Moderate Hotels

TXDisney

Original Poster
I've stayed deluxe my last 2 stats and think we wanna try a moderate resort this next time. We're looking to go early May of 2016. We're going in 2015 just staying at a families timeshare that trip. Coronado Springs seems to be the one we like the most. We did POR a year ago and thought it was just ok. Just wanna hear others opinions on the moderate resorts for advice before we book in a few months. Thanks in advance.

Buzz2001

My family loves CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR offers a few deluxe amenities at a mod price. They are home to the largest hot tub and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide, arcade and playground area are all located at the main pool.

The rooms have queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room but only one sink. A CSR rehab will begin in January 2015 to freshen up the rooms.

CSR also offers business class level rooms with access to the Coconino lounge. Other amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

They offer the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

aw14

Been to POFQ, CSR, and CBR and POFQ is by far my favorite. Its the smallest and the quietest which is huge for us. However, the theme of CSR is beautiful and I have very fond memories of 2 trips there

JasonDeyoung

French Quarter is my favorite moderate by far. Riverside is nice but I prefer FQ. Coronado Springs is nice too, it's big and like said above they hold slot of conventions so depending on time of year it could be busy with suits and conventions. I haven't stayed at Caribbean since I was like 5 so no help in that one. Overall I would suggest FQ if you're going moderates. Coronado is nice because they have a on site bar if you want some adult time. The main pool is very popular so can be busy but they also have a couple smaller pools which I usually went to. Never had any complaints about any of the moderates. Food wise Id say riverside is better of them, but again if you stay at FQ it's a 5 minute walk to visit the food court over there. The good at Coronado is just ok in my opinion. FQ & RS have the boats to DTD which is popular if you get sick of the buses. I love the FQ pool, RS has a huge main pool and I believe a couple smaller ones as well. Either way which ever one you pick you can't go wrong. Each resort suites ppl differently

TXDisney

Original Poster
How's the transportation from POFQ? We're big Epcot people so is it easy to go to and from Epxot from there with DME? When we stayed at POR, most our family was at timeshares and the picked us up and dropped us off each day, so didn't get to experience DME from PO.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
How's the transportation from POFQ? We're big Epcot people so is it easy to go to and from Epxot from there with DME? When we stayed at POR, most our family was at timeshares and the picked us up and dropped us off each day, so didn't get to experience DME from PO.
DME (Disney's Magical Express) runs from the airport to the resorts and back. I assume you are talking about the regular Disney transport buses? We have stayed at POFQ many times and the bus system to the parks is good, especially first thing in the morning. At off peak times of day POFQ will sometimes share a bus with POR, but is always first dropped off.

TXDisney

Original Poster
Is CBR a nice resort? We're pretty open to ideas. We wanted to do BC/YC but they'll be under construction still at that time I believe.

TXDisney

Original Poster
We stayed at Buardwalk in September and feel we would like YC more. But I think we wanna try a moderate, just to switch it up.

belledream

Is CBR a nice resort? We're pretty open to ideas. We wanted to do BC/YC but they'll be under construction still at that time I believe.
CBR grounds are very pretty, with a well-themed pool, hammocks to relax in, and general pleasant landscaping. It's also very vast. There's a good number of internal bus stops, but if you only have to go through the motions once a day, I wouldn't consider it too much of an issue. They also have pirate rooms, if that interests you. :p

TXDisney

Original Poster
The choice might come down to either doing a full week at a moderate or 5 days 4 nights at a deluxe. Then im torn. If the BC will be done by then I dont think I could pass that up. Also want to stay at Poly or Bay Lake one day. But I think i wanna wait till we have kids to do a hotel on the monrail.

belledream

I would always be swayed by more Disney time. :) But that's just me.

I agree with waiting for kids for the monorail resort. Totally makes it that much more worth it.

TXDisney

Original Poster
Well we are trying for our 1st kid as we speak, so we will have an infant more then likely by then, like a 3-6month old. We'll prob just have my parents babysit, therefor I think we'd only do the 5 days 4 nights if that's the case, we might upgrade to deluxe.

belledream

Ahh I see! That's completely understandable then. :) Well here's an early and hopeful congratulations and enjoy whatever you choose!

CheshireCat12

We love CSR~ I don't recall seeing too many business suits there, except for once when we tried to get lunch at Cafe Rix- big mistake. Too small to serve that many at once. But I think the pool area is so nice and the landscaping is beautiful. I'd go back in a heartbeat except I'm trying to stay somewhere new each time!

TXDisney

Original Poster
I kinda like trying new resorts too. I stayed at GF once but wanna save the MK deluxe hotels for when we have kids 3-12yrs old. We always wanted to stay at the boardwalk and we did that a few months, but realized we think we'd like the BC or YC more. So if we do decide to do a 5 day 4 night trip instead of a full week we might do YC if the construction is done by then (April 2016)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom