WDW Photographers Gallery (all images welcome)

Gig 'Em Mickey

Where are you when you took this one? I'm traveling to San Francisco on business in April. Won't have a lot of time, but I'd kick myself if I didn't make an effort to go shoot the bridge. Any other tips on locations while I'm there? I'll probably have 1 afternoon and no rental car.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Where are you when you took this one? I'm traveling to San Francisco on business in April. Won't have a lot of time, but I'd kick myself if I didn't make an effort to go shoot the bridge. Any other tips on locations while I'm there? I'll probably have 1 afternoon and no rental car.

This location is in an area known as Fort Point National Historic Site
http://www.nps.gov/fopo/planyourvisit/directions.htm

Another great locations for shooting the bridge is the http://www.nps.gov/goga/marin-headlands.htm
There is also a Vista Point on the north east side of the bridge that gives you a view across the bay to the city and the bridge.

Without a car, access to any area around the bridge might be kind of challenging since it's pretty far off the mass transit routes.

If you're in the downtown area of the city heading down to the Embarcadero along the bay has some interesting shooting opportunities with lots of large public art all along the bay side including Cupid's Span (huge bow and arrow sculpture), as well as looking back at the city skyline from the piers. The southern area looks toward the Bay Bridge and Bay Lights http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bay_Lights if you're there at night.

Gig 'Em Mickey

Ok, help me out with this one. I was going for the sunburst through the tree. But it came out really dark. I really had to do a lot in lightroom to get the colors out. It's real muddy around the sun. Did I just meter it wrong maybe? I don't like how muddy it is there in the center. Or is it just that I'm using the kit lens which isn't exceptionally sharp in the first place?

Overall I was impressed by the range and how much color I was able to get out of it when I first looked at the raw file.

Thanksgiving (9 of 24) by kylemetcalf1, on Flickr

fractal

DSC03695-XL.jpg

afb28

I love this... the long exposure star trails are a nice touch considering the attraction and the theme of it!
Thanks! That's exactly what I was wanting.

On Flickr I called it "Warning, Meteor Show In Range" because I wanted it to feel like the meteor shower in the ride.

I got inspired by Jeff Krause's star trails to do them in the parks. I think he does hour long ones but this one was 25 minutes so 50 frames.

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Thanks! That's exactly what I was wanting.

On Flickr I called it "Warning, Meteor Show In Range" because I wanted it to feel like the meteor shower in the ride.

I got inspired by Jeff Krause's star trails to do them in the parks. I think he does hour long ones but this one was 25 minutes so 50 frames.

Thats a distinct disadvantage of digital photography... you can't push the sensors past a certain time. Why stack that many images when you could, in a perfect world, just open the shutter and let her rip. A lot of my work is made of very long exposures, about 45 minutes to 4 hours (ish), and that is impossible on an electronic digital sensor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom