Planning Dining Comments, Suggestions?

SDisney90

Original Poster
Let me start off with I will not be visiting the world until January 7th 2016. I'm so excited to go I could not wait to get a rough idea of what my girlfriend (Courtney) and I will be doing, where we are going and of course our dining selections.

We will be staying from the 7th-15th and going to the parks for 6 days..Here is the rough draft of our selections please feel free to give any comments or suggestions to what we have decided as of yet.

*No days are in order just a rough draft..

Arrival: QS: Earl of Sandwich
TS: Grand Floridian Cafe; been here 2 years in a row and we love it. This place is a must do
in our books and will continue to go (we are only using 1 DDP credit here)

AK: QS: Flame Tree BBQ for myself and Pizzafari for my girlfriend.
TS: Ohanas

MK part 1: QS:
Be our guest or Columbia Harbour House
TS: Kona Cafe..This is where it gets complicated for me and not so much my girlfriend. Yes, we
are the crazies that stay in the parks open to close but here is my issue..I've never left a park
to go get dinner and I'm honestly not too crazy on the idea. I'd love to stay in the parks to dine
but, MK only has 1 restaurant I enjoy immensely (coming later) Does anyone else have this problem?
We have dined at Tony's Town Square twice now, I do like it but would like to do something
different this time around...any suggestions for dining or help me get over this silly situation?

HS part 1: QS: Back lot express (up for any suggestions)
TS: 50's Prime Time (must do for Courtney I also enjoy my time/meal here

Off Day: QS: AoA food court or Captain Cooks (all suggestions welcome)
TS: Whispering Canyon Cafe (Courtney has great memories here from when she was a child and would love to go back to ask for some more KETCHUP)

Epcot: QS: Sunshine Seasons of course!!
TS: Garden Grill (love this meal simple and delicious)

HS part 2: QS: Back lot express (again up for all and any suggestions)
TS: Mama Melrose (had a wonderful dinner here in 2014, excited to go back)

MK part 2: QS: Caseys Corner or Cosmic Rays
TS: Liberty Tree Tavern (as long as the menu is the same after refurb or whatever is going on there. We both really enjoyed this meal and would be our 3rd time going back.)

Depart day:(: QS: Wolfgang Puck Express
TS: This is up in the air..we have no plans this day yet and have plenty of time to decide. We will not have any park tickets so we would have to dine somewhere in DTD or in the resorts. Flight potentially departing at 6PM so we would most likely have to have a lunch table service.

Thank you for taking the time and looking at our plans please, all suggestions are welcome. In the end after typing this all out the biggest problem I have is our MK part 1. I'd really love to stay in Mk for dinner but can't seem to pick a different restaurant other than LTT. Maybe it's time that I do leave the park and head somewhere else to go dine after all, dining outside of the parks are the best, right?

Also our final day, we will have 1 credit left to use for a TS all recommendations welcome!

materbuddy

I have to say your dining choices are great. I think you are ok with leaving the park for dinner. If you have park hopper option on your tickets then you can always go back. If you want to stay I would try the plaza restaurant. They have good comfort food. I have gone to Be Our Guest for Lunch and it wasn't great. I love it for dinner, but the lunch was just so so. Love backlot express, everything is so good. We also like the ABC commissary. It has different choices especially the salads. In DTD we love Raglan Road and Rainforest cafe. Hope this helps.

[

SDisney90

Original Poster
I have to say your dining choices are great. I think you are ok with leaving the park for dinner. If you have park hopper option on your tickets then you can always go back. If you want to stay I would try the plaza restaurant. They have good comfort food. I have gone to Be Our Guest for Lunch and it wasn't great. I love it for dinner, but the lunch was just so so. Love backlot express, everything is so good. We also like the ABC commissary. It has different choices especially the salads. In DTD we love Raglan Road and Rainforest cafe. Hope this helps.
[

Thank you, I thought you could go back into the park without a park hopper as long as it's the same park that you entered in the first place? I'll have to look at the Plaza menu again. B.O.G was a hit for myself last year, and a miss for Courtney she did not enjoy her turkey sandwich what so ever. So that's in the air as well, as for DTD I'd like to check out Raglan Road I hear a lot about it and we've been to Rainforest a few times, one about half hour away from here also.

Thank you very much for the feedback!

racin23

Yes you are right you can leave for example magic kingdom and go eat dinner in some hotel and then return to magic kingdom after, and the same applies for all of the parks. I've eaten at Raglan Road once and it was pretty good that was two years ago.

m3owbox

Thank you, I thought you could go back into the park without a park hopper as long as it's the same park that you entered in the first place? I'll have to look at the Plaza menu again. B.O.G was a hit for myself last year, and a miss for Courtney she did not enjoy her turkey sandwich what so ever. So that's in the air as well, as for DTD I'd like to check out Raglan Road I hear a lot about it and we've been to Rainforest a few times, one about half hour away from here also.

Thank you very much for the feedback!
If you're going to be on the dining plan the Plaza is pretty cheap and wouldn't be worth it DDP-wise.

Weather_Lady

@SDisney90, my family left the MK for dinner at 'Ohana last time we visited and returned after our meal. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to see how relatively quick and convenient it is to travel to the Poly and back to the MK by monorail, and the view is wonderful. To me, the monorail resorts feel more like an extension of the MK than a completely different location.

SDisney90

Original Poster
@SDisney90, my family left the MK for dinner at 'Ohana last time we visited and returned after our meal. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to see how relatively quick and convenient it is to travel to the Poly and back to the MK by monorail, and the view is wonderful. To me, the monorail resorts feel more like an extension of the MK than a completely different location.
Thank you! I guess I am just worried about "losing park time" because I never know the next time I'll be back. When I'm there I genuinely love being at every park and hate the thought of missing out on anything. As to the monorail resorts feel like an extension of MK, that's how I honestly feel as well! That's the only reason why I chose to go to Kona's on MK night, trying to do something different this time around.

SDisney90

Original Poster
If you're going to be on the dining plan the Plaza is pretty cheap and wouldn't be worth it DDP-wise.

I have to agree that for day 1 look at the Plaza Restaurant or try the Crystal Palace.

Thank you, the Plaza really wouldn't be worth it to use the DDP but this is an area I could possibly dine there and just pay out of pocket and use a dining credit somewhere else.

Crystal Palace was definitely on my list, only thing that turned me away from that was it is a buffet. We have a few all you can eat meals already and I wanted to opt for a nice 1 dish table service. But, I might take a second look at this again Thank you all very much I appreciate it.

SnarkyMonkey

It will take almost no time at all to get to Kona Cafe and back. I don't find leaving for dinner at a monorail resort interrupts the flow or feel of your MK park day at all.

It looks to me like you have made some great choices. The only one I question is Garden Grill, and not because it's a great restaurant, but because there are so many other amazing choices at Epcot.

I would vote for Captian Cooks over AoA Food Court. I think it is one of the superior QS locations.

And I would also vote for Raglan Road. It is so so very good. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Happy planning!

yedliW

Depart day:(: QS: Wolfgang Puck Express
TS: This is up in the air..we have no plans this day yet and have plenty of time to decide. We will not have any park tickets so we would have to dine somewhere in DTD or in the resorts. Flight potentially departing at 6PM so we would most likely have to have a lunch table service.

What about doing a breakfast on your last day to avoid any issues with flight timing? We are big fans of 'Ohana for breakfast. It is a lot of fun, and the food was really good, and since it is on the monorail, it is pretty easy to get to in the mornings.

sgtmgd

We generally do this when at the Magic Kingdom, we just got back last week and at at Narcoosees' for dinner and then went back, travelling the monorail line is pretty quick and a nice break to relax.

SDisney90

Original Poster
It will take almost no time at all to get to Kona Cafe and back. I don't find leaving for dinner at a monorail resort interrupts the flow or feel of your MK park day at all.

It looks to me like you have made some great choices. The only one I question is Garden Grill, and not because it's a great restaurant, but because there are so many other amazing choices at Epcot.

I would vote for Captian Cooks over AoA Food Court. I think it is one of the superior QS locations.

And I would also vote for Raglan Road. It is so so very good. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Happy planning!

Thank you, trust me I'd love to go try somewhere else in EPCOT for dinner because you're right there is a ton of other amazing dining options there. The only issue is Courtney is a bit of a picky/plain Jane eater. We had a hard time looking for a restaurant that appeals to her (Via Napoli now that I think of it may work) I'll have to look at the menus in Epcot a little more and let her take a look at some of them.

I'd love to try the infamous Le Cellier but the 2 credits makes me second guess this...

Raglan Road sure is getting a lot of hype, need to run it by her and look at the menu, thank you again:)

SDisney90

Original Poster
What about doing a breakfast on your last day to avoid any issues with flight timing? We are big fans of 'Ohana for breakfast. It is a lot of fun, and the food was really good, and since it is on the monorail, it is pretty easy to get to in the mornings.
That's a great idea! I've never been to a morning breakfast (other than at the resort or a little snack at the parks) Ohana's and Boma look like both great places to go..I love the ambiance in Ohana's also..thank you very much

mickey2008.1

Well, if your in MK, any of the monorail resorts will do for a TS, watch fire works, and head back to the park, or eat before the fire works and watch inthe park. Plenty of one TS places. Have you considered using two TS that day and gt to California grill, giving up your TS the last day. A great Restaurant with a view and easy access to MK. Also for your last day, a character breakfast at Cape May Cafe if you still have one TS left. A great place to end a trip, as we have done many times, and no park passes required. Or you could always add a last day ticket, small cost, and head over to EPCOT.

SnarkyMonkey

This is a fantastic idea! Get a later ADR for breakfast and it could serve as breakfast and lunch.

Thank you, trust me I'd love to go try somewhere else in EPCOT for dinner because you're right there is a ton of other amazing dining options there. The only issue is Courtney is a bit of a picky/plain Jane eater. We had a hard time looking for a restaurant that appeals to her (Via Napoli now that I think of it may work) I'll have to look at the menus in Epcot a little more and let her take a look at some of them.

I'd love to try the infamous Le Cellier but the 2 credits makes me second guess this...

Raglan Road sure is getting a lot of hype, need to run it by her and look at the menu, thank you again:)

I think that if she takes a look at the menus from World Showcase, she might be pleasantly surprised by the options. I would recommend Biergarten. There are lots of plainer items and it's a buffet which makes that easy. And the entertainment is really fun.

And you may look at the menu for Raglan Road and wonder what the hype is all about as many of the items sound plain. However, it is the quality of the food that can't be beat. The best steak, the best burgers, etc.

SDisney90

Original Poster
Thank you all for the advice on definitely gave us a lot more thinking to do :D appreciate everything and I will let you all know once we have a more definite list!

SDisney90

Original Poster
Well, if your in MK, any of the monorail resorts will do for a TS, watch fire works, and head back to the park, or eat before the fire works and watch inthe park. Plenty of one TS places. Have you considered using two TS that day and gt to California grill, giving up your TS the last day. A great Restaurant with a view and easy access to MK. Also for your last day, a character breakfast at Cape May Cafe if you still have one TS left. A great place to end a trip, as we have done many times, and no park passes required. Or you could always add a last day ticket, small cost, and head over to EPCOT.

I did actually think about giving up a credit and heading to California grill for one of the nights, I hear and see so much about that place on here and the food is definitely right up my alley. Like I said, really only the MK part 1/final day are my real concerns but as of right now I like the idea of Kona (finally) or Cali grill and on the last day either a breakfast ts (ohana, cape may, boma) or lunch at Raglan road..thank you for your help!

EvilQueen-T

We use to avoid leaving the parks for meals too but once we were AP holders and let ourselves really start trying different things and not going into panic mode over the idea of leaving the parks we really started enjoying trying the different restaurants. When we do leave the parks to go eat we still stick to a place near the park that we're in that day. If we're at MK we do the monorail loop or WL, boardwalk area if we're at dhs...you get the idea. Don't be afraid to branch out. You may find they become as much a part of your vacation experience as your time in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom