Disneyland's Fantasyland Themeing

SnarkyMonkey

You are absolutely right about how beautiful DL's Fantasyland is. I like WDW's too though but it's not nearly as pretty.

As far as I understand, though, DL gets a lot more funding as it is still seen as Walt's baby.

lazyboy97o

You are absolutely right about how beautiful DL's Fantasyland is. I like WDW's too though but it's not nearly as pretty.

As far as I understand, though, DL gets a lot more funding as it is still seen as Walt's baby.
Walt Disney World had just opened the world's largest private construction projection the year before New Fantasyland. New Fantasyland was a small little change in a sizable chunk of time when effort and resources were focused on Florida and Japan.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Funding for what? New attraction funds are not just doled out on a yearly basis.
Im not saying we need new attractions yearly, but as previously stated attractions like Peter Pan, POTC, ect. Need upgrades. And also it wouldn't cost to much to replace the facades with the ones in DL, in Fantasyland.

lazyboy97o

Im not saying we need new attractions yearly, but as previously stated attractions like Peter Pan, POTC, ect. Need upgrades. And also it wouldn't cost to much to replace the facades with the ones in DL, in Fantasyland.
And it's the job of local management, not corporate executives, to argue for the funding for such projects. there is also local pressure on Disneyland that is dismissed as vacation ruining at Walt Disney World.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
And it's the job of local management, not corporate executives, to argue for the funding for such projects. there is also local pressure on Disneyland that is dismissed as vacation ruining at Walt Disney World.
What do you mean "Disneyland that is dismissed as vacation ruining at Walt Disney World'?

lazyboy97o

What do you mean "Disneyland that is dismissed as vacation ruining at Walt Disney World'?
Running an attraction until it was in very poor shape would be noticed by the local media and Disneyland fan sites. The same sort of issues are ignored in Florida and Walt Disney World fans say it is bad to close rides for refurbishment because people who do not get to visit often will not get to ride.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Disneyland has a much more critical source of income (fans). If they screw up on something in Cali (like DCA 1.0) they lose a lot of money. WDW on the other hand has tourists who for the most part don't care or don't know any better so things are allowed to slip a lot more.
That's ridiculous and stupid.

lazyboy97o

Disneyland has a much more critical source of income (fans). If they screw up on something in Cali (like DCA 1.0) they lose a lot of money. WDW on the other hand has tourists who for the most part don't care or don't know any better so things are allowed to slip a lot more.
Disney was rather well set to just allow Disney's California Adventure continue on as it was.

Sage of Time

Two different aesthetics.

I find both very lovely. I enjoy DL's more, but I think that WDW's "tent" aesthetic has merit as being closer to what Fantasyland once, historically, was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom