Early Morning Travel for Dining Reservations

jlthomas81

Original Poster
This question could probably have been posted in a number of threads, but since it mostly has to do with getting around Disney, I am asking it here. I haven't been able to locate any information on how early the buses start running before a park opens.

My dilemma is this....we are staying at Port Orleans Riverside at the end of May. We tentatively have a 7:40 am Chef Mickey's reservation on one of the day's we plan to go to Magic Kingdom and the WDW site states that the park opens at 9 am that day. Trying to still make rope drop or close to it after our dining reservation. Ideally, what would be the best way for us to arrive at the Contemporary that morning? We are not against taking a taxi if that is our best option. How would we go about getting one that early? How far of a walk would it be from the bus terminals at MK to Chef Mickey's? We have been to the world numerous times, but never Chef Mickey's. Thanks in advance for your advice!!

Rob562

Your definite fastest way would be to take a taxi directly to the Contemporary.

If you're trying to stick to free alternatives, they start running special "character breakfast" buses at around 6:30am. They don't run on set routes, but when you get on they ask you where you're going and they get you there. Just be prepared for the bus to possibly make a couple stops on an indirect route depending on where other people are going.

The MK-specific buses probably won't start running until between 7 and 7:30, but with those you'd still have to travel over to the Contemporary.

-Rob

MorganKelly

Another vote for a taxi. Ask a bell person to summon a taxi; there are always some in the parking lot; it takes a few minutes. The walk from the MK bus area to the CR takes about 15-20 minutes, depending on your pace. It's a pleasant walk that will take you to the lobby and a quick escalator/elevator ride will take you to the 4th floor where Chef Mickey's is located. Either way, good luck and enjoy!

Last edited:

BigRedDad

Resort to Resort transportation is a pain. If you take a bus to the TTC, then hop the monorail, you are talking about a 30-45 minute commute. Getting to rope drop will also be a little difficult as well. Assuming you get in right at 7:40, you may make it. It takes about an hour to see all of the characters. That puts you at 8:40. Add in at least 10 minutes from Chef Mickey's to the entrance of MK. From there, the line entrance. I would say 9AM would be the earliest you get there.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Resort to Resort transportation is a pain. If you take a bus to the TTC, then hop the monorail, you are talking about a 30-45 minute commute.
Resort buses go directly to the MK. The Contemporary is a short walk away. I agree that taxi would be fastest, but even using free transport @jlthomas81 should be able to be back in the MK at 9 a.m.

HollyAD

For a reservation that early I would do a taxi.It's not worth missing your reservation if the buses aren't running early enough. There are taxis outside every resort 24-7. I even saw one at 0345 outside of AoA when I was catching my Magical Express bus.

daisyduckie

I would use a taxi. When I made my ADRs yesterday a message came up recommending guests allow 1 1/2 for travel within Disney property. That does sound like over-kill, but you never know.

jlthomas81

Original Poster
Thanks for all the input We actually found a 10:30 ressie on a resort day, and that sounded much more appealing, and less crazy!

dreamfinder

I would use a taxi. When I made my ADRs yesterday a message came up recommending guests allow 1 1/2 for travel within Disney property. That does sound like over-kill, but you never know.

They will make that message for any ADR. Basically that allows for a 30 minute wait for a bus (assuming you just missed it), a 30 minute bus trip (going from the farthest edge to the farthest edge), 30 minutes to get from the bus stop to the restaurant (time to clear security, and walk for instance from the front of Epcot to Germany). By telling you to budget 90 mins travel time, the onus is on you if you miss your reservation time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom