DCL is really good at spilling the beans..LOL!

plaz10

OHHHH TRACEY YOU ARE A SWEETHEART! But I could totally see a bit of my Bill in him..."Why the f*** would you go on there?" Yep that sounds like my soon to be hubs. I have ruined a surprise once or twice. Or sometimes don't take the hints. On Valentines Day a few years ago...we're sitting in the living room...watching TV and someone knocks at the door. Bill gets up (presumable to open the door) and walks away into the kitchen going "Can you answer that?" and I immediately get defensive and all "YOU JUST WALKED PASSED THE DOOR, WHAT THE HECK?" and he says "Just answer the freaking door!" And it was flowers being delivered. So major kudos to Tracey for surprising you. It was still a surprise whether you found out now or on the ship. He gets an A+

So excited for you guys! Loved the instagram pic of how you told the boys. Have fun!!!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I love the shopping!
That's crazy about the Discover card!
Those dresses are totally you. I can see you wearing them.
But the one you got is great too!
Yeah! Gotta love the Discover Card!

Soooo, we braved a trip into Houston (downtown) in the drizzly weather and I got this:

http://www.newyorkdress.com/mobile/Jovani/172082.html

Very cruise-y and flattering. Got a great price that included alterations from a lovely little boutique that's run by a sweet lady and her family. We all would guess she's Persian of some sort. I'd say about half her inventory were gowns that were designed & made in-house (the labels were her name).

Anywhoo, definitely like the new dress better. It's very colorful and elegant at the same time. Definitely more "me". ;)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Good for you. Nothing wrong with dressing up a bit.

As for your guys. I think I paid $150 for my tux over 10 years ago. Go to a rental shop and ask them if you can buy last years model. One year three buttons are in, the next two button, or maybe it is notched vs shawl collars - rental shops have to change their lines to keep up with the trends. As long as it is not something outlandish (poweder blue with ruffles I'm thinking) it should last many years. Mine has more than paid for itself in saved rentals over the years.

-dave
I may buy Tracey's tux to save 3 rentals this year. The boys I'm too scared to commit to a purchase because their sizes are changing so much from month to month nowadays. Chandler had a growth spurt around Thanksgiving and shot up a couple inches in a matter of weeks. Brian did the same thing. Bought him new jeans in November and about to need new ones again. If I bought tuxes for them now I'd likely be buying them again.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
OHHHH TRACEY YOU ARE A SWEETHEART! But I could totally see a bit of my Bill in him..."Why the f*** would you go on there?" Yep that sounds like my soon to be hubs. I have ruined a surprise once or twice. Or sometimes don't take the hints. On Valentines Day a few years ago...we're sitting in the living room...watching TV and someone knocks at the door. Bill gets up (presumable to open the door) and walks away into the kitchen going "Can you answer that?" and I immediately get defensive and all "YOU JUST WALKED PASSED THE DOOR, WHAT THE HECK?" and he says "Just answer the freaking door!" And it was flowers being delivered. So major kudos to Tracey for surprising you. It was still a surprise whether you found out now or on the ship. He gets an A+

So excited for you guys! Loved the instagram pic of how you told the boys. Have fun!!!
Thanks, Jess! Tracey's a keeper, that's for sure! First there's the big upgrade but then there's dress shopping. He's like "Get a few dresses!" And when I fuss about prices he's like "Don't worry about it!" Spoils me rotten. I'm so glad we didn't have girls. Lol! We definitely are a good yin & yang to each other. :p

Disneyfalcon

Yeah! Gotta love the Discover Card!

Soooo, we braved a trip into Houston (downtown) in the drizzly weather and I got this:

http://www.newyorkdress.com/mobile/Jovani/172082.html

Very cruise-y and flattering. Got a great price that included alterations from a lovely little boutique that's run by a sweet lady and her family. We all would guess she's Persian of some sort. I'd say about half her inventory were gowns that were designed & made in-house (the labels were her name).

Anywhoo, definitely like the new dress better. It's very colorful and elegant at the same time. Definitely more "me". ;)

Oh yes. That's you. Gorgeous!!

tiaragirl

It's such a shame with someone of your body and amazing taste to not dress up - those dresses are GREAT and I'm positive I will approve of the sparkle heels.. you know me and sparkles! Nothing wrong with practicing around the house. I didn't practice in my New Years shoes and shoulda!

So excited to see you all fancy! MAKE SURE you get a picture of you and super-hubs, you always take pictures of your boys and we don't get to see your "vavavoom" - don't think I don't notice! ;)

PS That Jovani dress is a knockout.

ChuckElias

As for your guys. I think I paid $150 for my tux over 10 years ago. Go to a rental shop and ask them if you can buy last years model.
I did the same thing and it's lasted me and still looks great. And it probably paid for itself in 2 uses. I definitely recommend this option over renting, if you can make the switch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom