One day Pirates of the Caribbean closure for refurbishment

The Duck

So it was closed to host a Pirate theme strip show?
Funny you should ask...
Redhead Tits.jpg

Blairnicol

Such a bummer. We were there 12/19 and it was closed all dang day. Obviously the one-day refurb didn't pan out, but glad they got some of the features that were down back up and running.

pug

I could see needing 30hours to pull the fleet out and put in new, fixed boats
I rode it Tuesday and no new boats:( I got so wet I went back to fq and got new pants and a shirt. She over loaded the boat with four adults so I was seating on the edge and got soaked!

Sage of Time

Went on it on Monday and it looked pretty great.

How it behaved was another story- Boat dipped HARD to the left once we cleared the dock and we got DRENCHED once we did the drop. Worse than Splash Mountain. I needed a change of clothes. Highly annoying.

Is this the new normal? I heard a few others complaining about it.

pug

How it behaved was another story- Boat dipped HARD to the left once we cleared the dock and we got DRENCHED once we did the drop. Worse than Splash Mountain. I needed a change of clothes. Highly annoying.

Me too! I hate that! :(

janoimagine

We had a similar experience in October and my dad said the exact same thing ... to add insult to injury we got stuck just entering the jail scene for a good 40 minutes, this was just after the ride had re-opened after being down for a few hours. This ride needs some serious love and fast.

Sage of Time

I just don't understand WHY it gets you so wet? Can't they tone down the water effects in the splashdown scene? Or is the boat screwing up and causing it?

Bairstow

I just don't understand WHY it gets you so wet? Can't they tone down the water effects in the splashdown scene? Or is the boat screwing up and causing it?

It's not intentional effects that let water into the boat- it's the poor design of their prow and miscalculations of how their increased weight (plastic vs. fiberglass) causes them to sit lower in the water.

Maelstrom Troll

It's not intentional effects that let water into the boat- it's the poor design of their prow and miscalculations of how their increased weight (plastic vs. fiberglass) causes them to sit lower in the water.

Man did we ever get drenched when we visited this past December. The cannonball splashes got us pretty good as well!

Omnikron

That's disappointing :( we all love the ride but our daughter hates to be splashed and from what people are saying, we'll have to skip it this coming year.

Sage of Time

Not being smart, being serious in asking this, but is the splash THAT bad? People are acting like this is Splash Mountain.

I was in front and never got a drop on me? I guess I'm a lucky one with that.
It's worse than Splash. My pants and bottom of my shirt were drenched. I wanted to return to my hotel room to change my clothes, but wasn't in the mood to brave a WDW bus all the way back to the Dolphin at 3 PM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom