The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I always try to be pleasant to store personnel, too. They're just trying to do their job. But I'm a loner when it comes to browsing in stores and prefer to just putter around by myself, until I have a question, or if I take something to the register. I'm not the type of customer that (after the initial greeting) wants to be followed around; makes me nervous. I've actually walked out of a few stores if the sales staff kept coming over. I know there are customers who like that extra attention, but not me.
Yeah I know what you mean. I usually am the same. I will ask a question if I have one. Otherwise, I'm good.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
@donaldtoo[/USER] Well the verdict is the Disney Store is still toys and dress up clothes. Bought new baby a nice sized Minnie Mouse and matching shopping bag. I was never greeted. They have new costumes that look real warm. They are polyester suits with cotton dress shirts. They have to wear a tie, bow tie or scarf. Very similar to the new uniforms at the American Pavilion. They really look like flight attendants now. The girl that checked me out was over the top wonderful. There were two young grade school kids that she was creating some magic for. Good to see.

And Minnie is for her.

View attachment 76917

Haha. I thought about the flight attendant look too when I first saw them. They do not just look warm. They ARE warm...hot in fact.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Or they could just be looking for individuals who used certain services and benefits to see how they liked/disliked them. And if you didn't use those things, your survey is not necessary. There are different surveys for different things. We may not all be a good fit for each survey.

Is doesn't always have to be some big conspiracy like "oh they must be fishing for only positive feedback. There CANT be another reason."

If it wasn't a Disney survey, I might be more inclined to agree with your point. :p

Although neither one of us knows what their true rationale is behind the surveys, you still raised a different angle to surveys, and that's always food for thought.

donaldtoo

So, I was on my way to take DS to his buddies house on the street just behind my folks. As we're drivin' by, I see my 81 yr. old pop up on the roof with a leaf blower. After I drop DS off I head back and over to their place. Pretty much all the leaves are off all the trees, so he was up there blowin' out the gutters. Bonus: the gutters were also full of hundreds of pecans, and he was blowin' them out, too...! :) So, I hung out for a bit, chatted, and helped them fill up a few buckets. Thus far, not including todays haul, they've gathered more than 250 lbs. worth. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, I was on my way to take DS to his buddies house on the street just behind my folks. As we're drivin' by, I see my 81 yr. old pop up on the roof with a leaf blower. After I drop DS off I head back and over to their place. Pretty much all the leaves are off all the trees, so he was up there blowin' out the gutters. Bonus: the gutters were also full of hundreds of pecans, and he was blowin' them out, too...! :) So, I hung out for a bit, chatted, and helped them fill up a few buckets. Thus far, not including todays haul, they've gathered more than 250 lbs. worth. :)

Wow! That's going to make a lot of pie!! :hungry:

donaldtoo

Wow! That's going to make a lot of pie!! :hungry:

Perhaps, one GIANT one...?! :eek:

17798738.jpg

;)

They've kept plenty to make pies, strudel, etc., but, have also sold and given away a lot, as well. :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
If it wasn't a Disney survey, I might be more inclined to agree with your point. :p

Although neither one of us knows what their true rationale is behind the surveys, you still raised a different angle to surveys, and that's always food for thought.
You are so diplomatic. Even when you disagree with someone, he/she comes away feeling validated.
The U.N. could learn a thing or two from you.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Well... I just sat down to take the survey. I got through the age, did you use the app in the parks, and what type of device did you use pages - and got this "Thank you for your willingness to participate, but for this survey we are looking for individuals who match a different profile. We hope you'll choose to participate in future surveys."

So frustrated. So. So. Frustrated.

I know each survey is created to find out specific info, but after I wrote them and email regarding my concerns, maybe contact me in a different way? Now, I'm really hoping the survey was just a coincidence.
Unbelieveable! :eek:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
That's not where I thought this story was going. :joyfull:
I was expecting you to tell us that you gave 81-year old Pops the what-for for being on the roof; presumably untethered.

In my line of work, that gets the entire site shut down for 3 days and a hefty fine.

donaldtoo

That's not where I thought this story was going. :joyfull:
I was expecting you to tell us that you gave 81-year old Pops the what-for for being on the roof; presumably untethered.

In my line of work, that gets the entire site shut down for 3 days and a hefty fine.

Hahaaa...!
Oh, I gave 'im the what-for, alright, as did my mother. First thing I asked him was if he had permission to be up there. His response. "What permission?" But, he was already up on the roof, and I sure as heck wasn't gonna' go up there and try to drag his beeeeehind down...! I did, however, kinda' follow him around from down below (gettin' showered with leaves and twigs and bonked on the noggin' with pecans!!! :joyfull:), thinkin' I might at least be able to help break his fall...! :D ;) :)

Oh, and I fined him one beer. :hungry: ;) :)

seahawk7

Okay, Christmas Party update and food **** pics -Take II.

I didn't take photos of the antipasto bar, just of my plate:
View attachment 77038
Hubby's plate looked very similar:
View attachment 77039
The antipasto bar included: clams (or oysters, not sure of the difference), salami, tomatoes drizzled with balsamic, calamari, grilled veggies (other than the zucchini which I meticulously picked out, breadsticks ....
The menu:
View attachment 77040
View attachment 77041
View attachment 77042
Hubby said his risotto was delicious, albeit a little salty. Mine was delicious, although it needed a little salt. Thinking the kitchen may have double salted one pan, and forgot to season another. It happens.

View attachment 77043
I didn't order the fish, but G. gave me half of his. Delicious!
Hubby and I both ordered the tenderloin. While mine was delicious, I'm not really a steak for lunch kind of girl. I gave 2/3 to Mike, and ate G's fish.
View attachment 77044

Can I tell you how much I despise roasted chestnuts? Ate one once, spit it out ... NEVER again!
View attachment 77045

Dessert:
View attachment 77046
I only ate the meringue.
Cappuccino and then a regular coffee completed this fine repast.
Sadly, no Lobster Thermidor. :(
That fish looks delicious! I wish I had smell o vision on my tablet.

seahawk7

My aunt hasn't taken over Christmas Eve this year from my grandparents who can't physically and mentally do it anymore. And she wants everything to do the same :rolleyes: as it was when we were kids. Which means 'Santa' coming dressed as my idiotic cousin. And then people will ask me about a job. My other idiotic cousin makes like six figures selling Paychex and all she did during college was boozing it up and being a *****. The party was just going to a immediate family but now it's way more people than usual. All through my mind is usually how I don't want to be here. I do like my other cousins though.

If I ever find someone, I'm going to their house.
Now I feel bad teasing you with the Grinch picture. I hope you do find someone and that they are awesome with great Christmas Eve ideas that make you anticipate that night every year. This is my Christmas wish for you.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I always try to be pleasant to store personnel, too. They're just trying to do their job. But I'm a loner when it comes to browsing in stores and prefer to just putter around by myself, until I have a question, or if I take something to the register. I'm not the type of customer that (after the initial greeting) wants to be followed around; makes me nervous. I've actually walked out of a few stores if the sales staff kept coming over. I know there are customers who like that extra attention, but not me.

Yep, that is me too. I am friendly back with the initial greeting but in a heartbeat I will go elsewhere if they won't allow me to browse until I find what I am looking for. I'm even fine with the pop back, a place that I frequent for clothes for myself, when they pop back and say still doing good? and they are on their way again unless I have a question. I like that mutual respect. Each shopper is different, some like that hand holding, a mark of a good sales person is to know when to hold them and when to walk away.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Wow, I think that's great. Everyone wins. :happy: I guess the libraries where I am are still old school; quiet is enforced. But I think it's a really good idea to have some (designated) areas where people can talk (if working on a project, such as @Gabe1 mentioned), or tutor a student. I've never heard of this type of mixed use library situation before, but I do think it has merit. I also never realized the problem for hard-of-hearing people, trying to keep their voices low. For that reason alone, I absolutely agree that there should be areas where discussion is allowed.

Regardless of how things vary from location to location, as long as we can keep libraries, I'll be happy! :)

Me, I am a quiet person and somehow have learned an appropriate volume in public. My problem is when people talk to me in a hushed or quiet volume. I can't hear what they are saying. Unfortunately I've freaked many a worker when I've said, I'm sorry, I am hearing impaired and I can't understand stand what you are saying, could you speak a bit louder. (or freak'n look at me while you are mumbling ;) often the real issue) There is no way of them knowing of my issue, I have no problem with them not being clairvoyant, they just get real nervous once you say you have an ADA issue.

Goofyernmost

Pretty sure I don't, but, that's somethin' only one of those sleep surveys would probably help to nail down, for sure. Letting me know exactly what stages of sleep I'm entering, and when.
For instance, I had sleep apnea both times during my life when I was pretty overweight. I would, too often, wake up in a panic gagging, and choking on reflux and such. Horrible experience. Both times I've lost lots of weight, like now, I've never had problem one with it.
Also, again, this morning is a good example. Both times when I woke up after those short 15 min. sleeps I felt completely and totally relaxed. It's how I know I've actually "slept". It's a totally different feeling than I get when the clock keeps distracting me and all I feel is anxiety the whole time.
Again, somethin' only me bein' monitored overnight would probably shed any real light on, but, I can guarantee you, I'm gettin' nowhere near 7 hrs. of good, deep REM a night, interrupted or not.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that you did get 7 hours. What I was saying is that I do, one way or the other. Not connected to you at all. I use a CPAP machine and I do not wake up gasping either, I just have found myself waking up much more often then I used too. There was a time when I saw every hour of every night. I did sleep some in between those gasping awakenings, but, since I got the machine, it has been years since I have had any trouble sleeping through the night. Something must have changed, however, when I get up I feel like mentally, not physically, I didn't sleep much, but, when I actually add it all up... I get my normal amount, just not uninterrupted anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom