What will come first a 5th disney park or a 3rd universal park?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Neither considering Disney already has 6 at WDW.
96a4320fc955f42cbbd250389f2b444983b3bf82e1ce15a263b84e36adbc7f3d.jpg
No one likes that guy. Don't be that guy.

mahnamahna101

I think we'll see all of this at Universal:

1. Twister replaced with Wicked
  2. Shrek replaced with a GMR-style dark ride
  3. Lucy memorabilia moved to new Gardens of Allah museum
  4. Old Lucy building used for GMR-style dark ride
  5. T2 either updated or replaced with Star Trek
  6. E.T. upgraded/relocated to Hollywood
  7. All of KidZone replaced/revamped minus E.T.
  8. Disaster replaced with Fast and Furious
  9. Beetlejuice rethemed to Alien Encounter-esque Planet of the Apes show
  10. Fear Factor torn down for Sherlock or Doctor Who attraction
  11. MIB revamped to London setting
  12. Tokyo added between MIB and Springfield (3-4 attractions)
  13. Nighttime show for IOA
  14. Revamped/replaced Toon Lagoon
  15. Kong
  16. JP expansion/revamp
  17. Hogsmeade expansion/revamp
  18. Revamp/retheme of LC
  19. Seuss expansion
  20. WonderSea Island (Uni's new water park)
  21. Hotels 5-8 for Universal
  22. Pandora
  23. Frozen overlay of Maelstrom
  24. Disney Springs/CityWalk 3.0
  25. Hotels 5-8 for Uni
Before a 5th gate at WDW OR a 3rd gate at USO

Donald Razorduck

I get the feeling that the rumored new water park is a replacement for Wet and Wild and that property would be a third "dry" gate. I loved the concept of the failed Hard Rock Park, It shoup have been a part of UNI to compliment the restaurant and hotel that Hard Rock brands. A Led Zep themed coaster complete with a special soundtrack wastep a a park in a bad location in a bad destination for it all the while opening in 2008. Pity

The obvious Holy Grail would be LOTR but the legal fight with the family would be epic as well. It's unclear on if WB has a right to license attractions off their version of the movies.

mahnamahna101

I get the feeling that the rumored new water park is a replacement for Wet and Wild and that property would be a third "dry" gate. I loved the concept of the failed Hard Rock Park, It shoup have been a part of UNI to compliment the restaurant and hotel that Hard Rock brands. A Led Zep themed coaster complete with a special soundtrack wastep a a park in a bad location in a bad destination for it all the while opening in 2008. Pity

The obvious Holy Grail would be LOTR but the legal fight with the family would be epic as well. It's unclear on if WB has a right to license attractions off their version of the movies.
3rd gate - Music

4th gate - Toys and Games

Would round out the loose themes of IOA's literature and USF's movies/TV

orlando678-

I think the third park should be called park of legends and it will have some of the greatest Universal movies with Monster island, Amity, Dreamworks land or so( bit as pixar but with mini lands), Sesame street, Future city, another Potter land, Middle Earth for example

Donald Razorduck

I think the third park should be called park of legends and it will have some of the greatest Universal movies with Monster island, Amity, Dreamworks land or so( bit as pixar but with mini lands), Sesame street, Future city, another Potter land, Middle Earth for example

Sesame St. IP is licensed with the Sea World parks.

If SeaWorld had a bit of sense, they'd come up with their version of Merlin's Lego Discovery Center and SeaLife Aquarium combo attractions that are popping up in major markets with a Sesame Place/Sea World Aquarium combo attractions along with Aqautic indoor waterpark/hotel attached to them. Think places like Nashville, St. Louis, Chicago and touristy places that don't warrant a full blown park like Branson and Pigeon Forge. Fir that matter Disney could do it as well with what I'd called Pixar Places, a hotel with Pixar themed indoor waterparks and themed carny rides like the Toy Story lands that are indoors.

orlando678-

Sesame St. IP is licensed with the Sea World parks.

If SeaWorld had a bit of sense, they'd come up with their version of Merlin's Lego Discovery Center and SeaLife Aquarium combo attractions that are popping up in major markets with a Sesame Place/Sea World Aquarium combo attractions along with Aqautic indoor waterpark/hotel attached to them. Think places like Nashville, St. Louis, Chicago and touristy places that don't warrant a full blown park like Branson and Pigeon Forge. Fir that matter Disney could do it as well with what I'd called Pixar Places, a hotel with Pixar themed indoor waterparks and themed carny rides like the Toy Story lands that are indoors.

Oh I thought because of Sesame street in Singapore, that Universal owned it

And never mind about the hard rock cafe thingy:confused:

mahnamahna101

Honestly Sesame Street would be better for the KidZone revamp. Comcast could always acquire SeaWorld and the US rights to Sesame Street (they're going down anyways)

A KidZone revamp with:
  1. Sesame Street (musical show and M&G)
  2. SpongeBob (E-ticket family water ride)
  3. Scooby-Doo (BTM-style family coaster)
  4. TMNT (trackless dark ride)
  5. My Little Pony (M&G and flat ride)
  6. Woody Woodpecker (flat ride)
  7. Curious George (revamped play area and Casey Jr.-style train ride)
would totally change people's perceptions of Universal and its family-friendly qualities IMO.

You have Sesame Street and Curious George for preschoolers. Both also appeal slightly to nostalgic teens/adults

My Little Pony for the Disney Princess crowd.

TMNT for little boys

Woody Woodpecker for nostalgic Boomers

Finally, SpongeBob and Scooby-Doo would be the universal appeal, all-ages anchors for the revamped KidZone. Both have proven themselves to be timeless IPs.

orlando678-

Hannah Barbera, Nickelodeon and the original Universal children movies are great for KidZone. Sesame street would be great but I guess it will be uninteresting for Universal. My Little Pony would be perfect for little girls but also I think they won't be interested in it.

JordanNite

If they built a proper third gate - and i am NOT talking a water park - then i would easily actually look to stay at a Universal hotel, just to be close to that everyday. I love the parks, and am loving the walk way, some fabulous places to eat - but its just two parks, that i can usually do in a day on a quiet day.

mahnamahna101

Hannah Barbera, Nickelodeon and the original Universal children movies are great for KidZone. Sesame street would be great but I guess it will be uninteresting for Universal. My Little Pony would be perfect for little girls but also I think they won't be interested in it.
Big Bird, Elmo and Cookie Monster>>>>>>Fievel and Land Before Time. Despicable Me is the only Illumination IP worthy of an attraction... and they are already have one in the front of USF.

Sesame Street's such a timeless franchise that a well-done attraction would last for decades IMO

JordanNite

I question the wisdom of needing a water park. There are already so many.

They must be really cheap to build, i assume.

Build another proper park, themed differently ... add perhaps Sea World which is near by, to a package ticket - and it would really hurt Disney.

At the moment, they are only complimenting Disney.

lazyboy97o

I question the wisdom of needing a water park. There are already so many.

They must be really cheap to build, i assume.

Build another proper park, themed differently ... add perhaps Sea World which is near by, to a package ticket - and it would really hurt Disney.

At the moment, they are only complimenting Disney.
Water parks are currently a very cost effective means of attracting customers. The new water park at Universal Orlando Resort would also mean the end of Wet 'n Wild, so it'd be more of an upgraded replacement.

JordanNite

But you still have Aquatic, Wet N Wild, and the Two Disney water parks - surely overload?

It's a massive cost i'm sure, but they could overtake Disney if they were to build another park. At the moment Disney is vulnerable - hardly any new attractions, and ones that are planned are for years away. Disney Studios is bare thin too, a quarter of a day experience.

Build more capacity hotels agreed, but add another park, perhaps another Harry Potter Land in p, this new park - connect them all up, and you have really hit gold.

Themeing would be an issue ... to make it different and stand out. We have a movie studios, and a adventure park - but really they are one of the same thing. Another park should be strikingly different.

JordanNite

Read biz journal ... and on the subject of water park versus a new park they say this :

'The park has yet to announce anything in the realm of a water park — it does have Wet 'n Wild in its portfolio already — but it would be no small investment. A whole new theme park gate easily could cost near the billion-dollar threshold and water parks around $100 million, depending on the bells and whistles.'

So essentially a water park is a relatively cheap experience to create, with decent rewards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom