DCP Questions! Please Help! (:

Shayla Cook

Original Poster
Hi there!
So, I've been looking at the DCP for years now. Though I'm not in university yet, I am planning on applying when I am eligible.
I have some questions about costs, what it is like and other stuff.

1. How much money should I bring with me?

2. What are the weekly costs of the program? (other than rent)

3. On average, how much money do you have left over each week to spend? (On groceries and free time stuff)

4. Can you request which apartment to stay at?

5. What do I do if I don't know anyone close to me that I can room with? How do I find a roommate?
Or
6. If I don't have one, will they set you up with people using the survey? Or will I get stuck with random people?

7.Have you ever felt depressed or home-sick being far away from family?

8. Pros and cons of the program?

9. What was the best experience you had?

10. What was the worst?

11. Would you change anything?

If you have any other information that might be helpful, I would really appreciate it! :)

IowaHawks7

I did the program in spring 2014 and worked at DHS ill help you for sure.
1) I brought $1000 down with me. It was more than enough cause you also do get paid weekly, but not much.
2) Groceries were usually $60-80 when i went every 3 week or so. and then just costs of visiting disney world (dining, merchandise, etc) I would probably spend $75 a week when i was there on misc. things.
3) I covered most of this in question 2.
4) you fill out this online form called DORMS approx. 3 weeks before you arrive where you list your preferences on where to live. I requested Patterson Court and got that. They do their best to accommodate your request but they not always can.
5) I joined a facebook group for my arrival date and a generic page for people who are applying and got in. I met 5 out of my 6 roommates that way. The other way to get roommates is random where you wont have any choice of picking. I know people who have done both.
7) There were times i was a little homesick but if i ever was i would go to MK with my friends and it would remind me why im there. There is also skype where you can talk to your family. And you do get discounts on Hotels and Main Entrance Passes so your family can come visit.
8) There arent many cons to the program besides the fact that it is a JOB first. They expect you to work sometimes over 45 hours a week. The pros are everything about it i dont have anything bad to say.
9) The random nights with my coworkers were always the best for me. Where we would get off work and just decide to go to a park.
10) Some of the long 12 hour work days.
11) I would hangout more with my roommates than i originally did but besides that i wouldnt change anything.
If you have any other questions feel free to message me on here! If you even want advice on the application process i can help you out too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom