Check in/EMH

Steven11

Good morning! Question here regarding resort check-in and morning extra magic hours. I was hoping to take advantage of morning EMH next Tuesday from 7am-8am, but my resort check-in is not until 3pm on that Tuesday. Will I be unable to use morning EMH? Will online resort check-in help?

Thanks in advance!

Clamman73

Good question...I just did an online chat with Disney to ask...what you really need to do is, do the early online check in, but still you need to go to the hotel and check in so they can scan your band. Because at the park when you go in, a person will scan your band to verify that you are a resort guest. Even though you do early check-in, it doesn't automatically allow the use of early magic hours, from the information I gathered.

If someone else has tried to go to the Parks without checking in first and make use of the early hours, I would be curious to know.

Upvote 0

Steven11

Original Poster
Thank you! I learned from a phone conversation that I am able to do some sort of advanced check in at 7am....which is exactly when the EMH start. So I'm not thinking it would not be worth it? I'd rather see the welcome show, enjoy the atmosphere, and be ready to jump in the first line at 8am, rather than rush from Art of Animation to MK just to "enjoy" 20 min of EMH.

I would also like to know if anyone else has experience with this! Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Steven11

Original Poster
Or will I not be able to enter the park at ALL without the wristband being scanned? This is my first time doing EMH with magic bands...

Upvote 0

Steven11

Original Poster
My tickets are not linked with magic band (long story short--not staying at a resort the entire time/doing some parks before the resort stay).

Does this mean I won't be able to enter the park before 8? Before, I could still enter with no resort stay, I just couldn't get on any rides.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

I always go to the resort to check in around 8-9am ish and get everything all set up. Usually they are able to get me all checked in and yes that early but if not worse case leave your bags at baggage services or your car and head off to the parks. They are pretty good at texting when your rooms ready, I don't think I've ever waited till actual check in time Id say in avg my room is ready by noon 1pm latest

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MissingDisney

My tickets are not linked with magic band (long story short--not staying at a resort the entire time/doing some parks before the resort stay).

Does this mean I won't be able to enter the park before 8? Before, I could still enter with no resort stay, I just couldn't get on any rides.
EMH are for resort guests only. If you aren't a registered resort guest for that day, you will not be admitted into the park at the gate.

Upvote 0

Steven11

Original Poster
EMH are for resort guests only. If you aren't a registered resort guest for that day, you will not be admitted into the park at the gate.

Right--I knew this, I just didn't know if I could use EMH on the morning of the 30th when I will be checking in ON the 30th. I will be a resort guest as of the 30th, I was seeking clarification on whether I actually had to check in first.

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We drive overnight from Maryland each visit and generally arrive at the resort hotel at 4 or 5am. They will let you check in and get everything activated to do EMH on your first day at that time. The only time we have had to wait was one visit at Boardwalk where nobody was around until 6am to get us checked in! Every other time at numerous other resorts, it has never been a problem. A few times, our room has already been ready for us and we have managed to score a shower before heading to the parks for EMH.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom