing the game since 1977 and I play the same now as I did then. I started out awful and have stubbornly remain that way. It is frustrating, you would think that after all these years I would have at least improved by accident. :(

That is around the same time I started playing. I'm from the camp golf is A Good Walk Wasted.

My DH and I did play together but it is so much a game of pace out on a course. When 3 of the 4-some was done, I'd pick my ball up and move on with the rest.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Cabbage Rolls? If that is what those are they are very low in calorie. Usually 100-150 calories
I am on a zero starch diet. For $150/week, I'm not going to stray from plan.
Also, no ground meat is allowed either.

I could, however, eat the cabbage and some sauce.

And yes, I know I can lose weight without joining a clinic, but the beauty of Dr. Bernstein is that it's quick and effective - 15-20 lbs/month. Results ARE typical.

I've got approx. 7-8 weeks before going back to work. Being down 25+ lbs would mean not having to buy a whole new work wardrobe.

Gabe1

I tried doing lessons, my instructor told me that the only way I could improve my score would be to cheat. Too many years of playing hockey I guess. I kept trying to do slap shots...

It really is a matter of finding the right teacher. Kids just learn easier. I use to golf as a Kid in Florida and was pretty good. Stopped playing for many years and by college I thought about it too much. It was all over.

I insisted my DD learn because it is a business world social thing and many outings. She can hold her own nothing more but that is all I really wanted. Her clubs hand downstairs next to mine from the rafters.

donaldtoo

We have snow golf here. :facepalm: There is a place near my Moms that the Boys love. It is called top Golf. It is a very high end outdoor driving range that is open year round. It is a two story heated outdoor facility.
topgolf.jpg

images
873_topgolf_alpharetta-201.jpg

Food is pretty good too.
o.jpg

for @donaldtoo Devils cut brisket chili as is the steak sandwich. I don't even try and golf anymore. The boys like golf, it was a mandatory skill my DD was required to learn, so says I. I sent her to day Golf camp but she doesn't like it. DH taught the ManChild.

o.jpg

We have a TopGolf here, right down the road from the men's clothing store outdoor mall location.
We had a Half-day Friday office play day there last spring. It was the weekend of oldest DD's wedding, so I didn't attend, but, I hear it's a fun time. :)

Gabe1

I am on a zero starch diet. For $150/week, I'm not going to stray from plan.
Also, no ground meat is allowed either.

I could, however, eat the cabbage and some sauce.

And yes, I know I can lose weight without joining a clinic, but the beauty of Dr. Bernstein is that it's quick and effective - 15-20 lbs/month. Results ARE typical.

I've got approx. 7-8 weeks before going back to work. Being down 25+ lbs would mean not having to buy a whole new work wardrobe.

I get that. I don't eat a lot of carbs but I do have some daily, we have a pancreas thing in my family and there is nothing worse for that than to mess with that organs job. I eat lots of veggies, love them and meat but as I age I can't eat that much meat either at one sitting. I did at Thanksgiving and had a glorious time but payed for that later. lol. What do you get for $150 a week?

I remember Dr. Bernstein from when my kids were small.
61cZJfAlhQL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Gabe1

We have a TopGolf here, right down the road from the men's clothing store outdoor mall location.
We had a Half-day Friday office play day there last spring. It was the weekend of oldest DD's wedding, so I didn't attend, but, I hear it's a fun time. :)

Everyone always has a great time but boy are they expensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom