The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That's simple! It's because the general public let them, instead of thinking for themselves. Has anyone besides me ever wondered where the fashion police obtained this superior ability to determine what is acceptable and what isn't? Who gave them that power. I guess it's the society of sheep that so many of us have become. I feel so free since age has allowed me to wander away from the flock. With any luck I will never find my way home.

I think this means that you must be the Black sheep in the herd . . . ;) :hilarious:

donaldtoo

Schlitterbahn!! That's a dream of mine to go there. Last year, I was watching a show on water parks on the Travel Channel, and Schlitterbahn was one of the top in the country, they said. I wish that park was part of WDW. I mean, I've been to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, but I think Schlitterbahn blows both of them away! :D

There are actually 5 Schlitterbahn waterparks now. The original (and the one that's mostly featured on the Travel Channel shows) in New Braunfels, Texas, and one each in South Padre Island, Texas, Corpus Christi, Galveston Island, and Kansas City.
I've only ever been to the original. It's divided into the original west section and the newer east section, both situated along the Comal River. Depending on traffic, it's only about a 5-10 min. bus/shuttle ride between the two.
And yes, it is indeed a BLAST!!!!!!! :joyfull: :)

FutureCEO

If I'm seeing the numbers correctly on that image, I think it's saying 24-36 inches??!!! :jawdrop: :joyfull:

The-Blizzard-of-78.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
There are actually 5 Schlitterbahn waterparks now. The original (and the one that's mostly featured on the Travel Channel shows) in New Braunfels, Texas, and one each in South Padre Island, Texas, Corpus Christi, Galveston Island, and Kansas City.
I've only ever been to the original. It's divided into the original west section and the newer east section, both situated along the Comal River. Depending on traffic, it's only about a 5-10 min. bus/shuttle ride between the two.
And yes, it is indeed a BLAST!!!!!!! :joyfull: :)
Plus, it's so fun to say "Schlitterbahn".

FutureCEO

This was on NBC ...calling it a historic storm and I have to laugh (at least for me). I was in college in Newport one year for a storm and it was amazing. Newport never gets that much snow. This was like 2004 - 2005. During the Blizzard of '78, Providence received 29 inches of snow. Apparently, the record for Providence is 37.5 but I could be wrong.

B8MMkUyCMAA_Z7k.png

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
All my stuff goes in my cargo shorts. I like keepin' my stuff on me.
Plus, that way, if anything gets lost or messed up, I only have myself to blame. ;) :)
Plus, you don't have to carry the wife's purse when she complains it's too heavy because of all your carp.

Hubby has been known to reluctantly carry my purse occasionally - and if you know me at all, I have the girliest of girly purses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom