A question about visiting hotels

mergatroid

Original Poster
Ok so my dad is thinking about going to the Contemporary for a meal but wondered about having to pay for parking? He's not going into the MK but obviously has to drive through the MK parking turnstiles to get to the Contemporary. Will he have to pay for MK parking even though he's not using it or is there some method Disney have of circumnavigating this for hotel visitors?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Have him use one of the parking toll booths on the far right side. He can tell the CM he is going to eat at the Contemporary and he will not have to pay the parking fee. Then he can simply drive straight ahead towards the resort and not into the MK lot.

A caveat: He should get an ADR if possible. The guards at the Contemporary are pretty strict about allowing folks without ADRs to park in the lot, especially during peak times of the year.

CAPTAIN HOOK

You should be able to use their parking facility for a couple of hours to enjoy your meal without having to pay. Just ensure that if he decides to visit MK afterwards he moves the car to the TTC car park (resort guests don't pay with valid resort ID) or he faces the possibility of being towed

mergatroid

Original Poster
Have him use one of the parking toll booths on the far right side. He can tell the CM he is going to eat at the Contemporary and he will not have to pay the parking fee. Then he can simply drive straight ahead towards the resort and not into the MK lot.

A caveat: He should get an ADR if possible. The guards at the Contemporary are pretty strict about allowing folks without ADRs to park in the lot, especially during peak times of the year.

Ok thanks for that. He was planning on just turning up without a reservation one afternoon really. I didn't think this would be an issue as my wife and I go to the Contemporary to use the marina and have never had a problem parking there without any reservations. In fact I get free valet parking there as I have a disabled parking badge.

You should be able to use their parking facility for a couple of hours to enjoy your meal without having to pay. Just ensure that if he decides to visit MK afterwards he moves the car to the TTC car park (resort guests don't pay with valid resort ID) or he faces the possibility of being towed

Again thanks. He has no interest in visiting the parks unfortunately but thanks anyway.

Epcot-Rules

Ok so my dad is thinking about going to the Contemporary for a meal but wondered about having to pay for parking? He's not going into the MK but obviously has to drive through the MK parking turnstiles to get to the Contemporary. Will he have to pay for MK parking even though he's not using it or is there some method Disney have of circumnavigating this for hotel visitors?
I hope he's going to the Cali Grill? If not, tell him to just stay home!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom