Phone Charging Stations

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
Are the phone charging lockers still available? On my last trip a CM told me they will continue to have them "through the summer". I had seen them at Cosmic Rays and another spot in Tomorrowland (Space Mountain store I think)

I'm trying to make a list of charging spots for phones and wanted to make sure this was still an option. If not, are there still charging areas at the Tangled restrooms, Storybook Circus and Space Mountain Arcade?

If you have any favourite charging spots at any of the parks please let me know. I'm heading out in 25 days and I know my 13 year old niece will be a lot easier to deal with if her phone is charged.

JasonDeyoung

I believe charging stations are also available near Space Mountain as well last I heard... Not the lockers, just the outlets. Not sure if they are still there though

DfromATX

I have 3 teenagers... I didn't know about any charging stations on our last trip (June 2013). They would have loved that. They looked for any place to charge their phones! They even plugged them in while we ate at BOG lol.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
There's also a charging station in the gift shop that Space Mountain exits into- all the way in the back by the pinball machines. Not lockers, but a bank of plugs on a table and a few stools.

Gig 'Em Mickey

Highly recommend one of these. This will charge my phone, my wife's phone, and my son's tablet one one charge. They make several models in varying capacities, some with multiple outlets too. It's got the 2.1A output so it's a faster charge than a lot of the external power sources or even 3rd party wall chargers you'll find.

http://www.amazon.com/Jackery®-Bar-Premium-Aluminum-External/dp/B00AANMVNQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1414175974&sr=8-2&keywords=jackery

6BytJjY.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Are the phone charging lockers still available? On my last trip a CM told me they will continue to have them "through the summer". I had seen them at Cosmic Rays and another spot in Tomorrowland (Space Mountain store I think)

I'm trying to make a list of charging spots for phones and wanted to make sure this was still an option. If not, are there still charging areas at the Tangled restrooms, Storybook Circus and Space Mountain Arcade?

If you have any favourite charging spots at any of the parks please let me know. I'm heading out in 25 days and I know my 13 year old niece will be a lot easier to deal with if her phone is charged.
Yes those 3 you list are the only options now. The lockers in Space Mountain and Cosmic have been removed.

Gig 'Em Mickey

On the link I posted it's half the price, more than 2x the capacity, and 2x the charging output, meaning it charges twice as fast. Up to you, but I own two of the jackery models and they are both excellent. Don't care for the colors or paint choices but ti usually stays in my bag anyway so no big deal. Just not burnt orange for me!

Sal33n

I will add in my two cents like the people above posted... GET A PORTABLE EXTERNAL BATTERY CHARGER!!! OMG it came in so handy on our 10 day Disney trip last month. Never had to worry about phone being dead, finding a place to charge or dumbing down the settings so that your phone might last. There are some small enough to fit in your pocket or bigger ones (still no bigger than a cell phone or pack of cigarettes) that can charge multiple devices at the same time. Do yourself a favor, jump on Amazon and buy one before you go.

pug

I'm
Highly recommend one of these. This will charge my phone, my wife's phone, and my son's tablet one one charge. They make several models in varying capacities, some with multiple outlets too. It's got the 2.1A output so it's a faster charge than a lot of the external power sources or even 3rd party wall chargers you'll find.

http://www.amazon.com/Jackery®-Bar-Premium-Aluminum-External/dp/B00AANMVNQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1414175974&sr=8-2&keywords=jackery

6BytJjY.jpg
I love those! I have one! :)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Meh I've got 4.5K mAH extended battery on my Note and carry a 10K mAH spare. I recommend carrying spare power and not relying on open power sockets being available. That way you can just plug it in and continue your merriment without getting tied down. They are fairly inexpensive these days.

daisyduckie

I will add in my two cents like the people above posted... GET A PORTABLE EXTERNAL BATTERY CHARGER!!! OMG it came in so handy on our 10 day Disney trip last month. Never had to worry about phone being dead, finding a place to charge or dumbing down the settings so that your phone might last. There are some small enough to fit in your pocket or bigger ones (still no bigger than a cell phone or pack of cigarettes) that can charge multiple devices at the same time. Do yourself a favor, jump on Amazon and buy one before you go.

I now have 2. Found out during my last trip I needed one back in the room charging at all times, and one in my park bag at all times. Then I just swapped them out.

On my last trip, I built my own juice pack I was able to charge 2 cell phones and an iPad and I used it from unwanted parts so it was totally green, I even added a solar cell just in case , it worked great no stopping and no looking for plugs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom