The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DVCPluto

Well... I just sat down to take the survey. I got through the age, did you use the app in the parks, and what type of device did you use pages - and got this "Thank you for your willingness to participate, but for this survey we are looking for individuals who match a different profile. We hope you'll choose to participate in future surveys."

So frustrated. So. So. Frustrated.

I know each survey is created to find out specific info, but after I wrote them and email regarding my concerns, maybe contact me in a different way? Now, I'm really hoping the survey was just a coincidence.

donaldtoo

Enjoy! Sleep in! :D

Hahaaa...!!! Thanks! :)
Last night is a perfect example of why I never try to go to sleep before midnight, or later.
Probably, due to the fact that I felt a nice emotional release leavin' the office around 1p with the next 9.5 days off (more days in a row than since I was laid off in Jan. of '09 - Including both WDW trips in '12 and '13, as I only had 8 days off each for those ;)), and the fact that I had a coupla' more brews than usual :D, I carped out about 9:30.
Only to wake up with the clock showin' 1:54a (about my usual 4-ish hours), and then not bein' able to go back to sleep... :confused:
Finally dozed for another 15-ish min. at about 4-ish, then 15-ish min. again at about 5:30-ish, and then done.
Been up ever since. :cyclops:
The only way I'll probably ever be able to "sleep in" again, is to try to go to sleep at about 6a...!!! :joyfull: :hilarious: :D ;) :)

donaldtoo

We both brought home one of these:
View attachment 77047

Inside:
View attachment 77048
An umbrella stand, with a golf umbrella.
No pictures of: a fleece jacket (with company logo), a black scarf and touque (also with logo), a sumptuous light grey bathrobe, and a card containing a $200 MasterCard gift card.

And for the third year in a row, I won one of the table centrepieces.
View attachment 77049
View attachment 77050

The Kris Kringle gift exchange yielded gifts that were 90% booze/wine, so we ended up bringing home 2 bottles of wine, and a Stella Artois gift set w/a $10 LCBO gift card.

While it was a lovely afternoon, two of our dearest friends were absent, due to cancer battles. :(
Hubby's partner M. just had his second chemo treatment on Tuesday, and our Sevice Manager had a cancerous lung (not just the tumours) removed earlier this month.
Best wishes to both of them for a full recovery.

The food looks amazing! :hungry: And, I'm so glad y'all had a great time and came home with some cool stuff! :)

Also, prayers to your colleagues for good outcomes and speedy recoveries.

DVCPluto

Hahaaa...!!! Thanks! :)
Last night is a perfect example of why I never try to go to sleep before midnight, or later.
Probably, due to the fact that I felt a nice emotional release leavin' the office around 1p with the next 9.5 days off (more days in a row than since I was laid off in Jan. of '09 - Including both WDW trips in '12 and '13, as I only had 8 days off each for those ;)), and the fact that I had a coupla' more brews than usual :D, I carped out about 9:30.
Only to wake up with the clock showin' 1:54a (about my usual 4-ish hours), and then not bein' able to go back to sleep... :confused:
Finally dozed for another 15-ish min. at about 4-ish, then 15-ish min. again at about 5:30-ish, and then done.
Been up ever since. :cyclops:
The only way I'll probably ever be able to "sleep in" again, is to try to go to sleep at about 6a...!!! :joyfull: :hilarious: :D ;) :)

Do you think you only need about 4 hours of sleep a night? Are you tired during the day?

This peaked my interest because I was just thinking about how awesome it would be to have 20 hours a day - and feel awake and ready to go! That's awesome! :D If so, very jealous! ;)

I'm a terrible sleeper, and I feel it during the day. It is just awful to try and make yourself sleep while you keep peeking at the clock.

donaldtoo

Well... I just sat down to take the survey. I got through the age, did you use the app in the parks, and what type of device did you use pages - and got this "Thank you for your willingness to participate, but for this survey we are looking for individuals who match a different profile. We hope you'll choose to participate in future surveys."

I know each survey is created to find out specific info, but after I wrote them and email regarding my concerns, maybe contact me in a different way? Now, I'm really hoping the survey was just a coincidence.

Wow.
Sounds to me more like they were saying... "Thank you for your willingness to participate, but, you're obviously not going to give us the result we want on this 'survey'. Have a Magical day!"

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

We both brought home one of these:
View attachment 77047

Inside:
View attachment 77048
An umbrella stand, with a golf umbrella.
No pictures of: a fleece jacket (with company logo), a black scarf and touque (also with logo), a sumptuous light grey bathrobe, and a card containing a $200 MasterCard gift card.

And for the third year in a row, I won one of the table centrepieces.
View attachment 77049
View attachment 77050

The Kris Kringle gift exchange yielded gifts that were 90% booze/wine, so we ended up bringing home 2 bottles of wine, and a Stella Artois gift set w/a $10 LCBO gift card.

While it was a lovely afternoon, two of our dearest friends were absent, due to cancer battles. :(
Hubby's partner M. just had his second chemo treatment on Tuesday, and our Sevice Manager had a cancerous lung (not just the tumours) removed earlier this month.
Best wishes to both of them for a full recovery.
The centerpiece is beautiful. Isn't it a fun feeling when you win something. :happy:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
After little sleep the night before, I fell asleep last night with laptop open (again) and DD woke me at 730 as requested. Can't remember waking, first full night sleep in forever. Didn't even hear DH alarm or him leaving for work.

So this is what rested feels like, had forgotten.

MOXOMUMD

Do you think you only need about 4 hours of sleep a night? Are you tired during the day?

This peaked my interest because I was just thinking about how awesome it would be to have 20 hours a day - and feel awake and ready to go! That's awesome! :D If so, very jealous! ;)

I'm a terrible sleeper, and I feel it during the day. It is just awful to try and make yourself sleep while you keep peeking at the clock.
The worst is waking hours before the alarm clock goes off and then you can't sleep because you know it's going off soon. :(

donaldtoo

You know, it's funny, but more often than not, it seems to be enough. I couldn't produce at my job the way I do if I was having concentration problems. I just can't figure it out. I've tried just about every OTC sleep aid you can imagine. They usually help me get to sleep, but, not keep me there. 2 Docs have suggested I do weekend sleep studies, but, have just never actually scheduled one.
I've also always heard that the older you get, generally speaking, the less sleep you need. Apparently, that's the case with me.
I am certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and definitely don't consider myself a deep thinker, but, I just can't seem to get my mind to power down at night when I need to sleep.
And, yes, the clock peekaboo game drives me nutso...! :confused: ;) :)

Gabe1

A good example of what my DD was saying about surveys from Disney. I'd follow it up with another contact simply stating I contacted you, you sent me a survey and was dismissed by your survey. I was halted mid survey from participating stating you were not interested in guests fitting my profile. It is disappointing to hear Disney is profiling guests and is no longer interested in hearing feedback from guests from my demographic.

If I was the Empress of Disney I would drop the use of the word profile...that is a touchy word to use this year. Disney should have known your profile when they sent the survey. That department needs new leadership. Who writes an auto response that is that arrogant to something they sent to you? So much for the White Glove customer service of yesteryear.

donaldtoo

Was just talking with the fam about getting another dog. They want another one. :rolleyes:
And, no. It ain't happenin' any time in the immediate future. But, I told them if sometime down the road we did get another one, it would have to be named "Jet".
'Cause then we'd have this...

6125518134_173bfd0696_z.jpg

A Bell(e) Jet Ranger...!!!!! :joyfull: :D ;) :)

Gabe1

Was just talking with the fam about getting another dog. They want another one. :rolleyes:
And, no. It ain't happenin' any time in the immediate future. But, I told them if sometime down the road we did get another one, it would have to be named "Jet".
'Cause then we'd have this...

6125518134_173bfd0696_z.jpg

A Bell(e) Jet Ranger...!!!!! :joyfull: :D ;) :)

Does your No really work? :p

I like the name Jet. It was number 2 choice for my Golden-Boy, Jethro won.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
You know, it's funny, but more often than not, it seems to be enough. I couldn't produce at my job the way I do if I was having concentration problems. I just can't figure it out. I've tried just about every OTC sleep aid you can imagine. They usually help me get to sleep, but, not keep me there. 2 Docs have suggested I do weekend sleep studies, but, have just never actually scheduled one.
I've also always heard that the older you get, generally speaking, the less sleep you need. Apparently, that's the case with me.
I am certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and definitely don't consider myself a deep thinker, but, I just can't seem to get my mind to power down at night when I need to sleep.
And, yes, the clock peekaboo game drives me nutso...! :confused: ;) :)
Turn the clock so it is facing away from you. Remove your watch.
Sometimes I think I haven't slept a wink because I looked at the clock at 3:15, 3:50, 4:40, 5:25, 6:05, and then 6:30 when the alarm went off. Truth is, I probably slept in four 40-60 minute snatches in between glancing at the clock.
Except that first night of vacation @ our Buffalo airport hotel. Yeah, that night I really was up all night. Counting 500+ bathroom floor tiles, if you'll recall.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I kind of don't want to Christmas Eve to come.
Even as a kid, Christmas Eve was my favourite part of the Christmas holidays.
I loved all the relatives popping in, the food, and the tremendous sense of anticipation.
Every gift I ever dreamed of getting, could potentially still be mere hours away from being placed beneath the tree.

As my grandparents started to pass away, we started the family tradition of "the cemetery trek", where we would go to three different cemeteries, and lay flowers at each grave.
I haven't done this in a few years though, as I kind of got to the point where I have as many loved ones below ground as above.

Personally, I'm at that weird in-between stage. 10 years out from my kids being "kids", but at least 8-10 years (fingers crossed) from grandbabies.

donaldtoo

Turn the clock so it is facing away from you. Remove your watch.
Sometimes I think I haven't slept a wink because I looked at the clock at 3:15, 3:50, 4:40, 5:25, 6:05, and then 6:30 when the alarm went off. Truth is, I probably slept in four 40-60 minute snatches in between glancing at the clock.
Except that first night of vacation @ our Buffalo airport hotel. Yeah, that night I really was up all night. Counting 500+ bathroom floor tiles, if you'll recall.

DWifey has her digital clock on her night stand that I can't see unless I sit really far up. Unfortunatey, the clock I look at is the one on the cable box in our bedroom. I do not wear a watch, so, I've got that covered.
And, I know when I've caught those snatches here and there. For some reason, one thing I am never unsure about is when I doze and don't doze. Maybe that's part of the situation, now that I think about it. :confused:
My mind just keeps rolllin'. Sometimes it's concern about things life-related, other times it just trivial stuff I can't, for the life of me, stop thinkin' about.
DWifey, on the other hand...her head hits the pillow, and she's out. Mind-boggling...!!! :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom