Multiple family dining

Basenjigirl23

Original Poster
Good evening all! I've been lurking for over a year but never posted. My DH and I visited WDW with our 8 yr old daughter last Dec (2013) and we had the dining plan that included 1TS, 1QS and 1 snack. That worked fantastic for us!
We are in the beginning stages of planning for a Nov 2015 trip to get 1 more visit in before our DD turns 10. This year my sister with her fiancé are interested in joining as well as my parents. We would all book our trips separately, but obviously we'll link our accounts in MDE.
My question is, we will probably do the dining plan again, but I'm thinking at least 1 other group will not. While at dinner, if we make reservations together (6 adults, 1 child) will it be a problem using our dining plan if the others are not on a ddp? I know traditionally it's not a huge deal doing separate checks at a restaurant, but Disney is a whole other beast!
I'd hate to find out after the fact we can't use our credits while at a TS restaurant with everyone.
Thanks for your input!!!

DisneyRoy

With the new Magic Bands, they bring a scanning machine to your table and each party using the Dining Plan will scan their band for payment. The wat staff will then bring s bill at the end of the service. All it requires is a payment for tips and a signature for using the dining plan. The party paying otherwise will then have to do so. No issues for us!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It will not be an issue at all. I often travel with a large group and it is not uncommon for us to have people on the DDP, using TIWL and CM discounts all at the same table.

Just give your server a heads up and he/she will be able to make the experience as smooth as silk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom