Summer Positions

mosestoses

Original Poster
I would really like to try and get a job at Disney World for the summer. I was just wondering what the process was for that. Thanks in advance!

mosestoses

Original Poster
Go to the link the above poster shared. Find a job you feel you are most suited to apply for. Read the descriptions and requirements carefully and understand them. If you don't find a job you like, you can either wait until a role you are comfortable with opens up, or apply for your second best choice. It's best to just apply

Or you can visit the casting office which might be a good idea if you do not have a personal computer or time enough at home to complete it. Also if you just want to be more comfortable in that building because you will be visiting it a lot once you get hired. Same rules. Pick a position you feel comfortable with and complete the application.

Fill out the application accurately. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR EMAIL.

As long as you entered a valid security number and real information, you will get a web based interview. This is just a questionaire to see how honest of a person you are and you're not just a mark trying to apply. They don't want to waste the time interviewing dishonest and robotic people. If you answer honestly and choose the best answers that give good customer service, you should pass. If you don't pass, you have to wait three months to apply again I believe. If you do pass, you will be given a chance to schedule an interview.

At your interview just dress to success, have the disney look, be honest and give good body language and eye contact. Present them with your resume regardless if you gave one on the computer, and have a question or two for the recruiter when asked if you have any. Be sure to understand they may offer you a position different from the one you applied for as it could have been filled by the time you went to interview, or they just feel based on your past experience or what positions are currently open. I would be open minded and take what they offer you as pretty much every position has it's pros and cons and there are good and bad employees in every department. So don't feel like that. You can always transfer and usually your first transfer is usually given to you easily.

You will either be hired, asked to come to a second interview, be put onto the waiting list, or told you will be contacted after the first interview.

If you are hired on the spot, congrats.

If you are asked to come to a second interview, you are hired just don't be nervous.

If you are put onto the waiting list, they are overstaffed right now. You probably applied after peak season and after a ton of cps were hired so once they leave their positions you will be contacted. There are rumors that when you are contacted from being on the waiting list is how good your interview was, take that with a grain of salt. But I'm sure it's done on who has been waiting on the list the longest. Everyone will be contacted, just depending on the position and how many people were added to the wait list before you.

If you were told to go home after your first interview and you will be contacted without being put on the waiting list, you didn't answer the questions correctly or gave them enough reason to show you can offer good customer service to the company, didn't follow dress code or the disney look, or fidgeted and showed bad body language for long periods of time. At this point try again in six months and be committed.

I wasn't hired my first interview. But my second interview two months ago, I was put onto the waitlist for quick service food and I already gotten a still interested email so hopefully I get contacted soon.

Hopefully that helped you. :)

Thank you! Do you know when they usually start posting summer seasonal positions?

Dasnowz

Disney is actually phasing out seasonal positions. They are becoming few and far between and most who are filling them are from within the company. I know several current CM who are desiring to go seasonal and getting denied.

-you cannot go to casting and apply. They will direct you to go home and apply online. This has been policy for the last few years.

-you can only apply once every 6 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom