NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Packers and Lions both in the playoffs. Curious to see how the seeds play out next week. If the Packers win it would be a good storyline as the Packers clinch the division and Mike McCarthy gets his 100th career victory.

R W B

Saints are officially out. 1 game left of this embarrassing season. Falcons and Panthers play for the division next week.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The week of upsets!

After the absolute pile of dog poo the Ravens showed up with in Texas today... I can't even muster any concern about the playoffs situation. They played as awful as I saw them as when they played Jax on Monday night a few years ago and laid a perfect turd.

Maybe not by stats, but I would call that Flacco's worst game of his career. Never seen so many bad throws from him in a single game. The coaching blew as they completely left our undrafted rookie replacement tackle out to guard JJ Watt all alone.. and it was a slaughter. Lots of crappy officiating too, but I think the raven's offense is what can clearly be labeled a SLUMP.

Between the Raiders, Redskins, Giants, Colts desentigration , etc... someone need to check the astrology charts.

PUSH

Original Poster
Hoping the Cardinals can win. I'm willing to concede the #1 seed to them if that means Seattle doesn't get it. Green Bay has a better chance at winning in Arizona in the playoffs and I don't see the Seahawks losing to the Rams next week, which would give GB the first seed should Seattle win tonight.

Flower'sChild

The Dallas Cowboys are the NFC East champions!! I am very happy right now!!

Now I am curious how important a win is for Dallas next week. Dallas will clinch a first round bye in the playoffs if the Cardinals and the Seahawks both lose next week even if the Cowboys lose next week. This is the only way that the Cowboys can get a first round bye that does not involve either the Cowboys getting a tie or other teams getting a tie.

For example if the Cowboys win and Seattle wins and the Green Bay and Detroit game ends in a tie the Cowboys would clinch home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs. If the Cowboys win and Seattle wins and the Green Bay and Detroit game does not end in a tie the Cowboys would not even get a first round bye. In a two-way tie between the Cowboys and Seattle the Cowboys would win the tiebreaker. In a three-way tie between the Cowboys and Seattle and the NFC North champion, both Seattle and the NFC North champion would win the tiebreaker over the Cowboys.

Anyways the chances of a tie happening in the NFL are not that good. Also like I said there's only one way that the Cowboys can get a first round bye in the playoffs that does not involve someone getting a tie. Also like I said that one way that the Cowboys can get a first-round bye (that does not involve anyone getting a tie) is if both the Cardinals and the Seahawks lose (if both the Cardinals and the Seahawks lose the Cowboys get a first round bye even if they lose). So considering all of this I am very curious what Dallas is going to do next week.

Last edited:

John

WooooooHOOOOOOO First place again! That's two weeks in a row! Wish I could have had the same success early in the season. I also wished I had not missed a week.

PUSH

Original Poster
WooooooHOOOOOOO First place again! That's two weeks in a row! Wish I could have had the same success early in the season. I also wished I had not missed a week.
I've gotten second place multiple weeks lately. I had a terrible start in the first few weeks, but I've slowly gained in the rankings in order to get to the middle of the pack. I remember I was in last place for about the first four weeks. Strong finishes are my thing, I guess.

It's true. Normally whenever I'm playing a sport or game or something I am awful in the beginning, but then come in the clutch at the end... it makes my friends pretty mad because it happens all the time.

John

I had a brain fart in week four. I had a lot going on and forgot to make my picks. Received a big fat zero. I then tried to out think myself. I did best when I went with my gut. My biggest mistake was over an*lyzing games.

PUSH

Original Poster
I had a brain fart in week four. I had a lot going on and forgot to make my picks. Received a big fat zero. I then tried to out think myself. I did best when I went with my gut. My biggest mistake was over an*lyzing games.
After I started trying to make upset picks and go into in-depth analyzing, I started to do better. I only had one good week before week 5. The first four weeks went 7, 5, 11, 6. Then the next four went 12, 11, 10, 11. Then I had a bit of a dip with 9, 10, 8, followed by 13, 9, 12, 13, 9 in the past five weeks. Actually over the past five weeks I'm #3 overall. It's those first few weeks that did me in!

PUSH

Original Poster
Yea, that also was a tough one for me. I really would like to see Carolina win it but I just don't know.
I'd rather see Atlanta win. I like Matt Ryan, and I don't have anything against the Falcons. I'm not big on Cam Newton. I think he's overrated.

acishere

I was considering switching my pick to the Bills because I figured the Pats best players would be rested. But my last minute changes always bite me so I didn't.

Any idea how we are going to handle picks for the playoffs?

Flower'sChild

The Cowboys looked really good today! Maybe the extra momentum will help the Cowboys even more when they go into the playoffs. However I'm not so sure that they should've left the starters in as long as they did today.

Anyways if the 49ers lose or tie and if the Cardinals lose or tie the Cowboys will get a first round bye in the playoffs! There also is still a chance that the Cowboys can get home-field advantage throughout the playoffs, however as has been said on TV many times today one of the things that will need to happen is the Green Bay and Detroit game will have to end in a tie. A tie can very well happen, however it is unlikely. I think the Cowboys chances of getting the 2nd seed are a lot better than getting the 1st seed.

Last edited:

Flower'sChild

An interesting thing is the Saints can have more wins than any team in the NFC South and still lose the division. For that to happen the Atlanta and Carolina game would have to end in a tie. Carolina would be 6-8-2 and the Saints are 7-9. Since a tie counts as half a win and half a loss 6-8-2 is the same as 7-9. Carolina would win the tiebreaker over the Saints. Carolina beats the Saints once and the Saints beat Carolina once. The next tiebreaker is the division record. Carolina would win that tiebreaker because their division record would be 3-2-1 and the Saints division record is 3-3.

jw24

My opinion of the Giants hasn't changed. I still want Coughlin fired because he's been too loyal to bad coaches. Time to clean house and start over, especially the defense and special teams!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom