The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
If I opened my closet I could still see my f a n n y pack's glare at me for letting her collect dust. This last one was the best, pretty tiny but lots of zipper compartments. It was perfect. Dang Fashion police.

I'm telling you, it really gets my goat that they went out of style. As you mentioned, some of them had multiple zipper compartments, and they were the most practical accessory every made, in my opinion. To this day, I'll never understand why the fashion people pulled the plug on these. :banghead:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
This reminds me of my own childhood, and the times when the family went places. I never wanted to carry anything and just assumed my mother's role was to be our pack mule. I recall one incident on a hot summer day, and the family went to the zoo. I had picked up brochures, and a small toy at the gift shop (which was centrally located toward the middle of the zoo), and we all walked out of the shop with our bags.

I immediately gave it to my mother to put in her (medium/large) purse. Maybe it was the heat and humidity that day, I don't know, but she had a fit with all of us trying to give her "our" stuff to haul around. From that moment on, a line was drawn in the sand. She made it clear that if we wanted to buy trinkets, then we'd have to carry our own stuff around. I think I was about 6 years old at the time, and I remember feeling quite put out by her "arrogant" comment! (I even recall questioning her about it, "But...you like to carry things around.") :rolleyes: :D :D
6? I definitely carried my kids' stuff around longer than that ... but yeah, you have to draw the line somewhere.

As I'm sure you can guess, Hubby will split the bag-carrying duties - pink string bag or no.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
6? I definitely carried my kids' stuff around longer than that ... but yeah, you have to draw the line somewhere.

As I'm sure you can guess, Hubby will split the bag-carrying duties - pink string bag or no.

If it was just me, she probably wouldn't have flipped out. The issue was, there were 4 of us kids (I was the youngest), plus she had her own purchases. I guess she thought, enough is enough! :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
If it was just me, she probably wouldn't have flipped out. The issue was, there were 4 of us kids (I was the youngest), plus she had her own purchases. I guess she thought, enough is enough! :)
Sadly, I think it's in the Mother Contract somewhere - in tiny print, down near the bottom.
"Thou shalt carry everyone's ship in your gigantic purse, including Hubby's keys, wallet and sunglasses."

Goofyernmost

I'm telling you, it really gets my goat that they went out of style. As you mentioned, some of them had multiple zipper compartments, and they were the most practical accessory every made, in my opinion. To this day, I'll never understand why the fashion people pulled the plug on these. :banghead:
That's simple! It's because the general public let them, instead of thinking for themselves. Has anyone besides me ever wondered where the fashion police obtained this superior ability to determine what is acceptable and what isn't? Who gave them that power. I guess it's the society of sheep that so many of us have become. I feel so free since age has allowed me to wander away from the flock. With any luck I will never find my way home.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It went from...eh...maybe some snow on Tuesday to historic storm.

View attachment 80258

Our weather people were saying all week it was supposed to be snowy Saturday night (last night) into Sunday and be plowable, then they changed it to light snow, then last night they were saying it had all shifted south and we didn't even get a flake here. Weather people.... :confused:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Ah, the plot thickens.

The PTB want Hubby to be partnered with M. My site has been delayed until June. M. is still out for a few more months with cancer treatments ... ergo, I will be Hubby's partner for a month or two - at the site I had wanted all along. Plus, I still get the $$ site everyone else wants.

Can you say double-dip?
One can never predict how things will go, but historically there is an initial burst of sales in the opening month. My calculator has been working overtime.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
If I opened my closet I could still see my f a n n y pack's glare at me for letting her collect dust. This last one was the best, pretty tiny but lots of zipper compartments. It was perfect. Dang Fashion police.

I now either slip a small wallet into my pocket or I have a small string backpack with a water bottle net or a tiny cross body. Last trip I only used the small string backpack. Wallet, sunglasses/reading glasses, umbrella, water bottle in the net. So little was in it that I didn't have to take it off for most rides.
I still use mine in the parks. I carry my iPhone and sunglasses in it - I don't plan on losing either on a ride (or is it attraction? ;)) and I don't have to worry about my phone getting soaked! :) I've never been one to follow the crowd....

donaldtoo

I now either slip a small wallet into my pocket or I have a small string backpack with a water bottle net or a tiny cross body. Last trip I only used the small string backpack. Wallet, sunglasses/reading glasses, umbrella, water bottle in the net. So little was in it that I didn't have to take it off for most rides.

I'm still chucklin' over the fact that we have to type it f a n n y pack... :hilarious: ;) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom