Frozen Additions Coming to the Disneyland Resort

TP2000

Original Poster
More photos of Frozen's permanent home in Fantasyland are available this morning on Dateline Disneyland. Let's take a ride on Storybook Land Canal Boats!

But were not here to see Cinderella's Castle and village or wave to the folks on Casey Jr. Circus Train. (Cause those people aren't waving back.)
IMG_1902-L.jpg

Were here to see the first addition to Storybook Land since 1995; Arendelle. Here's how the new Arendelle scene fits in towards the end of the cruise, with Gepetto's Village ahead on the right and Arendelle on the left, and the Matterhorn looming beyond.
DSC_8955-L.jpg

We're close enough now to hear the strains of "Let it Go!" over the hostess spieling from the back of the boat about Scandinavian sisters.
DSC_9023-L.jpg

It's really a nicely laid out new scene, and one of the more comprehensive ones in Storybook Land.
DSC_9034-L.jpg

Some nice detail and little special effects going on in Arendelle. Old-school 1950's Imagineering is still relevant in the 21st century!
IMG_1929-L.jpg

Including Oaken's place just outside of town.
IMG_1937-L.jpg

I wonder what the ducks think of this new Frozen addition to the canals? This one seems a bit confused as she observes from Alice In Wonderland's scene.
IMG_1915-L.jpg

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Went to Freeze the Night last night. Marshmallow is pretty cool, but the rest of it is lame lame lame. Mad T Party it ain't. We left pretty quickly - it's a shame really.

I was not impressed at all with a video of it I saw. AT ALL. Frozen just isn't a good source to use for these rave-like parties. I'd really like to see either Mad T Party come back or see it themed to another movie. Something like The Nightmare Before Christmas would probably work.

GiveMeTheMusic

I was not impressed at all with a video of it I saw. AT ALL. Frozen just isn't a good source to use for these rave-like parties. I'd really like to see either Mad T Party come back or see it themed to another movie. Something like The Nightmare Before Christmas would probably work.

Nightmare would be cool. The opening dance thing to the Frozen Heart thing - so much . It's weird, there's no energy in the air - basically not having the band kills it.

Travel Junkie

Frozen is a tough choice for a party aimed at a more adult crowd. I imagine this was pushed on TDA and they did the best they could.

Storybook Land looks great. Here’s hoping it’s a model for what’s going into Tokyo .

GiveMeTheMusic

Wow just wow

From what I've heard, it's not going over as well as it does at DHS. Very little singing along actually happening. And despite having an extra six months, the show is just as lame as it is in WDW, and thus far DLR guests haven't been overwhelmingly impressed.

Imagine that.

The new Anna/Elsa location in Disney Animation is GORGEOUS. They did a really beautiful job with it, and Olaf's Snow Fest is beautiful as well.

Californian Elitist

From what I've heard, it's not going over as well as it does at DHS. Very little singing along actually happening. And despite having an extra six months, the show is just as lame as it is in WDW, and thus far DLR guests haven't been overwhelmingly impressed.

Imagine that.

The new Anna/Elsa location in Disney Animation is GORGEOUS. They did a really beautiful job with it, and Olaf's Snow Fest is beautiful as well.

This is good news. Hopefully they cancel it and use the space for something better.

*wishful thinking*

Magenta Panther

Imagine that.

Maybe the show just needs to be re-written and reworked. Happens to shows on Broadway all the time.

Okay, scratch the "maybe". That show needs help. From watching that hot mess, here's what I would do:

Get rid of the Historian and her apprentice. She's a nice lady and they both are good performers, but are a bit superfluous and annoying (not their fault, it's the script. And who are they anyway, and why should we care?). I'd replace them with the leader of the Rock Trolls, and give the show more of a fairy-tale feel, instead of the travelogue it appears to be now.

I'd LOSE the attempts at audience participation. This isn't Storytime with Belle...right? Look, Walt dumped the "clap your hands if you believe in fairies" from the film adaptation of Peter Pan for a REASON. Audience participation only helps a show if the audience PARTICIPATES. And that's never a guarantee, and a lack of participation brings down the whole performance.

Let's face it: Anna's not the favorite. Just having her come out on stage isn't enough. Have her DO something. Maybe make an entrance on a tricycle, or roller skates, or something that highlights her fun-loving nature. Maybe she could throw a snowball at the Troll or somebody. Give the chick something ENTERTAINING to do. "Perky" alone ain't cutting it.

The effects that are there are nice, but the show needs more. Pump it up to the nth degree. Make it a true spectacle.

Bottom line, Frozen was a film that was pretty spare as fairy-tale films go. Not very magical when you compare it to Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty, and the characters were pretty meh too - Elsa's the whole show, really, or so I'm guessing from all the merch she sells as compared to the others. So maybe the show should center around her, and she should be in it more, with Anna just as comic relief or something, assuming the showrunners can actually think of funny things for her to do. 'Cause this show is below par from what this recording is showing. Meh.

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
I actually think the beautiful queue and the use of projections look wonderful

They do. TDA did a fantastic job remaking the old MuppetVision theater into a Frozen venue. It's obvious they spent money there, and it looks great.

Unfortunately the actual show on the stage isn't up to Anaheim standards. This is going to be playing to empty houses just like MuppetVision was if they don't fix it quickly. Hopefully before the Frozen Fun campaign officially kicks off on January 7th. Yikes! :eek:

TP2000

Original Poster

Ah, so is this a direct lift from the DHS stage show in Florida? I never made it out to WDW in '14, so missed their Frozen Summer Fun stuff.

It would make sense if WDW producers created this, and then for speed and simplicity they just cloned the produced show for Anaheim. But that doesn't provide the level of quality and crispness that Disneyland audiences will be demanding.

They need to fix this, soon.

Travel Junkie

Frozen fun has officially started. The pic below is on BVS. Of note: the new show in Fantasy Faire appears to be FP only at least at this time. FP available at a portable cart in the hub.

B6xzgwzCMAAPdxY.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom