Pro gear crackdown?

Disneyhead'71

You've never had security called on you for photographing, have you?
Just try taking a pro full size video camera in. They will be on you before you get to the parking lot tram.

I love driving the sat truck through property just to get to the Shula Burger on 192. I usually have at least one security vehicle shadowing me within 2 miles of crossing onto the property.

ciscobee

I wouldn't want to use this as a vacation rig, but if I lived nearby or this was my destination to shoot as a travel photog ... Count me in.

Last time I was there I spotted 2 different people with 1DX and 70-200's. If those were vacation rigs it was certainly heavy duty.

NowInc

I wouldn't want to use this as a vacation rig, but if I lived nearby or this was my destination to shoot as a travel photog ... Count me in.

Last time I was there I spotted 2 different people with 1DX and 70-200's. If those were vacation rigs it was certainly heavy duty.

A few people rent high end gear. Honestly, I think its a tad overkill :)

mousehockey37

A few people rent high end gear. Honestly, I think its a tad overkill :)

Especially if you're not going at a "User Friendly" time of year, such as right now. I could see if you're there on a day when the crowds are low and taking the big rigs in, but for right now (the worst week of the year), I couldn't imagine trying to just protect that lens (and not from theft, but kids, strollers, ecv's and just sheer masses of people bumping into each other) to make sure nothing happens to it.

Sure, renting is one thing, there's a store nearby that will rent the Canon equivalent of the 70-200/ f2.8 for $40/day. I've thought about it for figure skating photos, but my 55-250 did the job quite nicely, now if I was doing competitions (the aforementioned skating was an exhibition show), I'd more than likely want the big rig, but my budget can't afford to rent or buy one right now, lol.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Especially if you're not going at a "User Friendly" time of year, such as right now. I could see if you're there on a day when the crowds are low and taking the big rigs in, but for right now (the worst week of the year), I couldn't imagine trying to just protect that lens (and not from theft, but kids, strollers, ecv's and just sheer masses of people bumping into each other) to make sure nothing happens to it.

Sure, renting is one thing, there's a store nearby that will rent the Canon equivalent of the 70-200/ f2.8 for $40/day. I've thought about it for figure skating photos, but my 55-250 did the job quite nicely, now if I was doing competitions (the aforementioned skating was an exhibition show), I'd more than likely want the big rig, but my budget can't afford to rent or buy one right now, lol.

I agree. It is an absolute pain in the to try to photograph fireworks at the kingdom anymore. It's a pain to get there. And it's a pain to deal with crowds.

Jahona

Last time I thought about getting half decent photos of the fireworks my view kept getting obstructed by selfie sticks.

mousehockey37

I agree. It is an absolute pain in the *** to try to photograph fireworks at the kingdom anymore. It's a pain to get there. And it's a pain to deal with crowds.

At the MK, the only place you could do well is if you camped out up on the deck at the train station and had your gear set up on the rail. I like the MK, don't get me wrong, but I, by far, love shooting Illuminations.

NowInc

At the MK, the only place you could do well is if you camped out up on the deck at the train station and had your gear set up on the rail. I like the MK, don't get me wrong, but I, by far, love shooting Illuminations.

Not 100% true, you just need to get creative. I never, ever attempt main street..not worth it. However some locations I have had luck with: Rose Garden, BEHIND the castle, Tomorrowland Terrace area (tho since construction has started that area isn't an option anymore), outside the park ;)

The fight to get to the train station (especially those few days when there is no flag pole) just isn't worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom