Mama Melrose or Via Nappoli

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Via Napoli for Pizza and Mama Melrose for pasta dishes. Both are favorites of ours and totally disagree with other posters ,that as being Italian myself , Mama Melrose is a nice place for pasta. I do not find it a poor representation of Italian food. Just check out the menus at both and if you are feeling more pizza DEFINATELY pick Via Napoli, and if you are feeling more pasta DEFINATELY go to Mama Melrose. Many trips we do both because they are different. :)

rt06

Mama's. The calamari is better, and Via Nap is too inconsistent with the quality of its pizzas.

flyerjab

One thing that my family has found is that Via Napoli is a more affordable dining option, especially if you order a pizza for the family and some drinks. I don't know if price is a concern for you but just putting that out there.

Aside from that point, I would also pick Via Napoli over Mama Melrose. I really enjoy that particular restaurant, and you also will be in World Showcase which is always a bonus to me. :)

With the supposed sweeping changes coming to DHS in the not-too-distant future, however, Mama Melrose may be disappearing in the next few years. It might be worth visiting before it gets leveled (potentially) as part of the major rebranding/refurbishment of DHS.

totaldisneygirl

Via Napoli is definitely more authentic. We go to Mama Melrose when we're at Studios out of convenience and although we had a fabulous meal last time (we got the steak), we don't go because they have amazing Italian food.

DisneyXmas

I do both every visit. Via Napoli for pizza and mamas for the steak. I agree the calamari is really good at mm. I get a side of pasta instead of Mac and cheese but it is nothing special

PAW PAW 70

Via Napoli the pizza's are inconsistent but worth a try. Went there three different years and never got the same quality of pizzas. MAMA MELROSE is good for pasta dishes and steaks. Calamari is good! Give them a try. If you can only choose one go to MAMA MELROSE.

sgtmgd

Via Napoli is definitely more authentic. We go to Mama Melrose when we're at Studios out of convenience and although we had a fabulous meal last time (we got the steak), we don't go because they have amazing Italian food.

Two birds of a different feather, but if in Hollywood Studios Id go to Mama Melrose, its a hidden gem IMHO as we have yet to have a bad meal, the steak over Mac-n-cheese has yet to disappoint, the wife always gets some seafood soup thing..will be there eating at 4:50PM on 19 JAN and I cant wait.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Both. For pizza, Via Napoli is the best. For pasta, Mama Melrose. The chicken parm is awesome. The sangria isn't bad, either. ;)

I sure hope Mama's doesn't disappear due to all the potential renovations at DHS. I would be so disappointed.

Jessica Meier

We loved MM when we went despite a horribly long wait despite having ADRs. I got chicken parm and hubby got steak and both were YUMMY. I have yet to try via Napoli but have it on my list to try this upcoming October.

melmel89

Mama Melrose we ate there twice last trip and it was great both times. Via Napoli on the other hand was just awful. my dish arrived 20+ mins after my partners the food was cold and bland, the service was just awful too! we thought it would be authentic Italian, I can safely say in all the times we have been to Italy we were never served anything that bad!

gooftroop5

We usually do Mama Melrose and have never had a bad experience. Have heard good things about Via Napoli so it is on our list to try in July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom