The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I hope those small, waist packs come back in style. They were the best, small packs to wear at Disney and you never had to think about holding on to a purse or whatever, because they hooked on like a belt. I have a tiny, cross-body bag (as a consolation prize . . .) that I take with me nowadays to the parks, but I miss the waist packs. :(

If I opened my closet I could still see my f a n n y pack's glare at me for letting her collect dust. This last one was the best, pretty tiny but lots of zipper compartments. It was perfect. Dang Fashion police.

I now either slip a small wallet into my pocket or I have a small string backpack with a water bottle net or a tiny cross body. Last trip I only used the small string backpack. Wallet, sunglasses/reading glasses, umbrella, water bottle in the net. So little was in it that I didn't have to take it off for most rides.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
If I opened my closet I could still see my f a n n y pack's glare at me for letting her collect dust. This last one was the best, pretty tiny but lots of zipper compartments. It was perfect. Dang Fashion police.

I now either slip a small wallet into my pocket or I have a small string backpack with a water bottle net or a tiny cross body. Last trip I only used the small string backpack. Wallet, sunglasses/reading glasses, umbrella, water bottle in the net. So little was in it that I didn't have to take it off for most rides.
As you might have seen in my trip photos, I also carried a pink Nike string bag. I never had to take it off once.

I think I could really rock a pink f a n n y pack though.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oh, that's interesting; I didn't realize there was an age limit. It must be the only restaurant in all of WDW that has an age minimum.

High-end establishments aren't for everyone, but let me tell you: if I had a chance to go there, I absolutely would. Furthermore, my dream would be to get seated at the Chef's Table for a unique experience. I would love it. :inlove:

Perhaps because I worked in the hotel industry prior to hospitals, I gained an appreciation for those rare instances when I was invited to some very high-end dinners. I treasure those memories, and on those now (extremely rare) occasions when the situation presents itself, I'm "in"!! Because 99% of the time now, dining is casual for me (yes, I've even been known to eat a sandwich over the sink sometimes--no dishes that way! :hilarious:) it would be such a treat again to watch a master chef work his/her magic with creative cuisine. They work with food, but they are also artists. It's all part of the experience. Sigh . . . I wish I was at Victoria and Albert's now . . . although I suppose at 5:25 AM, they're not quite ready for me . . . :D

Oh there was lots of debate over Disney Worlds decision to discourage children at Victoria & Albert's and completely ban children under 10 years old. 2008

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sympathy "like". :(

I've posted this here before, but...
You should look into maybe doing what my DWifey and kiddos did for me on my 50th b-day.
They arranged an hour-long helicopter flight for me all over the Austin area. Even though it was in October, it was still warm enough to fly with the doors off (think M*A*S*H-style helicopter). We flew at an altitude of about 1,000-1,500 ft. over the soon-to-open Circuit of the Americas F1 track, downtown Austin, our house, etc.. The pilot (DWifey was kinda' worried at first, until she found out the guy was a former 20-year Army Blackhawk pilot vet, and also a Chief Pilot for our local air ambulance/rescue service) even got clearance to buzz down another small airport runway on our way back!
Sooo very cool...!!! :joyfull: :)
Could be cost-prohibitive, though.
To this day, I still don't know how much they paid... :cyclops:

Outstanding birthday gift!!! I can assure you that they thought it was worth every penny, to do this for you.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My mom's a seamstress and she made two dresses for my daughter. :)

Wow! Your daughter must be excited about the two fancy dinner evenings on the ship. It's so nice to have this trip to look forward to. Both she and you will have wonderful memories of the time you'll spend together on the cruise. We all only go around once in this life, and it's important to have special, treasured moments in time.:happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My parents live literally 5 minutes away from Fiesta Texas.

And I love love love Schlitterbahn. Best water park in the world.

Schlitterbahn!! That's a dream of mine to go there. Last year, I was watching a show on water parks on the Travel Channel, and Schlitterbahn was one of the top in the country, they said. I wish that park was part of WDW. I mean, I've been to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, but I think Schlitterbahn blows both of them away! :D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When I was in my teens and early 20's, there were many times I would be near his parking lot and I would stop and leave him a note under his windshield. (I told you I was an awesome daughter.)

That was a very sweet thing to do. And now after years have gone by, and he passed on, I'll bet you're really glad you made those gestures, knowing that your little surprises made him so happy.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The year I was free of a backpack for baby stuff I bought everyone a f a n n y pack. I was done with 'will you hold this-put this in your backpack'

This reminds me of my own childhood, and the times when the family went places. I never wanted to carry anything and just assumed my mother's role was to be our pack mule. I recall one incident on a hot summer day, and the family went to the zoo. I had picked up brochures, and a small toy at the gift shop (which was centrally located toward the middle of the zoo), and we all walked out of the shop with our bags.

I immediately gave it to my mother to put in her (medium/large) purse. Maybe it was the heat and humidity that day, I don't know, but she had a fit with all of us trying to give her "our" stuff to haul around. From that moment on, a line was drawn in the sand. She made it clear that if we wanted to buy trinkets, then we'd have to carry our own stuff around. I think I was about 6 years old at the time, and I remember feeling quite put out by her "arrogant" comment! (I even recall questioning her about it, "But...you like to carry things around.") :rolleyes: :D :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom