5 adults, 1 x 11yo - cheapest on-world stay?

darrelljon

Original Poster
I'm organising a WDW trip next year for five adults and one eleven-year-old on a tight budget. Two of us, used off-world hotel plus shuttle last summer, probably no car this time either - so looking on-world. Flexible on resort area but leaning towards epcot area. Would it be cheaper to buy DVC points for a 5 bed villa than to try and book a suite (possibly +1 room) in one of the regular disney hotels?

CheshireCat12

Define "tight"? You are going to get a lot of different answers otherwise.
Epcot area kind of limits you to Deluxe level, unless you mean the general vicinity which opens it up a little more.

MorganKelly

The All-Star suites should be a consideration IMHO. Also, think about OKW. As the oldest DVC resort, you would probably he able to purchase points a bit cheaper and the units are quite large to boot. A one-bedroom would give you a master with a king bed, a sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair. A two- bedroom is your best bet. The extra bedroom gives you two queen beds.

PhilharMagician

Rent DVC points. In the Epcot resort area the Boardwalk standard view would require the least amount points per night. Keep in mind the Friday and Saturday night stays require more points than the other five nights.

WhatJaneSays

Your definition of “tight budget” and how long you’re planning on staying are the two big determiners. The sleeping arrangement of your adults and how many baths or other amenities you need/want are also considerations.

If your group is 2 couples, 1 single, 1 child and you don’t need any extra amenities or you’re only on a short trip (say 4 days or less) one of the family suites at the value resorts could be sufficient. A pair of connecting two bed rooms might be a better option if a moderate is more your speed.

If you’re staying longer, specific sleeping arrangements, or better amenities a 2br villa at Boardwalk would likely be the best option to be right near Epcot. With those 2br villas someone is going to end up on a sleeper sofa. If everyone having a "bed-bed" is more of a concern you might want to look at Old Key West or Saratoga 2br or stick with connecting rooms.

Weather_Lady

As above, my first recommendation would be to rent DVC points for a 2-br villa or similar. (We've rented in the past through David's Vacation Club Rentals and had a great experience. You can check their website, plug in your dates and get an instant cost quote.) Of course, depending on when your trip is taking place, and whether you have at least 7-11 months lead time, you may find limited availabilty.

I'd also look into the family suites at All-Star Music, or better yet, connecting and/or adjoining rooms at a moderate resort.

pug

Maybe the hilton orlando lake buena vista if you what the extra magic hours or maybe try the swan and dolphin they have the regular Disney buses that everyone else uses or your best best would be the all stars or Pop :)

tigger1968

Interesting topic. Any chance you could add some specifics? Group makeup, time of year, what level of accommodations you are looking for...that sort of thing. There are numerous options for you, but they can vary a good bit based on the things I mentioned. Throw some of that info out if you can and I am sure you will get some great suggestions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom