Using Disney Gift Cards

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Can Disney gift cards that are bought here in the US be used at Disneyland Paris? I usually get some Disney gift cards for Christmas so I'm wondering if I can use them at DLP or if I should save them for a WDW or DL trip.

Also can Disney reward dollars be used at DLP?

Thanks!

Bolna

No, you cannot use US gift cards in Europe. Goes for nearly all gift cards, mainly because of the different currencies involved. The only gift cards that might be different are those from credit card companies (like an American Express gift card) as they can be used like a credit card. But you would need to check the details and AE for example is not accepted as commonly in Europe as in the US. The two big ones here are Visa and MasterCard.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks, I wondered about the different currencies. Since we are staying at a DLP resort we will just charge to our room and keep small bills for snacks.

Bolna

I am not sure that you can charge to the room from all the third party operators in Disney Village and you might want to eat there a few times (like Earl of Sandwich). Also, outside of DLP be aware that Europe uses far less plastic than the US, there will be plenty of places that don't accept credit cards. You might find that you need far more cash than on a similar trip in the US.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok thanks, good advice. We are planning on eating at the Earl of Sandwich. We love eating there at WDW and DL, we will probably get a sandwich there to for our train trip to London.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
To add to what was said above, I am not sure you can charge to your room if you are eating in a restaurant not directly in your own hotel.

HolleBolleGijs

Don't fret about needing to use cash. I rarely carry it, and I only run into issues a few times. Most places accept cards; they probably just have minimums. But this shouldn't be a problem if you're travelling with other people. But when I want to go to a cafe solo, the minimum is usually 15 euros, so that's an issue. It can't hurt to keep some cash on you though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom