Dining plan when staying over into new year

kniquy

Original Poster
I was just reading someones thread about some restaurants are not available on the 2015 dining plan and it made me wonder about my dining plan and reservations. We are arriving 12/31/2014 and it is noted on the reservations that we have the 2014 dining plan. so technically we are there only one night of 2014. What happens if as of 2015 (1/1/15) a restaurant is not on the dining plan? Because we begin our stay in 2014 do we have the 2014 dining plan for the duration of our stay and which ever restaurants are honored on the 2014 plan is where we can dine?

CAPTAIN HOOK

I don't know for certain, but if the restaurants are shown as accepting the 2014 DP (which is what you've got), then I would say that they have to honour it

Rob562

Here's one fact that I tend to throw out when these discussions come up: To the best of my knowledge, ignoring restaurants that have outright closed their doors, since the modern DDP's introduction in 2005 or so there has never been a restaurant that has dropped the DDP from one year to the next.

Started accepting it when previously it didn't? Yes. Dropped it? No.
There have been a few who dropped a discount like AP, DVC or TiW. There are also a few that have switched from a single Table credit to a 2-credit Signature.

-Rob

R W B

I'm mot 100% but I would think no restaurant inside a park could drop it, maybe only the ones at downtown Disney/Boardwalk could but I'm sure that would be heavily frowned upon on.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Rob is right, they all end up on the list. Disney doesn't add the non-Disney restaurants to the list until they've completed negotiations with the individual company, so every year there are folks panicking because some restaurant they've booked is not showing up on next year's list.

Although never a guarantee, I don't recall ever seeing a restaurant dropped that wasn't closed. It would be virtual business suicide for a restaurant to stop accepting DDP, so unless a restaurant owner wants to take a very significant risk that their restaurant is so popular they don't need to have ready access to thousands of customers using DDP every year, it's reasonably certain that if the restaurant was there last year it'll ultimately return to the list for next year.

After typing all that, I just did a quick comparison between last year's list and this year's, they are identical except this year's has a few more restaurants now. :cool:

agorna

question... kinda off subject... I'm about to book a trip for 2015 and seriously considering the dining plan (never used it before)... so basically I'm just curious if you get credits on the day you check in and on the day you check out.. or if it's only for full days at the resort...

thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
question... kinda off subject... I'm about to book a trip for 2015 and seriously considering the dining plan (never used it before)... so basically I'm just curious if you get credits on the day you check in and on the day you check out.. or if it's only for full days at the resort...

thanks!
You get credits based on the number of nights you stay (for example a 4 night/5 day stay gives you 4 credits). You can use your credits whenever you wish, from check in time to midnight on the day you check out. If you want to use them all in one day, that's fine...but a lot of food :jawdrop:!

agorna

You get credits based on the number of nights you stay (for example a 4 night/5 day stay gives you 4 credits). You can use your credits whenever you wish, from check in time to midnight on the day you check out. If you want to use them all in one day, that's fine...but a lot of food :jawdrop:!
fantastic! thank you so much

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom